DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 3, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #9,887 of 13,478
I placed an order for AMP7, I can hardly wait for it to arrive. By the way, has anyone heard of Fiio FH7 with dx220?

Jan 3, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #9,888 of 13,478
help, it does not update me.

I'm not much of Android but I think it complains it can't install that package "over a newer build". So the installed version is newest than the one you're trying to install
My 2 cents

Jan 3, 2020 at 11:41 AM Post #9,889 of 13,478
After a ton of reading, research, more reading, additional reading, all the reading, and a tiny bit of soul-searching, my next-tier (for me) IEMs arrive this weekend! In the end I opted to go with iBasso's own IT04 for the following reasons:
  1. Paul and team won me some significant brand loyalty with the Amp8EX Fan Edition move (seriously one of the coolest things I have seen any company do in recent years)
  2. The IT04s are pretty highly regarded in general at that price point
  3. Santa brought me a gift card to offset the already reasonable cost (thanks, big guy!)
  4. I have caught the damn bug and expect this to be one of many headphone purchases in the next few years, so risk is low and future is bright (for my ears, if not my wallet)
In truth, I bought the DX220 first for Bluetooth and its ability to unfold MQA, and second as a portable player. Looking very forward to finally seeing what all the fuss is about with that second thing here in the new year.

Jan 3, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #9,892 of 13,478
Has anyone heard of Fiio FH7 with dx220?

Jan 3, 2020 at 3:55 PM Post #9,893 of 13,478
hello people.

Just popped in to read up about dx220. as i am really looking to buy one as soon as i sell my Sony wm1a. would like to keep both but unfortunately cannot afford that luxury at the moment without an outbreak of domestic violance towards me as my baby is due in few months.

i was thinking of getting amp 8 as i have the 4.4mm cables and i also like what read about the amp. could anyone who has both compare dx228 vs wm1a quickly?

Jan 4, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #9,896 of 13,478
I was going to purchase the DX220 but spotted a thread on here where people were saying they were only getting 4 to 5 hours battery life. Can anyone shed some light on this?

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ibasso-dx220-battery-life-issues.910525/
It is indeed accurate for my usage - about 5 hours. Others have reported similar results to me and there have also been folks reporting 8 hours as well. From what I recall reading (even just in the last few pages of posts) the longer battery life is most likely associated with much lower listening levels, lower gain settings, and easier to drive iem's/etc. Here is a link to an earlier post I made regarding the power consumption of the ES9028PRO DACs in the DX220: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ilable-and-dc01.898388/page-511#post-15142251

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 4, 2020 at 2:39 AM Post #9,898 of 13,478
Thanks for the reply. I think the battery life or lack thereof is a complete deal breaker for me. How did iBasso not find this out during the DX220's development?
It may not be the right device for those needing long battery life. My listening sessions are usually 1 - 2 hours and I don't think I have ever listened longer than 3 hours at once so the 5 hour total is fine with me.

Hopefully those reporting longer battery life will share their specifics so you can get an idea if it will fit into your usage or not.

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 4, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #9,899 of 13,478
Paul,

If you could make a DAP that sounds like the DX220 but doesn’t have a battery sucking screen, and maybe even doesn’t have Android, but great battery life and smooth UI I’d be all over it.

Jan 4, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #9,900 of 13,478
No, the Dx220 does not ONLY has 4-5 hours playback battery.

I and many others have been trying to tell this to every other people but it seems that people don’t care enough. Either that or someone just love and or were paid to ruin other companies reputations.

If you use Ibasso DX220 and do it by what I do, you get 7-8 hours easily.

1/ Mango Os
2/ Minimal screen usage
3/ FLAC and WAV ...I don’t have mp3
4/ Screen brightness to be at the lowest

If you use Dx220 by the meaning of draining it battery then of course it will go down. I still can not make it to go down to 4-5 hours playback. These following will cut the playback time to be much lower

1/ DSD256 to DSD512 would bring it down to 5-6 hours. Feel free to find me another DAP that can do this for this long

2/ Android OS

3/ WiFi on

4/ Bluetooth on

5/ Screen on constantly without sleeping time

6/ Brightness to the Max

Beside that Dx220 has Quick Charge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back