DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 3, 2018 at 7:30 AM Post #19,231 of 22,021
I noticed that when I connect my DX200 (Android mode) to my PC the Huawei phone managing suite auto starts.

Dec 3, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #19,232 of 22,021
Dec 3, 2018 at 10:20 AM Post #19,233 of 22,021
I read most of this thread before I purchased my dx200. I quit reading it after I sent my dx200 back. But now I am still plagued by the reason I returned it so a little venting question in hopes for clarity and perhaps some direction.

How/why does a company, any company, build a dap with all the great features of the DX200 but fail to leave out memory? I sent it back because of the limited memory only. I otherwise really liked it. The sound is great even with the stock amp. So I have my Kann and a DX120, neither of which can compete with the DX200 sound wise. But they both hold my entire library (currently at 625gb). And actually I still prefer the sound from my original dap, DX90. But I really do NOT like to change the card and go through the whole re-scan process just because I have a whim to hear a song on the other card. Ridiculous. What is the hold-up with equipping these things with a min 1TB SSD? Think about it. You can get a $3500 dap with 512 gb capacity but a 2TB external ssd costs just around $300.

Sorry for the rant.

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #19,234 of 22,021
But they both hold my entire library (currently at 625gb)
You have quite limited music interests! My library is >10TB already and still is growing... But, until recently, 128GB microSD was enough for me, and I purchased 400GB just because it was dirty cheap (<$70), and my microSD was 4 years old.

I don't argue. I just showed you that there are different cases... "One size fits all" DAP is impossible.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 11:02 AM Post #19,235 of 22,021
I read most of this thread before I purchased my dx200. I quit reading it after I sent my dx200 back. But now I am still plagued by the reason I returned it so a little venting question in hopes for clarity and perhaps some direction.

How/why does a company, any company, build a dap with all the great features of the DX200 but fail to leave out memory? I sent it back because of the limited memory only. I otherwise really liked it. The sound is great even with the stock amp. So I have my Kann and a DX120, neither of which can compete with the DX200 sound wise. But they both hold my entire library (currently at 625gb). And actually I still prefer the sound from my original dap, DX90. But I really do NOT like to change the card and go through the whole re-scan process just because I have a whim to hear a song on the other card. Ridiculous. What is the hold-up with equipping these things with a min 1TB SSD? Think about it. You can get a $3500 dap with 512 gb capacity but a 2TB external ssd costs just around $300.

Sorry for the rant.

May I suggest you? Do you know about upnp/ftp server?

My house has an asus router. Then I connect external hdd to the router. And I set FTP server for using it as a music server.

Then I use neutron to play music via ftp. Now I have unlimited of music in DAP. :)

Ftp server can be played outside house as well. You just need to share hotspot from your phone or use free wifi in your city.

You can also buy 512 gb lexar card from taobao for just $100. Plus internal storage around 50gb, so another 100gb of your library stays in server.

Problem solved!

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #19,237 of 22,021
You have quite limited music interests! My library is >10TB already and still is growing... But, until recently, 128GB microSD was enough for me, and I purchased 400GB just because it was dirty cheap (<$70), and my microSD was 4 years old.

I don't argue. I just showed you that there are different cases... "One size fits all" DAP is impossible.

Yes I agree, my library is limited but I also have an equal number of video discs as to music. So still >10TB probably won't happen before I pass on the entire kit to the kids. Still, with regard to a dap where portability is the main purpose my points stand and I wait for a solution that doesn't require a "stack" of gear.

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #19,238 of 22,021
Can I ask your Neutron configuration?

May I suggest you? Do you know about upnp/ftp server?

My house has an asus router. Then I connect external hdd to the router. And I set FTP server for using it as a music server.

Then I use neutron to play music via ftp. Now I have unlimited of music in DAP. :)

Ftp server can be played outside house as well. You just need to share hotspot from your phone or use free wifi in your city.

You can also buy 512 gb lexar card from taobao for just $100. Plus internal storage around 50gb, so another 100gb of your library stays in server.

Problem solved!

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #19,239 of 22,021
Hi
trying to install your rom.
seeing I have to run the 'disable verity'.
but if i'd like to come back to the original rom, it's enough I run the ibasso tool with their last rom and nothing else?
thank u

Verity disabled is tied to partition itself. If you want to come back to original ROM, new partition with verity will be flashed so you can flash original ROM back and nothing else. :)

Regards,
Keetakawee

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #19,240 of 22,021
Yes I agree, my library is limited but I also have an equal number of video discs as to music. So still >10TB probably won't happen before I pass on the entire kit to the kids. Still, with regard to a dap where portability is the main purpose my points stand and I wait for a solution that doesn't require a "stack" of gear.

I agree some extra onboard memory would have been welcome
same counts for a second sd slot

My home NAS holds 3TB on music files (all redbook CD), so whatever DAP I will buy, it will never be able to hold those 3TB
But on the other hand; as you stated; for portable use, a not too expensive 400 Gb sd card gives sufficient storage for many hours of happy listening

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #19,242 of 22,021
Hi,

What is the best Ibasso DX200 amp to listen heavy metal?

Thx
Perhaps AMP8 as it has lots of power and bass is very well served

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #19,243 of 22,021
I have been listening to BT with LDAC 24/96 going and the sound is surprisingly good. Also, the DX200 after 7 hours is just down to 78%. No stoppage of music all day and playing very smoothly.

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #19,245 of 22,021
I will need a tablet that can do LDAC LoL!
What do you mean? I went into developer on the DX200, set it to the higher resolution for LDAC and am listening with some Sony wireless in LDAC. Prior, I could only do this with the WM1Z but now the DX200 does it as well and the battery life is exceptional. Looks like in this mode I will get around 20 or a 22 hours of play time without a recharge on the the 200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back