DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 8, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #2,311 of 13,478
AMP1 mk2 vs AMP 8

This is the question
I agree. That is the question. I re-terminated my IEM to balanced 4.4 mm a while ago in prep for amp 8. Now I need a lossless adapter to go from 4.4 balanced to 2.5 mm balanced for the AMP1 mk2? Adapters can never be lossless can they?

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #2,312 of 13,478
60080458_2432656450098722_5648168932415111168_n.jpg this sounds sublime even with a budget pair of earphones

May 8, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #2,318 of 13,478
APK Pure comes with stock firmware, just simply open it, download QoBuz, and there you go

apk pure told me there were 4 updates available but couldn't get any of them to update any ideas??

May 8, 2019 at 8:03 AM Post #2,319 of 13,478
Is everyone at or past the 150-hour mark happy with the DX220, especially those using amp8? What other daps have you tried and what do you think the DX220 is doing well? Mine with a new amp8 as well lost its "grandiosity", it's more mellow, the soundstage is not bigger than it was at first, I think the ZX300 may have done imaging better, and perceived clarity is just ok. I'm not blown away like others claim to be and I've experienced some regression as well as stagnation with burn-in.

You know it's interesting. In one post you manage to once again claim that the unit is not up to your expectations...again...and throw a subtle dis at everyone else who is a fan of the unit and AMP8. Your question of "what other daps have you tried and "what" (should be WHY) do you think the DX220 is doing well" is a subtle poke and insinuation that people haven't tried as many "good" DAP's as you have. You try to be clever about it but that cleverness falls short.

It's gotten to the point where you need to come to the reality that if 90% of the owners here are more than happy...and you are NOT...then perhaps the problem is you. Has that not crossed your mind or are you so caught up in your own grandiosity and uber select hearing that you are above such notions? I mean this has gone on for what...100 posts now, mostly with you letting everyone in the thread know that you feel the unit is inferior, that it's not up to your expectations, that you have had, heard, felt, touched, played with...lots of other DAP's that are soooo much better?

There are quite a number of us here who have actually A/B'd both the DX200 and the DX220 against AK, Sony and other manufacturers. Both at trade shows and at our homes. Yet, you keep tossing out these posts where maybe...maybe one or two new guys support your view, but the majority, and I mean VAST majority, ignore you or outright disagree with you.

If you feel that the DAP isn't up to your standards, then get rid of it. If a person keeps an item that they don't like, and yet everyone else does, then the onus is on the person...not the populace.

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #2,320 of 13,478
Dude, I don't care for you to explain my motives to me. Use the ignore function. You're not able to read my posts accurately or follow my train of thought, just move on. Not everyone is going to be happy and I'd like to gather as much information as I can to try to determine what's happening. When I reach a conclusion I leave threads and get rid of products. Take your personal problems elsewhere. You've A/B'd multiple daps against the DX220, how about you share your impressions with me, genius, as opposed to trying to play psychologist? In most threads the positive majority disagrees with negativity. Thread participants are self-selected, not representative. What else do you need explained to you?

By the way, I just read your signature. :D

Last edited:
May 8, 2019 at 8:23 AM Post #2,321 of 13,478
Dude, I don't care for you to explain my motives to me. Use the ignore function. You're not able to read my posts accurately or follow my train of thought, just move on. Not everyone is going to be happy and I'd like to gather as much information as I can to try to determine what's happening. When I reach a conclusion I leave threads and get rid of products. Take your personal problems elsewhere. You've A/B'd multiple daps against the DX220, how about you share your impressions with me, genius, as opposed to trying to play psychologist? In most threads the positive majority disagrees with negativity. Thread participants are self-selected, not representative. What else do you need explained to you?

Hit a nerve eh? Believe me, I don't need anything "explained" by you. You think I cannot read your posts accurately? LOL really? There's not being happy, and then there's you. My personal problems? How does that even make sense? I've posted in the DX200 my thoughts on how the unit compared to other premium DAP's and I've done the same here right after we showed it for the first time at AXPONA. But again, that's not good enough for you right? I'm not playing psychologist, I'm merely stating the obvious with regard to your posts, and your statement says it all, "In most threads the positive majority disagrees with negativity".

Who's the "positive majority" here and who's the "negativity"?

May 8, 2019 at 8:33 AM Post #2,324 of 13,478
You didn't. This is my last acknowledgement of you.

Just to be sure, have you upgraded to 1.0.9 firmware yet? What are your impressions with current DX220 so far?

May 8, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #2,325 of 13,478
@rutter You are welcome to your opinions about any bit of audio kit, its your opinion though, why not write a review and express these within it.

If somebody is constantly writing bad things about something two main things may happen.

1. It will put new buyers off purchasing something that to their ears may well be the "best thing ever", a kind of audio perfection, if that's possible on Head-Fi. :)
2. People that already own an item and think its great may start to doubt their own ears and opinion.

The problem is the human mind is very subjective and plays tricks on us. An example, the coffee in the machines here at work started tasting awful and I was convinced it had been switched to a cheaper brand, it just got worse and worse until I saw the machine being filled with the beans and they were the same as they always were. Suddenly the coffee was back to normal again.

Rutter, please don't convince everybody that the DX220 is "bad beans".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back