DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 7, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #4,651 of 13,478
Quite revealing when try Fidelizer....

Just wondering if you are able to try and compare it with the Mango OS with fidelizer vs stock?

As I am currently deciding if I will try and avail the Fidelizer Advanced Rom, but I am afraid that the improvement might be just on the Android OS but none on the Mango OS.

Jun 7, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #4,652 of 13,478
Just wondering if you are able to try and compare it with the Mango OS with fidelizer vs stock?

As I am currently deciding if I will try and avail the Fidelizer Advanced Rom, but I am afraid that the improvement might be just on the Android OS but none on the Mango OS.
ur concern is correct, the improvements only on Mango apps (Android mode).
in Mango OS, is no different... thats what I exp...

Jun 7, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #4,653 of 13,478
ur concern is correct, the improvements only on Mango apps (Android mode).
in Mango OS, is no different... thats what I exp...

Well that’s a bit disappointing but that is what I am expecting as well since the Mango OS is not open source unlike the Android OS so basically Fidelizer has no access to do modification on the Mango OS.

Just need to clarify my assumptions hehe. Thanks :D

Jun 7, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #4,654 of 13,478
My distributor said amp9 will be arrived in Thailand at the end of this month. The price still not reveal.

So I believe it is very near to global release now.

Jun 7, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #4,656 of 13,478
Amp9 is confirmed to be only 3.5 single.end

Jun 7, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #4,660 of 13,478
Really enjoying this DAP with Campfire Solaris. Everything just sounds so correct, neutral and tight.

Other things I like:
- The sound quality.
- The amazing screen. My eyes aren't getting better with age and I appreciated the 5" screen. Perhaps I'll need a 6" screen next year...
- Being able to switch between Mango OS and Android OS so I can stay "connected" if I need to, and for listening to Tidal, etc. This is my first Android device.
- Simple to use and setup
- Firmware update OTA was simple.
- This device is solid!
- Possibility to change amps. Currently looking at AMP8 and AMP9 (and then all my amps will have tubes).
- I "bulk load" music files from my PC, but often I don't really want all those files. The DX220 makes it very simple to delete these files.

Areas for improvement? Not many. These are really minor.
- Scrolling long lists could be smoother
- Very slight pop noise when format switches (i.e. from DSD64 to FLAC)
- Ghastly supplied light brown case

Every other DAP I've had in the past I've sold quite quickly. I'll keep this one. Until the DX300 comes out... :)

Will try with Focal Stellia this weekend.

Jun 7, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #4,662 of 13,478
Well that’s a bit disappointing but that is what I am expecting as well since the Mango OS is not open source unlike the Android OS so basically Fidelizer has no access to do modification on the Mango OS.

Just need to clarify my assumptions hehe. Thanks :D
hehehe... well, not only that, I also felt the Fidelizer DX220 need more volume compare Stock FW DX220...
Quite OK for me, since u get more darker background....

Jun 7, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #4,663 of 13,478
Jun 7, 2019 at 3:00 PM Post #4,664 of 13,478
Dear insiders, please let us know when and where AMP9 will be available. I am very very curious to hear impressions. Surely, I’ll check Amp3players often :wink:

Jun 7, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #4,665 of 13,478
quite difficult if there's no other DX220 in stock FW
Actually, you need 3 devices. Human brain is not optimized to find differences: if it is commanded to find a difference, it finds it even if there is no one! The brain is optimized to find similarities: this is how voice, speech, sound, also image, face etc. recognition works, which we constantly use.

So take three devices: 2x with one firmware and 1 with the other, and try to find the couple. Repeat it by flashing them randomly, by somebody else. I'm sure you'll be surprised by the result :D I mean it: with any firmware builds or mods on DX220!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back