DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 21, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #3,661 of 13,478
Did that and still could not find the scanning button in Android. I was able to scan my card in Mango and it recognized my new music. Do I have to scan in Android too or will the DX 220 just figure it out?
To get to scanning in Android - go to MangoPlayer/Settings (cog wheel)/Advanced/Scanning - there you should find options for Internal and SD Card. I am not 100% on whether scanning covers both Android and Mango modes - so I just do it on both sides to make sure the bases are covered.

Cheers,
Tim

May 21, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #3,662 of 13,478
If iBasso is leaving 10-15% room for improvement of sound on their TOTL player just by flashing a new firmware, iBasso should fire all the team and get new engineers, as this is the main point of spending hundreds on a high end player is how much successful it is sqeezing every bit of "audio performance" out of its resources, and suddenly it gets better by tweaking a few things in the "software"? Again, I wouldn't discuss anything about the whole software package experience, but that much of a sound quality change?

In a world of people believing that earth is flat, I would like to hear convincing answers about how this is possible.
Very good point.
3.5mm Pro is a connector developed by some China associations ? I heard about it a while back. It can take in both regular 3.5mm - SE or a balanced 3.5mm TRRS 4 poles. Of course there are some additional circuitry to allow it switching between mode according to the type of the plug being used. But I never encountered it in real life

That's an awesome connector. So versatile! That would probably the best connector imo.

May 21, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #3,663 of 13,478
Well, I waited patiently for several days to get my DX220 (OK... not so patiently... I was checking DHL tracking every few hours), and it finally arrived. Aaaannd it has a problem: No matter which way I turn the volume knob, it reduces the volume. I can turn the media volume back up by using the touch screen from the home screen, but the knob only turns it down. Any ideas? Or did I just draw the short straw and get the one wonky unit from iBasso?

:cry:

May 21, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #3,666 of 13,478
great!
Well, I waited patiently for several days to get my DX220 (OK... not so patiently... I was checking DHL tracking every few hours), and it finally arrived. Aaaannd it has a problem: No matter which way I turn the volume knob, it reduces the volume. I can turn the media volume back up by using the touch screen from the home screen, but the knob only turns it down. Any ideas? Or did I just draw the short straw and get the one wonky unit from iBasso?

I'll try would factory reset. If not fixed, load firmware and factory reset. If that doesn't work, it's probably defective...

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #3,667 of 13,478

Wow, you got the special safety feature that protects you from bumping the knob and having an accidental volume increase! (kidding)

Seriously, sounds like a problem, but might want to try a factory reset and/or updating the firmware to see if the glitch goes away.

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #3,668 of 13,478
Thanks for the help, guys!

I've already done a factory reset (no change), and I'm doing a firmware update, now.

I've been in contact with Paul (he's aces!!) and he says the volume control is defective. He's issuing an RMA. Oh well... more waiting.

May 21, 2019 at 6:15 PM Post #3,669 of 13,478
A Shot of my addiction!
CBC1E46F-03FB-4020-9232-6CBAB15D3F43.jpeg

May 21, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #3,670 of 13,478
For those who is having problems with volume wheels in the case. The reason is because the top of the case is laying against and rubbing on the wheels...which acts as a brake! Or restrain mechanism....lol..., so the wheel will not move or having a hard time to do so. There are 2 ways to go around it......while adjusting the wheel, do not pinch on top of the case ....or modify it :D
3D7CB2B3-83DE-45A8-A76B-13987A028A35.jpeg

So, how do you modify it ? The top of the leather case is made with metal frame inside...you read it correctly metal frame inside. So, it is bendable! So, all you need to do is take out your case, and bend it slightly around this area. Just enough, so long as it give your volume wheel a good Gap and freely moving . You can even use a razor or utility knife like I did, and give it some light shave there too!

Problem Solved ! :D Enjoy your music !!
26AC57FD-2F7B-48B1-B211-BC20A391EDA1.jpeg
21A7019B-0DF6-4E30-9ACF-3D7FC43ACE48.jpeg 1E454106-4979-4C2A-BCD2-F7964B4B84CC.jpeg

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 6:52 PM Post #3,672 of 13,478
Where's rutter been? He was my main source of entertainment in this thread.
For those with multiple amp modules, is there a noticeable difference in battery life between them?
The battery life is not as noticably different by modules as different type of formats. Say for MP3 and FLAC, you get around 7-8 hours....if you use DSD...it is another matter x_X

Last edited:
May 21, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #3,673 of 13,478
Anybody tried to exchange amp 1mk2 and amp 8 without turning dap off?
On dx200 there were no any problem for me

I did it the other days from Amp 2 up to Amp 1 mkii to try to find a perfect match for the Andromeda V3 (decided on Amp8/Amp 1 mkii with Amp 4 & amp 5 coming in a close second and third.

Its not recommended.
I know on later amps (i only tried before OREO) on DX200 it would shut off.

————————————/

First initial firmware for DX220 update I could not do it over wifi.
I had to do the manual Micro SD version

————————————-

This update I can do over wifi

Scanning music is no problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Back