DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 3, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #19,246 of 22,021
What do you mean? I went into developer on the DX200, set it to the higher resolution for LDAC and am listening with some Sony wireless in LDAC. Prior, I could only do this with the WM1Z but now the DX200 does it as well and the battery life is exceptional. Looks like in this mode I will get around 20 or a 22 hours of play time without a recharge on the the 200.
I meant the only time I could use LDAC is to use Bluetooth DAC/Amp :frowning2:

I can’t enjoy anything Bluetooth atm, even the best ATH Bluetooth headphones I have now, it can’t compare to my wired headphones. So, I will need some tablet that can do LDAC LoL.

I do love the practicality of Dx200, it not only perform so well into high end DAP

Dec 3, 2018 at 10:27 PM Post #19,247 of 22,021
Can I ask your Neutron configuration?

Just go to source > + > ftp

Then add ftp link. And scan the library.

Screenshot_20181204_103103.jpg
Screenshot_20181204-102920.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 11:11 PM Post #19,248 of 22,021
Question. I was thinking of if I should get a Chord Poly, now I want to know if I can do the same thing with DX200?

I want all my music on a MicroSD card inside DX200. Headphone connected to DX200. However I want to control and play/pause those files from my iPhone. Is that possible? If yes, what iOS app I need and what I should do on DX200?

Dec 3, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #19,249 of 22,021
Dec 4, 2018 at 12:24 AM Post #19,251 of 22,021
Question. I was thinking of if I should get a Chord Poly, now I want to know if I can do the same thing with DX200?

I want all my music on a MicroSD card inside DX200. Headphone connected to DX200. However I want to control and play/pause those files from my iPhone. Is that possible? If yes, what iOS app I need and what I should do on DX200?
I use a couple of different methods to control my DX208Ti from Bluetooth devices. Short of using a DLNA server or @Lurker0 Hiby Music app, I'm not aware of a way to control the DX200 remotely with an app.

Here is what I use via Bluetooth

1) Radsone Earstudio when I want to go wireless with my wired headphones. This does AptX HD and LDAC. https://www.radsone.com/
2) For remote control on my desktop at work an Astell&Kern AK RM01. https://www.astellnkern.com/eng/con...scg=CG210510&spos=6&tcg=&tpos=0&gcode=SC12670

For DLNA
1) I'm trying JRiver for Android. With Gizmo on my Android Phone.. This is an interesting option since I've used JRiver quite a bit.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 2:55 AM Post #19,255 of 22,021
Thought I drop an observation with Firmware 1.01.006 (Android 8.1 release).

Shutdown the DAP with last volume at 75. After start-up volume indicator states volume at 50 - (i.e. false state - i.e. did not capture previous volume state before shutdown). This is observed in Android mode (with Spotify).

Anyway, it is probably a good practice to put your IEM / CIEM in your year after you hit play and never before.

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:00 AM Post #19,256 of 22,021
@Lurker0 I'm trying to download the new add-on. I'm not sure what I'm missing but when I go to Github and download the master zip file it only contains a Readme markdown file. In the Updater folder there is just another Readme.md file. Could you point me to the zip with the windows tool and image?

Dec 4, 2018 at 3:55 AM Post #19,257 of 22,021
Dec 4, 2018 at 4:44 AM Post #19,258 of 22,021
Thanks Lurker!

Alright I got everything squared away with the official release of 8.1 and Lurker’s add-on. Had a hiccup where the flash tool said that the loader failed in bright red. That always gets the heart going. But, actually, after disconnecting and reconnecting the DX200, everything went through just fine.

I don’t know, am I imagining things? It sounds amazing. It’s hard for me to tell as my system’s gone through some changes, but I think it sounds better than beta 2. Someone posted that b2 was more “organic” and the official release sounded more cold. I think I know that they mean, but in my system a haze that was there before has lifted. It sounds more transparent and accurate. It seems to me that the tuning has generally drifted to more of a “reference” sound. It still sounds natural and full in an analog to me, but that’s in my system.

All in all, I couldn’t be happier, well, I mean this is headfi, I could always be happier, but for tonight I’m pretty satisfied. I’ll wait til tomorrow to start yearning for a DX308Ti.

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:14 AM Post #19,259 of 22,021
Okay, that little bit of audio headfi contentment was pretty short lived. I don’t mean to sound ungrateful because I’m actually really thankful that iBasso isn’t resting on laurels but keeps pushing forward, it’s just... Pure Mango. I switched over from Android and It does sound better to me, but the UI...?

I swipe left, I swipe right, I swipe left again. i swipe slow, i swipe fast. I swipe like I mean it, i swipe slightly brushing the screen. Every 10-15 tries or so, the settings screen or the file library screen makes an appearance. If I wanted to face this much rejection I would sign up for Tinder. Is there some trick I don’t know about?

Dec 4, 2018 at 5:49 AM Post #19,260 of 22,021
If I wanted to face this much rejection I would sign up for Tinder. :smile::smile:

....Not clear to me which you prefer for sound and UI. Do you prefer Android Mango over pure Mango, or the other way around?
For me Android is not very responsive. Pure Mango works fine
For sound I prefer pure Mango. It sounds cleaner to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back