DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jan 4, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #9,931 of 13,478
So it didn't just happen to me?
after I found it off and I connected to the power, nothing did not turn on ...... I was afraid that it had broken, then after a 10 minute break I hung up and then it turned on, so is it normal?

Jan 4, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #9,933 of 13,478
So it didn't just happen to me?
after I found it off and I connected to the power, nothing did not turn on ...... I was afraid that it had broken, then after a 10 minute break I hung up and then it turned on, so is it normal?
Well, I have had this happen as well - if you let it run all the way to 0% it will shut off automatically at a voltage level that protects the battery from damage. After the power is off for some period of time the battery voltage will recover enough to start the DX220 back up. Just the other day mine went from 2% while listening to off - went to bed and the next morning it powered up at 3% - then I charged it back to full in just under 2 hours.

Paul has previously advised that there is no benefit in letting the battery cycle all the way down to empty and, if memory serves me correctly, suggested recharging once you get down to 15% or so.

Anyways, to me it does not sound like there is any issue with your DX220.

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 4, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #9,934 of 13,478
I am trying as you suggested, but nothing happens, it no longer loads
Sometimes DX220 may hang showing black screen. So, make sure it is really turned off: disconnect from a charger, press Power button, hold it for 15 seconds, then release. Then try to connect to a charger and keep on the charger at least for several minutes.

Jan 4, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #9,935 of 13,478
I was convinced that I had turned it off but I was wrong, I found it very hot and it didn't turn on, connected to the power socket it didn't even turn on after several attempts it recovered.
Did I damage the battery going down to 0?

Jan 4, 2020 at 2:36 PM Post #9,936 of 13,478
I was convinced that I had turned it off but I was wrong, I found it very hot and it didn't turn on, connected to the power socket it didn't even turn on after several attempts it recovered.
Did I damage the battery going down to 0?
Short answer - no you did not damage the battery by running to 0%. Maybe my explanation above was confusing...

Cheers,
Tim

Jan 4, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #9,938 of 13,478
It never happened to me. But I never let *any* device exhaust battery life, hardly under 15% much less near 0, that’s a battery killer
Then, many chargers refuse to inject charge to a dead battery, bellow a certain threshold it thinks “there is no battery there for me to charge”
I don’t know if it’s the case or DX220 but I would try some older dumb charger or using a PC which AFAIR some used to recover from same situations

Jan 4, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #9,940 of 13,478
I solved the problem, I practically left the device disconnected from charging for a few hours, after which I connected it and started charging, thank goodness, I was already thinking about assistance ...
hello, same situation as mine today, I was thinking of assistance !!!! finally left him disconnected from the current then hung up and resumed charging the battery

Jan 4, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #9,941 of 13,478
hello, same situation as mine today, I was thinking of assistance !!!! finally left him disconnected from the current then hung up and resumed charging the battery
Then it's a problem with the DX220. You don't have to let the battery drop to zero. However I know that even with smartphones it is always better not to drop the battery below 15%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back