DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 2, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #19,216 of 22,021
I also guess that you might have used a few seconds more and pointed me in that direction,
No way: if you prefer b2, why can't I think that you prefer 1.10 over 1.12? And that's what I thought!

Dec 2, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #19,217 of 22,021
No way: if you prefer b2, why can't I think that you prefer 1.10 over 1.12? And that's what I thought!

Lol, relax, I understand your point of view and the misunderstanding then.

In my original post I was asking for the possible availability of (any) ONE of your older FWs for DX200/oreo beta available to install via the bootable SD card method, as I (mistakenly) did not think there was one. But since I then went on to explain about how I was previously on b2+L1.10, I understand that you interpreted it to mean specifically the L1.10 one. And I WOULD have preferred the L1.10, as it was the one I used before, but I just wanted the possibility to go back to b2 with one of your add-ons, and I've done that, now.

As for why my DX200 does not like the other methods of updating, I don't really know.... it had problems with android 6, but worked well with android 8 with the tools provided. Now it no longer works with android 8 either, with same computer, same cables, same drivers (official FW tool recognized the device - went from "no loader device" to "One device found", but when I then pressed upgrade it did a few things, but then stopped when loader should have started; your own tool for L1.10 did not go past the "no loader device" screen).

I'll count my blessings, and be just happy that it does work with the SD-card method :) .

Dec 2, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #19,218 of 22,021
There is no way for software to bypass the hardware :) Any software player on a DAP utilizes DAPs hardware. I have no idea why do you think that Google Music sounds better or worse than Neutron with the same file. I'd suggest you to listen music :wink:
Yes, I understand that, but what's the purpose of USB audio then? I thought it makes the player of your choice (of those supported) fully utilize DAP capabilities, like Mango. Thanks.

Dec 2, 2018 at 1:16 PM Post #19,219 of 22,021
what's the purpose of USB audio then? I thought it makes the player of your choice (of those supported) fully utilize DAP capabilities, like Mango
In April, 2017, when I introduced it, it was true. But, even then and now, it always means to play bit perfect hi-res and DSD, i.e. formats that are not supported by Android sound system via documented way. I never bothered about 16/44 and even 16/48 PCM.

But, since then, Neutron and UAPP intoroduced "direct drivers" and are able to play PCM up to 32/384 by themselves. So does HibyMusic in my add-on for Oreo. Neutron also plays DSD directly up to DSD512.

So, where Google Music is in this world? AFAIK 16/44 is the most it does, which never was a problem (and 16/48, if it matters).

Dec 2, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #19,221 of 22,021
I was happy seing dx200 got a new android so I flashed it and tested out, then tried lurkers mod and sadly with both I still have same old bug that when screen off I loose wifi connection after 20-30 minutes until screen on. So can't really use tidal with uapp comfortably. :frowning2:

Dec 2, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #19,224 of 22,021
Followed instructions contained in the FW Toolset update. Installed driver first. Then ran RKDevTool.

Update tool does not see DX200
2018-12-02 16_01_07-Window.png

USB Driver shows up as an error in Device Manager

2018-12-02 16_02_07-Window.png

Using Win10. I notice the driver folder includes Vista, Win7, and Win8 but no Win10. Does this make a difference?

I'm presently trying to troubleshoot.

Thoughts?

Dec 2, 2018 at 8:04 PM Post #19,225 of 22,021
Update.

After some fumbling around I got the DX200 to be recognized. I ended up keeping the DAP connected to the USB-C end of the cable and disconnecting/reconnecting the USB-A side from the computer USB I/O. After a couple of tries it took. Tool saw the dap and FW update worked!

2018-12-02 17_38_09-Window.png

But now I've ran into the same problem just to get the DX200 to be recognized as a storage device. Need to also install Lurker0 FW mod so going through the same rigmarole now.

Dec 2, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #19,226 of 22,021
Update.

After some fumbling around I got the DX200 to be recognized. I ended up keeping the DAP connected to the USB-C end of the cable and disconnecting/reconnecting the USB-A side from the computer USB I/O. After a couple of tries it took. Tool saw the dap and FW update worked!

But now I've ran into the same problem just to get the DX200 to be recognized as a storage device. Need to also install Lurker0 FW mod so going through the same rigmarole now.

did you install the rockchip adb driver, located in the folder\; 1.DriverAssitant_v4.5

Dec 2, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #19,227 of 22,021
did you install the rockchip adb driver, located in the folder\; 1.DriverAssitant_v4.5

I just executed the "DriverInstall" application. Wouldn't that install everything needed?

[Update]: After about a dozen USB reconnects I got the AndroidTool to recognize the DX200. So now Lurker0 FW has been successfully installed! This is the only player in my collection that is having these USB issues. I tried some of the others I have at hand and they were fine.

The mystery remains but I'm good now it seems until the next update. Lol.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 12:34 AM Post #19,228 of 22,021
@Signal2Noise I had lots of problems too, and you made better progress than I did (I'm on Windows 10, too). Never managed to upgrade FW when my DX200Ti was on Android 6, but managed without a hitch on Android 8, using the (different) driver and tools provided. However, I managed that ONCE, lol. Second time I wanted to upgrade, it did not work.

Thankfully, though, the Sd-card upgrade method that Lurker came up with currently works like a charm, for me... you might want to give it a try, if next time you have problems with the method you just used (if not, so much the better, ofc :) ): https://github.com/Lurker00/DX200-Firmware-Add-on/tree/master/FirmwareUpdater .

Only precaution, if you do end up using the SD card update method, use a sd card you are not too invested in, or are not interested in using for anything else. After being formatted for the DX200 upgrade purpose, it's formatted as a 4GB card (so using a 64GB card, say, does not make much sense).

Dec 3, 2018 at 12:56 AM Post #19,230 of 22,021
Had the same trouble making my dx200 under Mango recognized as a mass storage. Had to go Android to solve this. First time it happened.
FYI mass storage ("Card Reader" mode) in Mango never worked with official firmware :wink: For Android 8.1, I didn't touch this area yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back