DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 23, 2019 at 6:15 AM Post #7,651 of 13,478
Hi. Does anyone know/ @Paul - iBasso if there are any plans to imporve the bluettoth capability? Outside its absolutely awful. Tried with three seperate bluetooth headphones all of which connect/disconnected and sound dropped every minute. Inside and in car its absolutely fine. Although I generally prefer wired with the Mago OS player reather than the android app, its still a good option to have - especially at the price.

Aug 23, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #7,652 of 13,478
I have passed this on to our software guys and will see what they can do. It has been discussed before but I am bringing it up again to them. We will do what we can and I am not trying to make an excuse but we are swamped right now but will try and get to everything. We really to want to decrease stress so you, so everyone can just enjoy the music. Really.
The bit perfect audio really works on streaming services. But the equalizer apps don't work with any of streaming services. That you must consider to fix? Why you have android 8 when you can't use any eq on apps like Spotify ? . And not only this battery life is like the acoustic research ar m2 before 5 years. 4 hours battery life. Really now? but now we have 2019.
Sold :frowning2:

Aug 23, 2019 at 8:47 AM Post #7,653 of 13,478
The bit perfect audio really works on streaming services. But the equalizer apps don't work with any of streaming services. That you must consider to fix? Why you have android 8 when you can't use any eq on apps like Spotify ? . And not only this battery life is like the acoustic research ar m2 before 5 years. 4 hours battery life. Really now? but now we have 2019.

Bye.

Aug 23, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #7,654 of 13,478

If you find the need to equalize your music to the point where a device this strong doesn’t suit you. Sell it.

Android 8 works just fine on my device. If it doesn’t work on your device...sell it.

The “acoustic research “ you bring up doesn’t sound anywhere near as good as this device. If you prefer battery over performance...sell it.

That about sums it up.

Aug 23, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #7,655 of 13,478
If you find the need to equalize your music to the point where a device this strong doesn’t suit you. Sell it.

Android 8 works just fine on my device. If it doesn’t work on your device...sell it.

The “acoustic research “ you bring up doesn’t sound anywhere near as good as this device. If you prefer battery over performance...sell it.

That about sums it up.
Amen there brother :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:!

For me - as long as I have sufficient battery life to cover my longest listening session untethered I am golden. So the ~5 hours covers at least 2 or 3 sessions for me before needing to be recharged and that only takes 2 1/2 hours via a QC/PD capable charger. Hopefully folks keep in mind that the Dual ES9028PRO DACs can consume 500mW each (per the ESS datasheet @ 192 kHz sampling and 100 MHz MCLK (MCLK = master clock)) and are the heart and soul of the DX220.

Anyways, happy listening...

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #7,656 of 13,478
Hi. Does anyone know/ @Paul - iBasso if there are any plans to imporve the bluettoth capability? Outside its absolutely awful. Tried with three seperate bluetooth headphones all of which connect/disconnected and sound dropped every minute. Inside and in car its absolutely fine. Although I generally prefer wired with the Mago OS player reather than the android app, its still a good option to have - especially at the price.
What distance are you using it? Are you carrying the DX220 in a pocket and using BT monitors or leaving the DX220 somewhere and walking around?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #7,657 of 13,478
Amen there brother :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:!

For me - as long as I have sufficient battery life to cover my longest listening session untethered I am golden. So the ~5 hours covers at least 2 or 3 sessions for me before needing to be recharged and that only takes 2 1/2 hours via a QC/PD capable charger. Hopefully folks keep in mind that the Dual ES9028PRO DACs can consume 500mA each (per the ESS datasheet @ 192 kHz sampling and 100 MHz MCLK (MCLK = master clock)) and are the heart and soul of the DX220.

Anyways, happy listening...

