DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 30, 2018 at 10:10 PM Post #19,187 of 22,021
Dec 1, 2018 at 3:28 AM Post #19,190 of 22,021
It has been long time I don’t do updating the DX200. Can someone help me?
I did download and extract the FW. What is the next step after connecting the DX200 to the computer? Thank you.

In the xtracted files there is a folder called "Tool"
In that folder you will find a user guide
Just follow the steps explained in that guide and you will do fine

Dec 1, 2018 at 4:38 AM Post #19,191 of 22,021
Hi guys, a quick question.
Can the 29th Nov FW release be installed (for a Mac user) exactly the same as the previous ones? I've seen some posts previously about how it can't be done on a MacBook, but that was for the beta version I think?

What I would always do before is:
1) download the file to my laptop (unzipping as necessary).
2) remove the micro-SD card from my DX200, put it into a micro-SD card reader and plug that into my MacBook.
3) transfer the FW file from the MacBook to the micro-SD card.
4) boot the Android player on the DX200 (I usually use Pure Mango). Switch it off, insert the micro-SD card, and reboot in Android.
5) click to update the FW on DX200.
6) enjoy the music :wink:

Now, with this new version: can I do exactly the same?
If not, would someone be able to walk me through what I'd do differently to the steps above?

Dec 1, 2018 at 4:54 AM Post #19,192 of 22,021
Read this about updating.

It seems like the full OREO (non beta) still needs a windows computer to update along with tr Tool.

There is a work around as listed by Anakchan. See below quotes.

It is my understanding that once you have the full version. Later versions will be updatable via windows and mac via sd card

Sleep timer was and still is off.

Anyhow downloading the official Oreo at the moment and will see how that goes.

After downloading and extracting, it's in the DX200FW-8.1-V1.01.006/Tool/DX200_update_tool_windows/DX200_update_tool_windows/2.AndroidTool_Release_v2.47-English

As implied, under WIndows only. No native MacOS tool. But should work under VMWare Fusion/Parallels, etc.

Can't remember which ones Beta v2+Lurker's add-on has and hasn't :-

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Added Bluetooth DAC+AMP function to system settings. (Android OS)
2. Auto mute On/Off setting is added to system settings/audio settings. (Android OS)
3. Added the setting guide for setting the language, time zoom, time, WiFi on the first startup.(Android OS)
4. Added options into Settings/Reset, now erase all data can be selected.(Android OS)
5. Improved the LDAC and aptX support of the Mango Player APP. (Android OS)
6. Improved the playlist import and export, to have a better support for different languages and codes.(Android OS & Mango OS)
7. Improved the cue support. now supports UNIX.(Android OS & Mango OS)
8. Improved the sorting by added time feature.(Android OS & Mango OS)
9. Rectified the bug that sometimes the bottom system buttons malfunction.(Android OS)
10. Rectified the bug that some ALAC can't be played. (Android OS)
11. Rectified the bug that some ISO file can't be played. (Android OS)
12. Rectified the bug that when using "file transfer" with computer, the files on the SD card can't be correctly displayed.(Android OS)
13. Rectified the bug that when the Mango player is paused, and a third party audio player APP is used, the side button would not respond to the player APP.(Android OS)
14. Rectified the bug that when using the Apple Music player APP, the sound stutters.(Android OS)
15. Rectified the bug that only the currently playing song's music info can be displayed correctly. When viewing other song's music info, the currently playing music's music info would be displayed instead of other song's (Mango OS)

Just FYI for MacOS Mojave folks, you can use the microSD upgrade procedure in post #18980 with the official Oreo 8.1 v1.01.006 update.img. For some reason, make sure you're in Android mode when you're switching off the DX200 (before inserting the microSD). I was in Pure Mango mode when I switched off and inserted the microSD, then switching on, it stayed on the DX200 screen for a long time. But going to Android mode, then switching off, inserting the microSD and switching on, it was able update as per below.

And Lurker's Add-On can install on Oreo 8.1 v1.01.006 too!!

Dec 1, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #19,194 of 22,021
Weird
In Adroid mode, scanning the music library on my sd card
DX200 update status showing more than 100%

strange.jpg

Dec 1, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #19,195 of 22,021
Weird
In Adroid mode, scanning the music library on my sd card
DX200 update status showing more than 100%

That means it scale is at 1000%, so 136% means 13.6% of the 100% to scale ? Pretty common :D
The screenshot also yelled “kneel! And pray, because I know what you are listening!”

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #19,196 of 22,021
I just published firmware add-on v.1.13, which is 100% compatible with released 1.01.006. There are two sets of files: to flash using Windows/AndroidTool, and for any OS using FirmwareUpdater.

@Whitigir: During my tests, I've listened to my only track in DSD512, and it played back flawlessly under Android, using Mango and Neutron. With Neutron, I tried both its Direct driver and via USB Audio - no problems found. YMMV, of course, because you have more than one track :) Nevertheless, I'd suggest you to give it a try, because for me it (successful DSD512 playback under Android) happened first time ever!

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:02 AM Post #19,197 of 22,021
I just published firmware add-on v.1.13, which is 100% compatible with released 1.01.006. There are two sets of files: to flash using Windows/AndroidTool, and for any OS using FirmwareUpdater.

@Whitigir: During my tests, I've listened to my only track in DSD512, and it played back flawlessly under Android, using Mango and Neutron. With Neutron, I tried both its Direct driver and via USB Audio - no problems found. YMMV, of course, because you have more than one track :) Nevertheless, I'd suggest you to give it a try, because for me it (successful DSD512 playback under Android) happened first time ever!

Lovely! This open up more possible app choices

Dec 1, 2018 at 10:14 AM Post #19,198 of 22,021

i love Lurker0 .... i mean his firmware

Dec 1, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #19,200 of 22,021

Updated with success. Also registered device with Google with the guide of the ReadMe instructions.

Installed Spotify from PlayStore - and as I was downloading offline songs, I keep getting "Developer warning for package "com.spotify.music" Failed to post notification on channel "null" See log for more details" popping up at the bottom of the screen. Anyone experienced this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back