DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 4, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #9,901 of 13,478
No, the Dx220 does not ONLY has 4-5 hours playback battery.

I and many others have been trying to tell this to every other people but it seems that people don’t care enough. Either that or someone just love and or were paid to ruin other companies reputations.

If you use Ibasso DX220 and do it by what I do, you get 7-8 hours easily.

1/ Mango Os
2/ Minimal screen usage
3/ FLAC and WAV ...I don’t have mp3
4/ Screen brightness to be at the lowest

If you use Dx220 by the meaning of draining it battery then of course it will go down. I still can not make it to go down to 4-5 hours playback. These following will cut the playback time to be much lower

1/ DSD256 to DSD512 would bring it down to 5-6 hours. Feel free to find me another DAP that can do this for this long

2/ Android OS

3/ WiFi on

4/ Bluetooth on

5/ Screen on constantly without sleeping time

6/ Brightness to the Max

Beside that Dx220 has Quick Charge.

Adding to the point, change display to 720p to save battery. I dont see many DAPs with 1080p.

Jan 4, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #9,902 of 13,478
Adding to the point, change display to 720p to save battery. I dont see many DAPs with 1080p.
I still have yet to touch that feature, and still is 7-8 hours constantly LOL

I am driving HD800S full-size with Amp8EX, the most powerful / performance Amp module out there !!!

Jan 4, 2020 at 3:57 AM Post #9,903 of 13,478
I still have yet to touch that feature, and still is 7-8 hours constantly LOL

I am driving HD800S full-size with Amp8EX, the most powerful / performance Amp module out there !!!
I just plugged in my Arya to this new AMP8ExFE, not bad at all! I like what I'm hearing, these are hard to drive headphones, but at 135-140 high gain they are long enough and does retain a lot of dynamics.

Jan 4, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #9,904 of 13,478
No, the Dx220 does not ONLY has 4-5 hours playback battery.

I and many others have been trying to tell this to every other people but it seems that people don’t care enough. Either that or someone just love and or were paid to ruin other companies reputations.

If you use Ibasso DX220 and do it by what I do, you get 7-8 hours easily.

1/ Mango Os
2/ Minimal screen usage
3/ FLAC and WAV ...I don’t have mp3
4/ Screen brightness to be at the lowest

If you use Dx220 by the meaning of draining it battery then of course it will go down. I still can not make it to go down to 4-5 hours playback. These following will cut the playback time to be much lower

1/ DSD256 to DSD512 would bring it down to 5-6 hours. Feel free to find me another DAP that can do this for this long

2/ Android OS

3/ WiFi on

4/ Bluetooth on

5/ Screen on constantly without sleeping time

6/ Brightness to the Max

Beside that Dx220 has Quick Charge.
I should be the only one who has just 5 hours in mango mode, high gain, volume like 40 and just playback without touch anything. FLAC files and that’s all, I don’t understand how you do it

Jan 4, 2020 at 4:49 AM Post #9,906 of 13,478
I'm alternating between mango os & android. Both os i'm on high gain. On android no wifi/bluetooth are turned on. Screen to the min brightness. I don't use much screen time. I use mango player n spotify offline. There's very little background processes running cause i won't load in all sorts of random apps onto android. With those on flac/mp3 i got around 7~8hrs with mango player. With spotify offline it goes over 8hrs.
Do note i'm currently burning in ampex-fe & solaris se. I start the day with 100% batt at around 7am. Music playing whether im listening or not till around 3~4pm. By this time yes i will need to charge my dx220. :beerchug:

Jan 4, 2020 at 5:00 AM Post #9,907 of 13,478
That is not normal.

