DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 11, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #8,611 of 13,478
so back to the topic of battery life

I've noticed that battery has improved slightly in the past 30hrs of use.

I'm getting around 5.5hrs streaming amazon HD, using high gain.
Haven't tried Mango exclusively, but I would imagine around the same life.

Oct 11, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #8,613 of 13,478
so back to the topic of battery life

I've noticed that battery has improved slightly in the past 30hrs of use.

I'm getting around 5.5hrs streaming amazon HD, using high gain.
Haven't tried Mango exclusively, but I would imagine around the same life.
I also get about 5 hours in Mango Mode set at mid gain, volume at about 66, with Sony MDR-EX650 T iem's. Charging only takes about 2 hours with the DX220 on and a PD compliant charger.

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 11, 2019 at 2:12 PM Post #8,615 of 13,478
I only turn off the unit to charge faster maybe 30 min depending how much empty is the battery?
That was from about 2% battery remaining. I did some testing on charging rates using a Power-Z KT001 USB Power Meter and an Anker PowerPort II PD (A2321 model number) to see what I would get. Tested with Power On & Off, Screen On & Off, and both Mango Mode & Android Mode. Here is a summary table of my results:
iBasso DX220 Charging Test.png

My conclusions from this:
1) Using USB A/QC (Anker PIQ) it doesn't make a difference if the screen is off or on and with the DX220 off the charge rate is slightly lower but then again there is no power consumption by the DX220.
2) With USB C/PD the DX220 charges at an appreciably higher rate when turned on and with the screen on it does even higher - most likely to counter the power used by the display. Slighty higher rate in Android Mode.
3) Since I spend most of my time in Mango Mode I decided to just charge from there with my DX220 on but not listening to any music.
4) If memory serves me correctly I got about 75% charge within the first hour.

Hope folks find this useful.

Like others have said - your mileage may vary...

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #8,616 of 13,478
Amp request for iBasso:

Amp 10:
Super low noise floor - perfect for sensitive IEM's (Like amp 1.1)
Ouputs - 2.5 balanced, 4.4 balanced, and 3.5 regular headphone jacks

That's it. Nothing else. Just a basic amp module that you can use with pretty much all your sensitive and/or demanding earphones.

Cheers.

Oct 11, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #8,617 of 13,478
Amp request for iBasso:

Amp 10:
Super low noise floor - perfect for sensitive IEM's (Like amp 1.1)
Ouputs - 2.5 balanced, 4.4 balanced, and 3.5 regular headphone jacks

That's it. Nothing else. Just a basic amp module that you can use with pretty much all your sensitive and/or demanding earphones.

Cheers.
+1, and make it the most powerful one.

Oct 11, 2019 at 8:47 PM Post #8,624 of 13,478
The DX220 is on my list, but I am concerned about battery life when I know other DAPs have longer battery life. Does no one get over 5-6 hours?

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:04 PM Post #8,625 of 13,478
The DX220 is on my list, but I am concerned about battery life when I know other DAPs have longer battery life. Does no one get over 5-6 hours?
Some have reported longer battery life on lower gain and at lower listening volume. A few have reported better life with AMP9 and the new FW...

For me, and I have seen others agree with this, my listening sessions are for maybe an 1 or 2 hours at the most so I don't really have to worry about going to 0%. Once mine is down around 5% remaining I just plug it in and in about 2 hours - back to 100%.

Cheers,
Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back