DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 1, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #19,201 of 22,021
"Developer warning for package "com.spotify.music" Failed to post notification on channel "null" See log for more details" popping up at the bottom of the screen.
It means, developers of Spotify claimed support for Oreo API in its manifest, but create the notification (to show icon and controls in the status bar) old way. Contact them to resolve it.

Dec 1, 2018 at 9:50 PM Post #19,204 of 22,021
It means, developers of Spotify claimed support for Oreo API in its manifest, but create the notification (to show icon and controls in the status bar) old way. Contact them to resolve it.

Thank you. Initiated a post to Spotify support.

Dec 2, 2018 at 3:43 AM Post #19,205 of 22,021
Hi @Lurker0 , a quick question, if I got it right, it's not necessary to run USB Audio if I use Neutron, because Neutron utilized the DAP hardware, is that correct? And could you make Google Music to be supported by USB Audio if possible please? Thank you!

Dec 2, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #19,206 of 22,021
it's not necessary to run USB Audio if I use Neutron, because Neutron utilized the DAP hardware, is that correct?
Yes.
could you make Google Music to be supported by USB Audio if possible please?
Please contact Google... or, more realistic - UAPP developers.

Dec 2, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #19,207 of 22,021
@Lurker0 Would it be possible to have one of your older FWs for DX200/oreo beta available to install via the bootable Sd card method?

I wanted to go back to Oreo beta V2 + your L1.10 FW, as I preferred that sound to the the official latest FW+your V1.13 (which is overall faster, so that's a plus - but I like the sound of the older one better:)), but I can only use the SD card method for some reason - loader does not start with the other methods, and, unless I'm mistaken, you can't directly use your old L1.10/1.12 FWs with the SD card method (at least, for 1.13, you published 2 different FWs - and I don't think that V1.13 is compatible with the Oreo beta V2, right??).

Dec 2, 2018 at 10:17 AM Post #19,208 of 22,021
Would it be possible to have one of your older FWs for DX200/oreo beta available to install via the bootable Sd card method?
Sorry, but I look forward, not back. I prefer to spend (waste?) my time for further improvements rather than support outdated stuff.

Dec 2, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #19,210 of 22,021
@Lurker0 Would it be possible to have one of your older FWs for DX200/oreo beta available to install via the bootable Sd card method?

I wanted to go back to Oreo beta V2 + your L1.10 FW, as I preferred that sound to the the official latest FW+your V1.13 (which is overall faster, so that's a plus - but I like the sound of the older one better:)), but I can only use the SD card method for some reason - loader does not start with the other methods, and, unless I'm mistaken, you can't directly use your old L1.10/1.12 FWs with the SD card method (at least, for 1.13, you published 2 different FWs - and I don't think that V1.13 is compatible with the Oreo beta V2, right??).

Can you say more about how the official fw vs beta2 sounds, please?

Thinking of making the jump today.

Dec 2, 2018 at 11:13 AM Post #19,211 of 22,021
Yes.
Please contact Google... or, more realistic - UAPP developers.
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but since Google Music cannot be used vie USB Audio, it means it will play worse than Neutron, because the DAP hardware will not be utilized? Thanks!

Dec 2, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #19,212 of 22,021
@pali to my ears, Beta 2 sounds a bit more organic. Official FW, a bit "colder".

@Lurker0 you're a great guy, and your (totally unpaid) efforts are very much appreciated by everybody, here. That said, I have yet to find ANY Ibasso DAP for which FWs do NOT change in some way the sound... which means there will always be people who may prefer some older FW, for some reason. So I believe the "waste" comment was a bit out of line, tbh.... Still, I most definitely won't try to influence the way you spend your time... the way you did spend it up to now has certainly benefited quite a bit this community :) .

Any possibility on directing me to some tool which can convert/pack what you already made available for L1.10 into the sdupdate.img file necessary to use with the SD card update method ? Or is the process a totally different one, and you're the only one who can handle it (in which last case, I guess I'm SOL, lol)?

Dec 2, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #19,213 of 22,021
since Google Music cannot be used vie USB Audio, it means it will play worse than Neutron, because the DAP hardware will not be utilized?
There is no way for software to bypass the hardware :) Any software player on a DAP utilizes DAPs hardware. I have no idea why do you think that Google Music sounds better or worse than Neutron with the same file. I'd suggest you to listen music :wink:

Dec 2, 2018 at 11:52 AM Post #19,214 of 22,021
@Lurker0 oh... just saw that actually L1.12 IS already available in the SD-card bootable method, so I can go back to that one, after all. Guess I'll do that, then, and that should solve my problem... I also guess that you might have used a few seconds more and pointed me in that direction, in your previous post, but I could have read your website page more thouroghly, myself, so I guess we both could have done better.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #19,215 of 22,021
Any possibility on directing me to some tool
Tools are not enough, some knowledge is required as well. I'm sure the easiest way for you is to find Windows PC/cables etc. to flash the firmware you like. Also, I'm sure you couldn't find the difference in true A/B test.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back