DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 13, 2019 at 5:28 PM Post #2,762 of 13,478
Yes! Got my DHL shipping confirmation today, hope it gets here soon.

May 13, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #2,764 of 13,478
Has anyone paired the Ether C Flow 1.1 with the DX228?

No but I'm using the Ether 2's with AMP8W and it sounds fantastic. The soundstage is excellent, the imagery kicks ass, and the separation of instruments is spot on.

May 13, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #2,765 of 13,478
Yes! Got my DHL shipping confirmation today, hope it gets here soon.
Hey KimChee,
If you decide to do some burn-in it comes with a cable for the balanced output port. If you still have your burn-in cable for the DX90 that will work in the single ended output - that is what I used since I haven't yet invested in balanced cables/IEMs. The evidence suggests, as evidenced by many owners - including me, that the DX220 improves with burn-in. I noticed improvements after as little as 10 hours and many have said between 150 - 200 hours is where it will achieve full benefit.

Cheers,
Tim

May 13, 2019 at 11:43 PM Post #2,766 of 13,478
Hey KimChee,
If you decide to do some burn-in it comes with a cable for the balanced output port. If you still have your burn-in cable for the DX90 that will work in the single ended output - that is what I used since I haven't yet invested in balanced cables/IEMs. The evidence suggests, as evidenced by many owners - including me, that the DX220 improves with burn-in. I noticed improvements after as little as 10 hours and many have said between 150 - 200 hours is where it will achieve full benefit.

Cheers,
Tim

What is the proper way of burning this DAP when not listening to it? I don't want to do it the wrong way :D

May 13, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #2,768 of 13,478
What is the proper way of burning this DAP when not listening to it? I don't want to do it the wrong way :D

Well, you get some kerosene and make sure it's good and soaked before you light it up.... (huge grin).

On the other hand, if you want to–burn in–the DAP, use the provided burn in cable accessory, and just play any music on continuous rotation.

Sorry, this is a shameful way to treat a new headfier.

May 13, 2019 at 11:52 PM Post #2,769 of 13,478
Theres no real wrong way. You could just enjoy it right out of the box like a normal person. In time it will SETTLE and you csn continue ENJOYING the dap. How do I burn in my new car ? Run it over night for a week ?

May 13, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #2,770 of 13,478

Theres no real wrong way. You could just enjoy it right out of the box like a normal person. In time it will SETTLE and you csn continue ENJOYING the dap. How do I burn in my new car ? Run it over night for a week ?

Just like @jmills8 suggestion I just listened to it repeatedly every night at least 5 hours. That way you’ll experience the sound improves after certain few hours or so...

May 14, 2019 at 12:30 AM Post #2,772 of 13,478
Haha thanks guys! I'm not new, just never posted beforeaand it's ok, I can take a few humor jabs at me :wink:

Yeah, definitely, you don't have to deprive yourself of using it during the burning cycle. 220 sounds great from the get to. But, plug in the charger and burning cable and hit play while you're not using it. You'll like what you hear when you come back to it.

May 14, 2019 at 1:05 AM Post #2,773 of 13,478
Like brothers...
20190513_220430.jpg

May 14, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #2,774 of 13,478
Like brothers...
I actually like the leather case; it's a mustard color and is nice and soft. The unit is lighter than expected especially coming from the SP1000.

May 14, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #2,775 of 13,478
You and me are in the same boat. I am also going to wait a bit for Amp8 since i need to upgrade cables for both!! If AMP1 turns out to pair well, hopefully I'll wait a bit more! Never heard from balanced out so I am also curious!!

This is what Whitigir wrote about amp1 of the DX200 six months ago in the thread of other daps:

Mehhzzz...Amp1 stock on Dx200 is trash, period. Any amp modules from Amp3 and up would be a lot better

I use Amp8, a Modified Amp8. I also now use modified DX200Titanium.

I wonder if Whitigir was not a fan of the DX200 when it first came out. Anyway, the stock amp1 of the DX220 is improved. Nonetheless, you want to be asking for comparative impressions of people who have both amp1 mk2 and amp8 burned in and who'll give you the good with the bad. I can tell you with a high degree of confidence that no new amp will sound awesome with a new DX220 and that even amp8 is not perfect. After 200 hours you could consider that at the price you have the best value, but I've yet to see anyone do any sort of insightful breakdown with positives and negatives of just where the DX220 with whatever amp stands relative to other daps. On the bright side once you cast scruples and money out of your mind and focus on music the DX220 w/ amp8 at the very least has enough to let you enjoy the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back