Cheers,
Tim

That about sums it up.
Yes OK I know my player is the best in the world and yours is not. Is this portable or for home use only. Use high gain, let wifi on, screen on, use 32 ohms at least, and stream Spotify any see battery how fast can be drained.
And after this equalizer like eqfy, noozxoide, Re equalizer don't works on any streaming service like Spotify, Tidal, soundcloud etc.
Now they release a new firmware for a new tube weak amp 9 only to make money and they can't fix the battery issues, unstable firmware, or the firmware to for the app equalizers that don't work on streaming services? Aand this is no issue.
Ridiculous.

Ridiculous.

I want to hear I basso what haves to say about my complains about the new ridiculous firmware.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #7,658 of 13,478
What distance are you using it? Are you carrying the DX220 in a pocket and using BT monitors or leaving the DX220 somewhere and walking around?

Hi. I usualluly hold the DX220 and have been using Sony XF1000mx3 and Cambridge audio melomania 1 Bluetooth headphones. Distance is from my hands to my ears. Indoors there is no problem but as soon as i walk out the door it becomes unlistenable. Both earphones work fine via Bluetooth with my mobile phone.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #7,659 of 13,478
Hi. I usualluly hold the DX220 and have been using Sony XF1000mx3 and Cambridge audio melomania 1 Bluetooth headphones. Distance is from my hands to my ears. Indoors there is no problem but as soon as i walk out the door it becomes unlistenable. Both earphones work fine via Bluetooth with my mobile phone.

Interesting, I normalluly keep the 220 in my pocket (grin).

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #7,660 of 13,478
If you are using the Sony my guess is you are connected via LDAC. It may be the highest sampling rate but I find it the most unstable codec. Try aptxhd,apt x. Mind you,on my device I have no idea how you alter the codec as developer options are not on my settings menu. Apt x is excellent,Bluetooth has come a long long way.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:39 PM Post #7,661 of 13,478
If you are using the Sony my guess is you are connected via LDAC. It may be the highest sampling rate but I find it the most unstable codec. Try aptxhd,apt x. Mind you,on my device I have no idea how you alter the codec as developer options are not on my settings menu. Apt x is excellent,Bluetooth has come a long long way.

Thanks. I've got onto developer settings and changed from default to Aptx so will see if they makes a difference.

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:55 PM Post #7,662 of 13,478
Worth a try. I often use Sony headphones paired with a fiio when walking my dogs. On several occasions I have selected LDAC highest quality only for the signal to break up. Lowering the quality of LDAC means you might as well revert to apt x..which is now what I always select. And the signal is stable. It may not work,it does for me. Wish you luck, I find Bluetooth really useful and would miss it if my device didn’t give me this facility.

Aug 23, 2019 at 11:14 PM Post #7,663 of 13,478
Yes OK I know my player is the best in the world and yours is not. Is this portable or for home use only. Use high gain, let wifi on, screen on, use 32 ohms at least, and stream Spotify any see battery how fast can be drained.
And after this equalizer like eqfy, noozxoide, Re equalizer don't works on any streaming service like Spotify, Tidal, soundcloud etc.
Now they release a new firmware for a new tube weak amp 9 only to make money and they can't fix the battery issues, unstable firmware, or the firmware to for the app equalizers that don't work on streaming services? Aand this is no issue.
Ridiculous.

Ridiculous.

I want to hear I basso what haves to say about my complains about the new ridiculous firmware.

AMP9 is sublime.
:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 24, 2019 at 2:58 AM Post #7,665 of 13,478
Well, you do have a point there. However, you know the old saying "you can catch a lot more bears with a pot of honey then a pot of shi*" - if folks come in asking for help in a constructive, respectful manner they might not encounter reactions/responses like those above. I would imagine that most enthusiast/supporters/fanboys/fangirls/etc of the DX220 will instinctively defend it - it's human nature.

Plus, there is the other thread that is focused on DX220 software requests where some of these issues/fixes should be reported or requested - here is the link to that thread for convenience: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/

Looking forward to the next FW drop - hopefully sooner than later.

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back