A normal Dx220 and Amp8 should always bring 7-8 hours if not more, period.
I’m using this schema and again, always from home to work and viceversa there is like 1 your travel. I always have for 4 times playback so more or less 4 hours... as far as i see the unit it’s not faulty so I don’t know where is the issue because I tried everything, really and always have this amount of hours

Jan 4, 2020 at 5:22 AM Post #9,908 of 13,478
I’m using this schema and again, always from home to work and viceversa there is like 1 your travel. I always have for 4 times playback so more or less 4 hours... as far as i see the unit it’s not faulty so I don’t know where is the issue because I tried everything, really and always have this amount of hours
Again, your unit is not acting normal. You either need a battery or a warranty performed on it or whatever. I would try and replace the battery if I were you.
There is a reason why you have a warranty, and why I + others do love Ibasso so much. It is the customer services. I would Email Paul and see what he has to say.

Also, allow me to remind everyone who is freshly joined the family: there are 15 days satisfaction guaranteed period if you purchased the Dx220 from Ibasso directly. If you don’t like it for whatever reason, you can return it.

The Dx220 with Mango OS and minimal screen usage shall Normally have about 7-8 hours easily

Jan 4, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #9,910 of 13,478
Again, your unit is not acting normal. You either need a battery or a warranty performed on it or whatever. I would try and replace the battery if I were you.
There is a reason why you have a warranty, and why I + others do love Ibasso so much. It is the customer services. I would Email Paul and see what he has to say.

Also, allow me to remind everyone who is freshly joined the family: there are 15 days satisfaction guaranteed period if you purchased the Dx220 from Ibasso directly. If you don’t like it for whatever reason, you can return it.

The Dx220 with Mango OS and minimal screen usage shall Normally have about 7-8 hours easily
Can you try something for me? Go to Android mode and install Device Info in order to see your battery details. Maybe my unit comes with the less battery design. As far as I see it says that its 4.400 mAh and I know that its the factory number design. The voltage its always like ~3.850mV, maybe its there the problem, the voltage...

Battery
--------------------------------------------------------
Health : Good
Level : 66%
Power Source : Battery
Technology : Li-ion
Temperature : 0 ℃
Voltage : 3870 mV
Capacity : 4400 mAh

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 5:44 AM Post #9,911 of 13,478
I have all the songs in the bottle, I read that DSDs are better but honestly I can't hear this better difference. Has anyone noticed a difference between FLAC and DSD files by ear? Thank you
I would imagine everyone has. So far everyone who I or my brother asked to take a listen to redbook flac and dsd have heard the difference and would prefer it till they find out what it is. How else would one notice a difference other than hearing it?

Jan 4, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #9,914 of 13,478
Ho tutte le canzoni in bottiglia, ho letto che i DSD sono migliori ma onestamente non riesco a sentire questa differenza migliore. Qualcuno ha notato una differenza tra i file FLAC e DSD a orecchio? Grazie
[QUOTE = "lantian, post: 15397223, membro: 465490"] Immagino che tutti abbiano. Finora tutti quelli a cui io o mio fratello abbiamo chiesto di ascoltare un libro rosso flac e dsd hanno sentito la differenza e la preferirebbero fino a quando non scopriranno di cosa si tratta. In quale altro modo si noterebbe una differenza oltre a sentirla? [/ QUOTE]
So if I convert them to WAV is it better?

Jan 4, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #9,915 of 13,478
DSD topic...

It really depends on the music genre. IMHO,
listening to orchestra, jazz, live music will be beneficial in DSD, since the separation will be noticed.

edit : dont forget the master recording, because if the master sucks.. hahaha.. convert to DSD will only amplify that... again IMHO

But if your music is fast beat, dance, EDM etc, don't bother to convert them, even in spotify high res, will be sufficient enough... IMHO...

edit 2:
when you have good record master... and compare to DSD version, Separation will be the highlight, but doesn't mean good separation is good song for you to hear...
best recording master, IMO, Aja Album, almost all Radiohead album, Coldplay album etc..
hehehe.. this album, only flac 16 bit, but if really good to benchmark male vocal.
20190917_202739.jpg
I don't understand his language, but his got unique Male voice...

again IMO...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back