DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Oct 11, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #8,596 of 13,478
Last question from me tonight; I haven't run across any mention but is there a way to rename the playlists created in the Mango OS? I'm not used to using numbers for my playlists but I couldn't figure out how to rename them.
The Mango App in Android let me do it but I couldn't see the renamed playlists in Mango OS. Did I miss something? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers and All the Best!:beerchug:
-HK sends

P.S. - Okay I admit, there were two questions in my post...but they are related...:ksc75smile:
I think it's not possible. I tried several times to rename the Playlist and I did not manage to do it.

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:44 AM Post #8,597 of 13,478
Added a photo. I am trying but it feels impossible, the card gets in a little but never recognized by the device.

Its the wrong way around the little gold connectors should face upwards..
Sorry if someone has already mentioned this

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #8,598 of 13,478
Enjoy the music IMG_20191011_124658.jpg

Oct 11, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #8,599 of 13,478
Oct 11, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #8,601 of 13,478
Many researchs have been done about the burn in. I linked two of them in a previous post, more can be found too.

All experiment results similarly say: " no audible differences have been found between Hour 0, Hour 100 and Hour 200 of the same headphone " Existence of the burn-in either has been surely disproved or couldn't be proved.

I am familiar with electronics since I am a computer engineer and I can say that there is no reason for electronic systems to behave differently after certain hours of usage. And headphones are not magical products, they are quite similar to other electronics. If burn-in existed; computers, televisions and phones etc. would behave differently after time as well. Have you heard something like " this computer reaches its best gaming performance after 100 hours of usage? Definetly not.

Researches also say that it is people getting adjusted to the sound (aka. brain burn-in) rather than the headphone changing over time.
Burn in has more to do than just frequency response. The science geeks get stuck on measurements, use your ears instead for a change.
or just sell the player....

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #8,602 of 13,478
What volume level should we burn in the AMP's when using the burn in cable? With headphones I usually set at half volume and leave it but wondering if I should go higher with the cable.

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #8,603 of 13,478
Many researchs have been done about the burn in. I linked two of them in a previous post, more can be found too.

All experiment results similarly say: " no audible differences have been found between Hour 0, Hour 100 and Hour 200 of the same headphone " Existence of the burn-in either has been surely disproved or couldn't be proved.

I am familiar with electronics since I am a computer engineer and I can say that there is no reason for electronic systems to behave differently after certain hours of usage. And headphones are not magical products, they are quite similar to other electronics. If burn-in existed; computers, televisions and phones etc. would behave differently after time as well. Have you heard something like " this computer reaches its best gaming performance after 100 hours of usage? Definetly not.

Researches also say that it is people getting adjusted to the sound (aka. brain burn-in) rather than the headphone changing over time.

I strongly disagree with the statement that there is no reason for electronic system to behave differently after burn-in.

I spent 25 years as a SysAdmin [later as a Network Architect, last 15 years as a Software Engineer]; and when installing new hardware, standard procedure was [and still is] to burn in systems for a minimum of 72 hours - and usually 168 [yes, a full week] ... for servers, this meant running low level memory and disk array diagnostics continuously.

The time spent up front saved me quite a lot of time down the road because the vast majority of the time [better than 98%, yes I/we kept stats], if a piece of hardware was going to misbehave it did so during the burn-in process rather than after it had been put in to production.

This was true for servers, disks/arrays, routers and switches, and for UPS/power conditioning hardware that kept us insulated from problems on the grid.

Just my $0.02 + more than 40 years of practical experience, your mileage may vary ....

-dmm

Oct 11, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #8,604 of 13,478
What volume level should we burn in the AMP's when using the burn in cable? With headphones I usually set at half volume and leave it but wondering if I should go higher with the cable.

Same level as you listen to is best.

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #8,606 of 13,478
I think it's not possible. I tried several times to rename the Playlist and I did not manage to do it.
This request was brought up back in mid August in the software dedicated thread (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/) and I am going to bring it forward again along with a question about why the playlists are not common/shared between Android and Mango modes. In Android mode we can rename playlists and add description text as well - let's hope adding this capability to Mango mode is not a monumental undertaking...

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #8,607 of 13,478
Thank you for the info. I hope that's an issue that gets addressed. You would think it should be possible since it can be done in Android's version of Mango. At least a way to build playlists in the Android Mango app and export them to a directory that the Mango OS can read or import from. It's not as if the music path is different in either OS...

Cheers and Thanks!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 12:37 PM Post #8,608 of 13,478
This request was brought up back in mid August in the software dedicated thread (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dx220-thread-for-software-requests.906199/) and I am going to bring it forward again along with a question about why the playlists are not common/shared between Android and Mango modes. In Android mode we can rename playlists and add description text as well - let's hope adding this capability to Mango mode is not a monumental undertaking...

Cheers,
Tim
Yeah...what he said...:wink:
Sorry I missed that part of the thread.

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #8,609 of 13,478
Yeah...what he said...:wink:
Sorry I missed that part of the thread.

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends
I am glad this was brought up again - had me perplexed that playlist could not be renamed and made it a guessing game as to what each list was (I spend 99% of my listening time in Mango Mode). I also asked Paul about a few other requests that have been floating around for a while and hopefully will be incorporated in a near future FW update.

Cheers,
Tim

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #8,610 of 13,478
Burn in has more to than just frequency response. The science geeks get stuck on measurements, use your ears instead for a change.
or just sell the player....
I strongly disagree with the statement that there is no reason for electronic system to behave differently after burn-in.

I spent 25 years as a SysAdmin [later as a Network Architect, last 15 years as a Software Engineer]; and when installing new hardware, standard procedure was [and still is] to burn in systems for a minimum of 72 hours - and usually 168 [yes, a full week] ... for servers, this meant running low level memory and disk array diagnostics continuously.

The time spent up front saved me quite a lot of time down the road because the vast majority of the time [better than 98%, yes I/we kept stats], if a piece of hardware was going to misbehave it did so during the burn-in process rather than after it had been put in to production.

This was true for servers, disks/arrays, routers and switches, and for UPS/power conditioning hardware that kept us insulated from problems on the grid.

Just my $0.02 + more than 40 years of practical experience, your mileage may vary ....

-dmm

Guys...Sound Science forum please! This conversation is off the topic of this thread.
While I value the discussion, it needs to be in the right forum. I'm sure you'll find an opinion or two there...:wink:

Cheers and Thanks!:wink:
-HK sends

Users who are viewing this thread

Back