DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 23, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #3,856 of 13,478
This little DX220 DAP is driving me crazy. WiFi is flaky, it freezes up all the time, it can't use Google Play, and it takes forever to transfer music to it. It sounds good, really good, and the screen is nice -- but those are its only redeeming qualities. The R6 Pro is so much more of a well-oiled and well-optimized machine. I'm about ready to give up on this thing, but I'll try the Fidelizer ROM first.

Okay, I was a bit frustrated last night when I wrote this. After a hard reset the wifi is working a little better for me.

I'm not sure how APK Pure works...sometimes I can download a program through it and sometimes I can't (I get an error that the download failed, and I restart, and it fails again). I don't think this is the WiFi as much as some quirk in how the app works. I think the Fidelizer ROM comes with the Google Play store.

The excellent sound is keeping the DX220 in my orbit for now...

May 23, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #3,857 of 13,478
Indeed....
Do we both have faulty devices? Or is this a software bug?

Have you ever experienced audio cutting out left or right channel intermittently shortly after starting to listen? I have and wonder if it is related.

Nope only my wma files not playing and the weird power button thing. Channels seem ok.

May 23, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #3,862 of 13,478
Why Worry ? :wink: and enjoy the music!
C59DC395-EE73-4DE2-9E5A-BF562F3DFE9F.jpeg

May 23, 2019 at 10:59 AM Post #3,863 of 13,478
Love the 150

Enjoyed 200 with Amp 8 later. First try with 200 was stock amp before 10+ F.W.'s was not great experience. Most do not rec that original amp aside from the most dry/analytical listeners.
I did not bash the 220 at all. Quite the opposite actually. Paul was great to me when my 150 had an issue. I mentioned that in the vid as well as iBasso's great follow up via FW updates.
FiiO has been announcing things with far off release dates. I had no real awareness of it aside from a couple short reviews that talked like it was a hybrid phone/DAP. Sounded legit as FiiO throws pasta on the wall via sheer volume of items and some stick.

After playing with crazy priced DAP's with my money I am happy to be enjoying 2 under $1000 dollar DAPs at a time when I thought those days were in the past. These are both great deals and I said so. I am really enjoying a DAP built in 2104 as my final personal choice.
You folks enjoy. It is a great DAP (220) by a great company. I will not gum up the thread with debates about opinions. i did not expect Summer 2019 to be bringing 2 (so far) affordable fast easy to use great sounding players. I was awaiting Sony to announce a nutzo priced follow up to the WM1Z. Both of these beauties were not on my radar as being priced as they are.

Finally some nice surprises. You folks take care and enjoy.

"You folks take care and enjoy." Who are you and what have you done with Chris?!? :D

I also got quite a few messages with people being confused after reading my DX220 review because I compared it to the likes of SPK, LPGT, WM1Z. There are differences in build quality, battery life, interface speed, features, etc. You have to do your homework to figure out which one is at the top of your list as the highest priority, and also figure out your budget. But when it comes to the sound quality, the gap between these flagship DAPs is closing in, regardless of the price. In the last few years folks at AKM and ESS been releasing some top performer DACs, and DAP manufacturers with years of design experience know what they are doing to utilize these building blocks. That's what it comes down to.

May 23, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #3,865 of 13,478
I had a similar behaviour cause of a faulty AMP module. Try to power on after disconnecting the AMP module.
I tried to disconnect the Amp module few minutes ago..... nothing to do. My Dx220 is gone....... for my luck this is an iBasso DAP and Paul and iBasso service are always a real warranty.

May 23, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #3,867 of 13,478
That is likely a short somewhere ? Loud pop with related problems is never good
No. His device hangs on resume from suspend. Long press of the Power button turns it off by power cut, without muting the output, and this leads to the pop.

May 23, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #3,868 of 13,478
Yes, the dielectric will greatly contributes toward the longevity, the dampening factor, the microphonic probability, and flexibility :wink:. It is very hard to tell the differences of cables as there are so many other things that needed to be considered

Gotcha. So...PVC or PE? Teflon is out, near as I can tell

May 23, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #3,869 of 13,478
From today the WiFi of the dx220 does not turn on at all.I requested amp3 to return it and get another dx220 as at this stage It’s possible that the wifi module may be faulty.Not giving up on the dx220, it sounds too good..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back