DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 7, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #2,266 of 13,478
Prices have gone mad. The sp1000 is still about £3000 new so I dread the think the price of the sp2000. I'll be getting the dx220 anyhow

May 7, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #2,269 of 13,478
Prices have gone mad. The sp1000 is still about £3000 new so I dread the think the price of the sp2000. I'll be getting the dx220 anyhow
Exactly I can see the Sp2000 being double the price. Prices are insane and people complain over what iBasso is providing in DX220 for @$900 USD. I just don't get it.

May 7, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #2,270 of 13,478
If quad ES9038 pros have been built in SP2K the price will beat maybe almost 10K compared to Sony flagship DMP-Z1. :wink:
Lol!
You will be surprised by what components are inside those 3K devices

I am speaking for the facts here. The Sony WM1A is cheap for it price, WM1Z is worth the price, and the DMP-Z1 while is very expensive....it is also worth it for the price.

Those Film-polymers capacitors for each and every capacitors and everywhere inside the Design is like almost impossible to pull off at the moment. The Fine Sound resistors for every resistors. The thick, big, bold PCB traces, the multi-layer of glass epoxy....the Silver-Gold solder joints. It is no jokes.

I don’t think A&K can build something at such caliber. I would bet on that A&K this time would rather compete Brand, performance, products, services rather than taking Sony DMP-Z1 head-on in Build and Engineering aspects.

I will have to repeat that for whatever I have known and gained by far....to build something like DMP-Z1 is ....almost impossible for this moment, and at this time. The only way for it to be feasible is to have a very crazily talented Engineering team with designs to selectively choose/pick those components, and a company that is financially solid and is Respectable enough to even allow custom engineering for parts and specs that is not widely and commercially produced....like Sony.

Anyways, we are too far off....back onto the dx220. For the price, the build and the components inside dx220 is not much different than those of $3k and above :D.

May 7, 2019 at 1:26 PM Post #2,271 of 13,478
The ibasso is a bargain. There's not many of those in this hobby

May 7, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #2,272 of 13,478
Lol!

You will be surprised by what components are inside those 3K devices

I am speaking for the facts here. The Sony WM1A is cheap for it price, WM1Z is worth the price, and the DMP-Z1 while is very expensive....it is also worth it for the price.

Those Film-polymers capacitors for each and every capacitors and everywhere inside the Design is like almost impossible to pull off at the moment. The Fine Sound resistors for every resistors. The thick, big, bold PCB traces, the multi-layer of glass epoxy....the Silver-Gold solder joints. It is no jokes.

I don’t think A&K can build something at such caliber. I would bet on that A&K this time would rather compete Brand, performance, products, services rather than taking Sony DMP-Z1 head-on in Build and Engineering aspects.

I will have to repeat that for whatever I have known and gained by far....to build something like DMP-Z1 is ....almost impossible for this moment, and at this time. The only way for it to be feasible is to have a very crazily talented Engineering team with designs to selectively choose/pick those components, and a company that is financially solid and is Respectable enough to even allow custom engineering for parts and specs that is not widely and commercially produced....like Sony.

Anyways, we are too far off....back onto the dx220. For the price, the build and the components inside dx220 is not much different than those of $3k and above :D.
I agree with you on those points. How do you think the n8 does with price to components ratio?

May 7, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #2,274 of 13,478
Most other DAP makers have 1 micro sd card slot, so it's fine if we have just 1 as well.
What an odd reasoning for a business. I would say -all the more reason to offer 2 slots!-.
Why hide behind this argument? Solve the technical issue!
I am happily using 2 x 400 gb cards in my Pioneer XDP-100r without any problem.
True, the cards will have a greater capacity in the future. But user's libraries will also grow because of the increasing popularity of HiRes audio.

How about others on this forum? Can everybody manage with just one card slot?

I had that Pioneer for a short while, sent it back because the sound was no match for the Kann. And speaking of the Kann, I bought it precisely because of it's storage capacity, the same for the DX120, and a DX80. I own the ibasso daps because the sound for dollar value just can't be topped. So, ya, I don't get why so many are coming with less storage capacity. it's an annoyance to deal with and the 1tb cards are very pricey still or like the micro version, not yet available.

May 7, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #2,275 of 13,478
I had that Pioneer for a short while, sent it back because the sound was no match for the Kann. And speaking of the Kann, I bought it precisely because of it's storage capacity, the same for the DX120, and a DX80. I own the ibasso daps because the sound for dollar value just can't be topped. So, ya, I don't get why so many are coming with less storage capacity. it's an annoyance to deal with and the 1tb cards are very pricey still or like the micro version, not yet available.
Kann, you like the sound ? Think its below average.

May 7, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #2,276 of 13,478
May 7, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #2,278 of 13,478
May 7, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #2,279 of 13,478
60184105_2431752986855735_462648933617762304_o.jpg tonight I am listening to mostly fugazi

May 7, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #2,280 of 13,478
So, using IPad Pro, streaming my Netflix and then

Bluetooth as DAC/Amp toward dx220

I have the display saying 44.1Khz.....Netflix with HD audio ? Kakaka

It reminds myself why I love the Dx200, and now Dx220

Steps to turn on

1/ Turn on Bluetooth from Host devices, for example IPad Pro

2/ Turn on Dx220 Bluetooth DAC/Amp

3/ Turn on Dx220 Bluetooth

4/ Select the first “Bluetooth” and tap to connect to your Host device, like IPad Pro ?

Enjoy!!

DCCEF9A0-13F3-4C5F-A0FF-E5054C0EB55F.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back