DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 23, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #3,872 of 13,478
Thanks for the feedback anyway. I will get it in 2 days and post a follow-up then.
I will compare the SE vs BAL outputs on DX220 to the same headphone and stock cables - balanced should always sound equal or better than SE, so if it get worse it can only be the adapter.
Regards

Just got the adapter and its great. Plugs look and feel good quality and sound quality doesn't seem to be affected. It surely sounds better with the adapter balanced out of DX220 than SE.
My desktop amp has both XLR 4pin balanced and 2.5mm balanced, I can do a better judgment of the adapter comparing those two... but at this moment I only want to listen DX220 :L3000:

IMG_3376.jpg

May 23, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #3,873 of 13,478
Has anyone actually bought the Fidelizer ROM upgrade for $99 and with the DX220 can you tell me what real world improvements you have noticed? I can hardly notice the differences in SQ with different digital filters selected so if the changes are very nuanced then not sure it makes sense to purchase.
I purchased the Fidelizer ROM upgrade from @WindowsX . I haven't received it via email yet, but I will report back once I've installed and tested it out.

Last edited:
May 23, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #3,875 of 13,478
After six hours attached to the usb of my pc the DX220 has come back to life !! and finally I can see the charge indicator (very low) running...
Very very strange but I hope it was just a temporary problem that is now solved. I am happy....
thank you Guys for all your support and help :dt880smile::dt880smile:

May 23, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #3,876 of 13,478
After six hours attached to the usb of my pc the DX220 has come back to life !! and finally I can see the charge indicator (very low) running...
Very very strange but I hope it was just a temporary problem that is now solved. I am happy....
thank you Guys for all your support and help :dt880smile::dt880smile:

glad you got it back to the life it deserves

May 23, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #3,879 of 13,478
May 23, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #3,882 of 13,478
HBB claims no difference considering sound departments of DX220 and M11.
I can claim that for me a VW bug will go as fast as a super car. Doesn't make it so.

That is silly. The DX220 is a top of the line dap. The M11 is a midline dap and there is no comparison, IMO. The bass of the M11 leaves much to be desired and the soundstage transparency, dynamics and imaging can't compare to the DX220.

May 23, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #3,883 of 13,478
I can claim that for me a VW bug will go as fast as a super car. Doesn't make it so.

That is silly. The DX220 is a top of the line dap. The M11 is a midline dap and there is no comparison, IMO. The bass of the M11 leaves much to be desired and the soundstage transparency, dynamics and imaging can't compare to the DX220.

You tried m11?

May 23, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #3,885 of 13,478
You tried m11?

I did. It was nothing to write home about.

But @Researcher, you and everyone else here knows that HBB has a preference for the FiiO sound.

IMHO the burned in DX228W blew the M11 away in sound-stage, clarity, and depth. But hey, each to their own. I'd say we should have a poll here for people to vote but it would never be perspective enough. I mean...you CAN get a better sounding device, but you're going to spend$3K+ to get it. You can get a faster OS but you sacrifice sound quality. You can have dreams of perfection in your head which you'll never be able to obtain no matter how much money you spend.

I believe it's about whether you appreciate the affordability, versatility, and sound quality when picking a DAP. Normally, with other top of the line comparable DAP's you can pick two out of the three...but with the DX220, you get all three.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back