DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 22, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #3,691 of 13,478
ur the best...
all my wonder is being answers...
- AMp1Mk2 vs Amp8
- Pure mango vs Mango Andro
- Digital Filter (which my new favo is Brick wall)
Will try it myself off course...
Big Thanks....

Cant wait my Amp8...
and wish paul / ibasso can fixed all current issued in PURE mango OS...
You saying you didnt know of any of those tacts? You didnt read those facts on this thread ?

May 22, 2019 at 1:08 AM Post #3,692 of 13,478
Here it is, another novel from Tw6; I mean, a full detailed review of DX220 :wink: I tried to cover a lot of info, enjoy the read! Soon to be published on Head-fi as well.

I am hearing this device is up to par with other TOTL devices which are much more expensive. Nicely done by iBasso.
Any comment on matching up with Mel? I can't wait to hear your view on Amp9 when it is finally released.

May 22, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #3,694 of 13,478
Is the line out volume dial controlled? I thought it was fixed but I have to adjust the volume knob when outputing to an amp...

May 22, 2019 at 2:21 AM Post #3,695 of 13,478
Any chance it fixes any of the issues with mqa stuttering at 192 in tidal or the mango app not scanning my SD card
Do you mean, the problems happen only with my add-on, or do they happen with pure stock firmware as well?

May 22, 2019 at 2:25 AM Post #3,696 of 13,478
Do you mean, the problems happen only with my add-on, or do they happen with pure stock firmware as well?
MQA stuttering on Tidal master happens with original firmware.
He's asking whether with your addon will fix the issue.

Edit: with Lurker add on, it's still stuttering with Tidal master files.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019 at 3:44 AM Post #3,698 of 13,478
Awesome review! I am surprised that you drive Empyrean with Amp1 MKII :D...
Well, the Empereans run perfectly fine on less powerful daps like on the HiBy R6 Pro which has just about 250mw/32ohms so I wouldn't be surprised

May 22, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #3,699 of 13,478
Here it is, another novel from Tw6; I mean, a full detailed review of DX220 :wink: I tried to cover a lot of info, enjoy the read! Soon to be published on Head-fi as well.

Great read as always @twister6

The cpu choice is the only thing holding me back from the DX220. A faster cpu would have made it so much more enjoyable to use. Perhaps its was a design constrain or ibasso simply had too much leftover cpus but it's definitely shame the cpu stayed the same especially considering that the competition has moved on to using faster cpus like on the Fiio M11 or Cayin N6ii.

Another thing I'm interested in is a comparison between the DX220 and the N8. Would that comparison be possible? Thanks :)

May 22, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #3,702 of 13,478
@twister6 great review thanks for sharing with us

May 22, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #3,703 of 13,478
Great read as always @twister6

The cpu choice is the only thing holding me back from the DX220. A faster cpu would have made it so much more enjoyable to use. Perhaps its was a design constrain or ibasso simply had too much leftover cpus but it's definitely shame the cpu stayed the same especially considering that the competition has moved on to using faster cpus like on the Fiio M11 or Cayin N6ii.

Another thing I'm interested in is a comparison between the DX220 and the N8. Would that comparison be possible? Thanks :)

The CPU is pretty fast, but DX220 just like any DAP, needs to have a way to deal with heat dissipation :)

IMO, dx220 is so crazy for all of it functions already, a little slower in speed is ok to me

May 22, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #3,704 of 13,478
The CPU is pretty fast, but DX220 just like any DAP, needs to have a way to deal with heat dissipation :)

IMO, dx220 is so crazy for all of it functions already, a little slower in speed is ok to me
Can you try something for me?

Go into settings, then into about device. Find software information, go into it and tap build number until you get developer access.

Go back a into the main page of settings and there should be a developer options tab, go into it and look for window animation scale, transition animation scale and animator duration scale. Set all to 0.5

Does it speed up the operation of the DX220?

May 22, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #3,705 of 13,478
Can you try something for me?

Go into settings, then into about device. Find software information, go into it and tap build number until you get developer access.

Go back a into the main page of settings and there should be a developer options tab, go into it and look for window animation scale, transition animation scale and animator duration scale. Set all to 0.5

Does it speed up the operation of the DX220?

Did that yesterday, i put it to off though! On my phone i do it to 0.5x. I also turned the Mobile Data Always On to Off there. Made my Bluetooth codec to LDAC and all the highest option there Bluetooth :)

But I received the Advanced ROM from Fidelizer, might install it to see what improvements I get!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back