DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 20, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #11,131 of 13,478
seriously, I don't get why posting every day tens of messages against a product that evidently is not satisfactory...which is perfectly fine...not everybody has to be satisfied, despite having one of the top Dap in the world.
the problem is that you do not take the further step - not a single action, but complaining in the thread: not selling it, not returning it, not asking for a fix of the issues under warranty...
you look like the perfect troll, just here to write bad things about a product, but unable to get rid of it...
a curious psychological behaviour, unless there is a purpose behind that...

I am not the only one complaining about the battery life, it seems like half of the people tell they don't get the advertised battery life.
And if you read I said I can't return it. It is not like I could get my $979 back if I want but I am still insisting. I will probably end up selling it.

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #11,132 of 13,478
Hi

I want to upgrade my FiiO X7ii, so naturally am considering the DX220, having owned a DX200 in the past. I've read a lot about it having a relatively short battery life, especially when using the higher-powered amp modules. There is even a small thread here on the subject.

My question is if using the standard AMP1ii with relatively easy to drive IEM's and headphones playing various resolution FLAC files, what battery life can I look forward to?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Darren
I've never had any problem with the battery life. I've never had my headphones on my head for 5 or 6 hours straight.

Feb 20, 2020 at 3:59 PM Post #11,133 of 13,478
I am not the only one complaining about the battery life, it seems like half of the people tell they don't get the advertised battery life.
And if you read I said I can't return it. It is not like I could get my $979 back if I want but I am still insisting. I will probably end up selling it.
it's not only the battery, it's the sound and everything, to the point of saying that a smartphone is better...

I don't think either that mine lasts 9 hours, my experience says it could last less, but I never got the opportunity to leave it on for 5-6-7 hours in a raw...so I cannot really tell
that's why I read these posts yawning, I really don't care - never happened in my life to listen to music for 8 hours in a raw without getting a charger in between and saying: this product is lousy because doesn't last 7 hours!...what's that? an endurance challenge? never happens to work sometimes, or studying or whatever?

Feb 20, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #11,135 of 13,478
The most reasonable explanation is, battery life of the DX220 differ across the units. And the quality control is not tight enough to prevent this.
Maybe there is unit variance between the produced batteries
Or batteries are the same but other factors of the devices differ and it causes battery life variance. It is possible that two DX220 units have identical batteries but they consume different amounts of power so one's battery life is shorter than the other.

Feb 20, 2020 at 4:42 PM Post #11,136 of 13,478
Sighh, There are only 2 choices for me, but for now I will take sometimes off this thread. This is getting irritating seeing this attitude

- oh my unit is defective
- it is Ibasso faults
- I can’t return it because I bought from U.N. known and not reputable store...
- I will post on the forums but will ignore everyone advises
- I will keep on blaming Ibasso but without my side of responsibilities. I refuse to do anything but I will stay here and keep posting negatives post

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #11,137 of 13,478
What a genius idea sir! But I bought my DX220 from a audio store and they don't allow returns of audio players. And this discussion is not about returning DX220 in 15 days or not. Please stay on the topic.

How “they don’t allow returns” ? Did you buy it in Europe? You’re protected by a 15 day return with “no questions asked”.
I’ve said this soooo maaaaaaany times, my DX229 battery lasts between 6 and 8 hours easily playing random flac 44 and hires tracks. I’m picking it today after taking 2 flights last week of almost two hours each, didn’t even care about battery, it’s at 57%. I don’t question others honesty with their experiences, I believe iBasso did have some QC problems, but agree with @Whitigir , iBasso will never let you down and will fix it for sure

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #11,139 of 13,478
Every company has QC issues... there are manufacturing “Tolerances” and that is why there is Warranty

If everyone was getting the 8-9 hours of battery life and it was only me getting less, that would mean DX220 doesn't have problems in this area and the problem is just about me or my unit.
But so many people report significantly shorter life and that's the weird part that needs an explanation

Check these. Over twenty people claim 4-5 hours or even worse battery life
https://www.head-fi.org/search/164552/?q=battery+life&t=post&c[thread]=898388&o=relevance
https://www.head-fi.org/search/164552/?page=2&q=battery+life&t=post&c[thread]=898388&o=relevance

Feb 20, 2020 at 11:06 PM Post #11,142 of 13,478

DX220 (UAPP) - NX4DSD - Elear...

Stuck with this pairing for the past 2 weeks...

If I may add for improvement in MANGO OS, is the stability for OTG via USB to DAC/AMP... although everything working great using Android OS (UAPP). so is it a big deal ??? nah...

Battery lifetime issued... #walkaway #backEnjoyThePairing...

Feb 21, 2020 at 2:53 PM Post #11,145 of 13,478
It's an irony while I am having the best time of my life listening to sweet sound of dx229 after hard days work, someone holding the same device is miserably unhappy.
The happiness doesn't come cheap, bro. You gotta take the risk and invest more in mod. :) You either find what you really wanted in sound and be happy or
be even more miserable wasting more money the "crap' you are now holding...but I'd say it's still better than just being miserable as is....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back