DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 7, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #2,281 of 13,478
Is there a comparison post of the Ibasso amps that fit the DX 220? I have read a lot of talk on this thread about how nice the included amp is and what a shame it's not 4.4 balanced instead of 2.5. The number 8 amp is 4.4 balanced. How does the DX 220 with stock amp compare to it with amp 8?

May 7, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #2,282 of 13,478
You never know.....at the moment, we have Sony DMP-Z1 for $8,000. Will AK be competing Price VS Price ? Or will they be competing products, performances, build, brands wise ?

One thing for sure is the more competitions, the better
The DMP-Z1 is hands down the best DAP I have ever heard. I was thinking just like you, there is no way a DAP can be worth 8 grand, but Sony has literally pulled a rabbit out of its @ss. It not only blows every other TOTL dap out of the water, but outdoes TOTL dedicated desktop amps. Most realistic rendition of audio I have ever heard. Just a jawdropper.
My wallet hates me for saying this, but I will be buying one for myself at some point. I wish I had never listened to it, would have saved me a ton of money.
I agree with @Whitigir these Sony daps are worth their asking price, and then some. I am not a fan of the 1Z in particular, but the 1A and DMP-Z1 are excellent at what they are designed to do.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 7:58 PM Post #2,283 of 13,478
I was streaming Spotify on DX220, so far didn't get the pop noise.

What quality did you set for streaming. I was using High instead of Very High.

Very High...

try change the setting to High... still have Pop noise... is it prob because Wifi or connection? Bandwith 2.4 or 5? dunno

anyway, let me try other connections. will get back...

OK. there couple of things need to straight up...
Spotify Streaming correlated with POP noise.

If the song is new and just being listen but not download offline, POP Noise there.
if already listen, not yet download, POP still, but not as many as the first one.
If alrdy in download offline, but wifi still on, POP still occur, but very seldom...

I know Pop is common for streaming. but the sound is quite noticeable in DX220...
Well just download and listen offline will be my solution for now if I dont want that Pop.

Anyway, almost 80% of my listening FLAC, spotify is just to heard new songs, if I like it, I get the flac if avail.
my SD card is 256Gb. 10 Gb DSD, and 40 Gb Flac, already quite a lot of songs (except DSD.. only 18 song for 10 GB)

add. note :
changing quality file from Very High to High, even Normal, didn't affect much on POP noise...

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #2,284 of 13,478
The DMP-Z1 is hands down the best DAP I have ever heard. I was thinking just like you, there is no way a DAP can be worth 8 grand, but Sony has literally pulled a rabbit out of its @ss. It not only blows every other TOTL dap out of the water, but outdoes TOTL dedicated desktop amps. Most realistic rendition of audio I have ever heard. Just a jawdropper.
My wallet hates me for saying this, but I will be buying one for myself at some point. I wish I had never listened to it, would have saved me a ton of money.
I agree with @Whitigir these Sony daps are worth their asking price, and then some. I am not a fan of the 1Z in particular, but the 1A and DMP-Z1 are excellent at what they are designed to do.
Lol, pulled a rabbit out of it @$$ eh? I like that !!

May 7, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #2,285 of 13,478
OK. there couple of things need to straight up...
Spotify Streaming correlated with POP noise.

If the song is new and just being listen but not download offline, POP Noise there.
if already listen, not yet download, POP still, but not as many as the first one.
If alrdy in download offline, but wifi still on, POP still occur, but very seldom...

I know Pop is common for streaming. but the sound is quite noticeable in DX220...
Well just download and listen offline will be my solution for now if I dont want that Pop.

Anyway, almost 80% of my listening FLAC, spotify is just to heard new songs, if I like it, I get the flac if avail.
my SD card is 256Gb. 10 Gb DSD, and 40 Gb Flac, already quite a lot of songs (except DSD.. only 18 song for 10 GB)

add. note :
changing quality file from Very High to High, even Normal, didn't affect much on POP noise...
How often do you get the pop noise while streaming?
I streaming 4-5 songs straight without getting pop noise.

May 7, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #2,287 of 13,478
And as soon as I place my order through ibasso, the DX220 is now on amazon.
Shipping from iBasso website with express shipping is pretty quick. I ordered it on Saturday and it'll be here tomorrow. Can't wait to play with the PEQ settings.

May 7, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #2,289 of 13,478
DMP-Z1 can run how many hours in the go ? Guess no picket is big enough so you eill put it in a back pack ?

May 7, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #2,290 of 13,478
DMP-Z1 can run how many hours in the go ? Guess no picket is big enough so you eill put it in a back pack ?
9 hours for high res. It is actually lighter than I thought it would be.
You can carry it around from room to room pretty easily, but hell no, I would never take it out of the house :) if I dropped it, I would have to commit seppuku on the spot.

Add: You could do a backpack pretty easily if you reaaaaalllllyyyy really wanted to take it out. I have the WM1A for those out of the house duties.
I bet Sony will have a backpack case for this. Would be pretty tight.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #2,293 of 13,478
Regarding the pop sound. Try rebooting if it still happens? My previous DAP with streaming capabilities was due that the background application is still running and interferes with the sound.

May 8, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #2,294 of 13,478
Is everyone at or past the 150-hour mark happy with the DX220, especially those using amp8? What other daps have you tried and what do you think the DX220 is doing well? Mine with a new amp8 as well lost its "grandiosity", it's more mellow, the soundstage is not bigger than it was at first, I think the ZX300 may have done imaging better, and perceived clarity is just ok. I'm not blown away like others claim to be and I've experienced some regression as well as stagnation with burn-in.

May 8, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #2,295 of 13,478
Is there a comparison post of the Ibasso amps that fit the DX 220? I have read a lot of talk on this thread about how nice the included amp is and what a shame it's not 4.4 balanced instead of 2.5. The number 8 amp is 4.4 balanced. How does the DX 220 with stock amp compare to it with amp 8?

By Schro Dinger
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ilable-fw-1-06.791531/page-1088#post-14410110

F2F02565-85B9-4CC5-9C1B-5C0185A6B083.png

And another

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ailable-fw-1-06.791531/page-912#post-14267370

74153E4A-2631-44FE-B89D-D49AA67154E9.png

DX200 with amp 8 is excellent, just what the DX200 needed

DX220 is quite satisfactory to my ears with the Amp 1 mk2, Amp 8 adds a little something, something.
Its a close call on the DX220.

Imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back