DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 14, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #8,671 of 13,478
Guys, im looking for a very good quick charger, I don't care if its a little bit expensive, I need some kind of quality and of course, this is something that you need to pay for it, so go ahead for the recommendations

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #8,672 of 13,478
Guys, im looking for a very good quick charger, I don't care if its a little bit expensive, I need some kind of quality and of course, this is something that you need to pay for it, so go ahead for the recommendations
I have the Anker PowerPort II and can say it does a great job not only with my DX220 but many other devices. I posted the charging rate testing I did in this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx2...ilable-and-dc01.898388/page-575#post-15240224

It's only about $30 depending on where you buy it. Their PIQ is equivalent to the QC protocol and it also has PD charging as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #8,673 of 13,478
That was from about 2% battery remaining. I did some testing on charging rates using a Power-Z KT001 USB Power Meter and an Anker PowerPort II PD (A2321 model number) to see what I would get. Tested with Power On & Off, Screen On & Off, and both Mango Mode & Android Mode. Here is a summary table of my results:

My conclusions from this:
1) Using USB A/QC (Anker PIQ) it doesn't make a difference if the screen is off or on and with the DX220 off the charge rate is slightly lower but then again there is no power consumption by the DX220.
2) With USB C/PD the DX220 charges at an appreciably higher rate when turned on and with the screen on it does even higher - most likely to counter the power used by the display. Slighty higher rate in Android Mode.
3) Since I spend most of my time in Mango Mode I decided to just charge from there with my DX220 on but not listening to any music.
4) If memory serves me correctly I got about 75% charge within the first hour.

Hope folks find this useful.

Like others have said - your mileage may vary...

Cheers,
Tim
I notice various prices on the meter you use. Did you purchase from Amazon?

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:40 PM Post #8,675 of 13,478
Yes sir - was about $50 and shipped very quickly. It's a pretty impressive power meter for sure...

Cheers,
Tim
Do you have a link? I am not finding it by that name except for 2 that are almost 3X the price and not shipped from Amazon. thanks.

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #8,676 of 13,478
Do you have a link? I am not finding it by that name except for 2 that are almost 3X the price and not shipped from Amazon. thanks.
Well I'll be dipped - I just bought it back on August 19 but it looks like they are out of stock. The Chargerlab website still lists Amazon as the place to buy but says "coming soon" currently.

I did find it available here as well: https://www.fasttech.com/product/9641361-chargerlab-power-z-usb-pd-tester-mfi

Or you could go with eBay as well.

Cheers,
Tim

P.S. Mine was shipped from China but still arrived in less than 2 weeks from ordering!

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #8,677 of 13,478
Well I'll be dipped - I just bought it back on August 19 but it looks like they are out of stock. The Chargerlab website still lists Amazon as the place to buy but says "coming soon" currently.

I did find it available here as well: https://www.fasttech.com/product/9641361-chargerlab-power-z-usb-pd-tester-mfi

Or you could go with eBay as well.

Cheers,
Tim

P.S. Mine was shipped from China but still arrived in less than 2 weeks from ordering!
Is this the same thing?

https://www.amazon.com/Power-z-Volt...argerLAB+POWER-Z+USB+PD&qid=1571076162&sr=8-3

Oct 14, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #8,678 of 13,478
Last edited:
Oct 15, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #8,679 of 13,478
I use this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BF3OZ9W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I didn't buy it specifically for the DX220, but because it supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0. I use it for several devices and it works with my DX220 just fine. Hope that helps...

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #8,682 of 13,478
New owner of the DX220ex with stock amp8 driving Westone ES60 with Dita Oslo cable. This is a pretty special player. As a previous AK380 owner, the DX220 beats it in pretty much every department. Uber detail and very dynamic. The imaging and soundstage are both very accurate. Only complaint is the constant waterfall hiss with ES60, but the AK380 also had it. It's what it is, they can't make a player that accommodates every sensitivity level on the market. It's not a variable hiss which would drive me crazy.

I'm not sure how the stock DX220 is. Now I'm debating whether I should get an AMP8ex.

DX220 ex.jpg

Oct 15, 2019 at 2:37 AM Post #8,683 of 13,478
New owner of the DX220ex with stock amp8 driving Westone ES60 with Dita Oslo cable. This is a pretty special player. As a previous AK380 owner, the DX220 beats it in pretty much every department. Uber detail and very dynamic. The imaging and soundstage are both very accurate. Only complaint is the constant waterfall hiss with ES60, but the AK380 also had it. It's what it is, they can't make a player that accommodates every sensitivity level on the market. It's not a variable hiss which would drive me crazy.

I'm not sure how the stock DX220 is. Now I'm debating whether I should get an AMP8ex.

Get the AMP8Ex you won't regret it!

I have started using the AMP8EX with the Oriolus BA300s and it's very addictive sound signature. At home I don't listen without this anymore.

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #8,684 of 13,478
The things are two:

1. Neutron is making some magic with the realtime PCM to DSD64 conversion
2. Neutron is better than Mango OS

It's strange because without DSD conversion I find Mango OS better in terms of audio quality.

I agree. I like Neutron a lot and I find it much easier to navigate my music on a SD card. My only issue is that sometimes the DX2xx can get super hot but in the latest release from Neutron this seems to be better, or maybe it’s because I remove the player from its leather case.

Oct 15, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #8,685 of 13,478
I agree. I like Neutron a lot and I find it much easier to navigate my music on a SD card. My only issue is that sometimes the DX2xx can get super hot but in the latest release from Neutron this seems to be better, or maybe it’s because I remove the player from its leather case.
The problem is that Neutron is very good when you turn on the PCM to DSD feature. Everything will sound more deeper and wide, more resolving and more separation.
The bad thing is that this feature requires a lot of calculations from the poor CPU and poor battery life.
That's why I prefer to use Mango OS.
In Mango OS with AMP8 & High Gain I reach 5 hours with continuous playing (in loop) of the same track wav 44.1kHz 16 bit (display turned off).
With Neutron will be even less and it's not acceptable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back