DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Mar 19, 2019 at 2:31 AM Post #301 of 13,478
Who is Orcinus_?

I have no idea. :) I was just checking for some rumors and came across this post. I believe, if they would upgrade the SoC/CPU they would leak it already, just like the amount of memory.

Although I am using it myself, I think Android is one of the worst things that could have happened to the mobile devices world. It is a pure waste of resources, and having to use Android for streaming services is just another bummer.

Mar 19, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #302 of 13,478
If the Japanese guy's tweet is accurate, that would be a tad of a bummer for me.

I was kind of looking forward to the Korg NuTube and was willing to get the DX220 if the general CPU was decent.

Interface is kind of a big deal for me. I'm not such a purist audiophile that I choose devices that pick audio over all else. Tried that, and really despise the Opus #3 interface, almost thinking of selling it maybe. Also tried with the Cayin N5ii, and while scrolling smooth, every major action, like play, pause, next track, is really delayed, and overall the system is just incredibly slow. Have the R3, and while power on is fast, the interface drives me a little batty.

Guess I'll be sticking with the R6.

There is now another option I'm looking at, but it's so ridiculously over my budget, it's a big unlikely leaning just a wee bit towards....maybe I can save....
What other option are you referring to?

Mar 19, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #303 of 13,478
I have no idea. :) I was just checking for some rumors and came across this post. I believe, if they would upgrade the SoC/CPU they would leak it already, just like the amount of memory.

Although I am using it myself, I think Android is one of the worst things that could have happened to the mobile devices world. It is a pure waste of resources, and having to use Android for streaming services is just another bummer.
Does the R6 or R 3 have optical out to be used as a transport for high end desktop DACS?

Mar 19, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #304 of 13,478
will be available on Sing CanJam....
I wish I have Biztrip during that time.
“The Titanium main signature is an improvement upon the regular Dx200 into : Soundstage, layering, separation, airiness, and treble fidelity. Most specially and notable is Treble resolution and it airiness. It can be observed both from using PCM that makes uses of the internal DAC decoding or Native DSD512. Totally worth every pennies from my own point of view. This is a confirmation that when Ibasso is allowed to put the best of their enthusiastic heart into a special product (limited edition), they really do make it special”

I don’t get it. Why make a limited edition model that sells out in a nanosecond, is significantly better than the standard offering and then not make more??

Will the DX 220 incorporate the improvements in SQ made for the DX200 titanium??

Mar 19, 2019 at 9:17 AM Post #305 of 13,478

The “other option” is hard to justify, it’s just too ridiculously expensive for a DAC. I’ve been staring at a number of flagships since I’m starting to get a little resigned to the fact that mid-fi will frustrate me like every mid-fi has to date.

Of the flagships, I keep going back to the Lotoo PAW Gold Touch as the possible long term satisfying solution. Never heard it, so could bear wrong, of course.

Mar 19, 2019 at 9:18 AM Post #306 of 13,478

The “other option” is hard to justify, it’s just too ridiculously expensive for a DAC. I’ve been staring at a number of flagships since I’m starting to get a little resigned to the fact that mid-fi will frustrate me like every mid-fi has to date.

Of the flagships, I keep going back to the Lotoo PAW Gold Touch as the possible long term satisfying solution. Never heard it, so could bear wrong, of course.

Mar 19, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #307 of 13,478

The Lotoo sounds just ok, not great.

Mar 19, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #309 of 13,478
Mar 19, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #311 of 13,478
Mar 19, 2019 at 10:53 AM Post #314 of 13,478
What about the N8?
N8 is a pretty good DAP, it maybe tricky to fit in your pocket on the go, but if you have it out on a desk and listen, it is fine. The sound performances is better than Lotto Touch in my opinion, more analog and musical than dx200Ti with Amp1. Soundstage are both similar with Dx200Ti a bit wider and deeper, bUt not by much. N8 has a much more musical and analog appeal with the tubes engaged on SE. I think this is why Amp9 will be Korg tube as well.

Price to performances ratio, I would stay with dx200Ti, I can swap amp module, and it is 1/2 the price. Customer service, Ibasso is top notch, so is firmware and ....etc..

Mar 19, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #315 of 13,478
N8 is a pretty good DAP, it maybe tricky to fit in your pocket on the go, but if you have it out on a desk and listen, it is fine. The sound performances is better than Lotto Touch in my opinion, more analog and musical than dx200Ti with Amp1. Soundstage are both similar with Dx200Ti a bit wider and deeper, bUt not by much. N8 has a much more musical and analog appeal with the tubes engaged on SE. I think this is why Amp9 will be Korg tube as well.

Price to performances ratio, I would stay with dx200Ti, I can swap amp module, and it is 1/2 the price. Customer service, Ibasso is top notch, so is firmware and ....etc..

I always keep coming to the same point: Having the wireless DAC option which DX200 is lacking. It is a no-go for me if DX220 lacks this feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back