DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 30, 2018 at 6:13 AM Post #19,156 of 22,021
Sorry to get all basic, but...

Just got a DX200 and I thought I'd update the firmware, but I can't get either a Mac or Windows to recognize it. I installed the latest rkflashtool on Mac and it just doesn't see the DX200 after holding down the play button and plugging in the cable, etc., etc. On Windows, it's recognized as an "unknown USB device". I tried updating the driver with some that were included in the Oreo V2 download, but Windows won't accept them. I'm unfamiliar with Android, and I'm sure I'm skipping/missing something pretty elementary, but it has eluded me thus far. Thanks for any input.

Nov 30, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #19,157 of 22,021
Very weird, i was unable to upggrade firmware using my Desktop running on win7.
I had been using my son's PC, running win10 to upgrade.
Realised i had a Acer netbook running on win7 starter, and i was able to successfully upgrade to v8.1..
So now I am wondering shld i reset my Dx200 after this upgrade..? Shld ì???
Next will be Lurker's add-on.. this will wait till next week when Lurker is done with the compatible add-on.
A big thank to Lurker...

Nov 30, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #19,159 of 22,021
Sorry to disappoint you but this pair of 62 yrs old ears & brain cannot remember how the previous sound like.
And i need more hours on it to decide whether i like it or not.
Maybe other will add their thoughts after their upgrade...

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 7:27 AM Post #19,160 of 22,021
Sorry to get all basic, but...

Just got a DX200 and I thought I'd update the firmware, but I can't get either a Mac or Windows to recognize it. I installed the latest rkflashtool on Mac and it just doesn't see the DX200 after holding down the play button and plugging in the cable, etc., etc. On Windows, it's recognized as an "unknown USB device". I tried updating the driver with some that were included in the Oreo V2 download, but Windows won't accept them. I'm unfamiliar with Android, and I'm sure I'm skipping/missing something pretty elementary, but it has eluded me thus far. Thanks for any input.

Forgot to mention that I also don't get that USB function selection pull down menu on the DX200 when I plug it into the computer when on.

Nov 30, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #19,161 of 22,021
I also don't get that USB function selection pull down menu on the DX200
Did you try obvious things: another cable, another USB port, another DX200?

Nov 30, 2018 at 7:55 AM Post #19,163 of 22,021
Yes if you swipe left in mango mode you get choice of reader dac or charge

Nov 30, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #19,165 of 22,021
I never seen usb-DAC function from the drop down menu ? I am curious, is it a thing ?

No me neither I was only saying yes to your swipe left in mango mode comment

Nov 30, 2018 at 8:21 AM Post #19,166 of 22,021
I never seen usb-DAC function from the drop down menu ?
If you mean standard Android menu of USB connection modes, then no, USB DAC never was there, and can't be there by hardware and software design: this menu lets to choose between modes that SoC provides, but USB DAC mode is provided by XMOS which takes control over the external USB socket, blocking SoC access to it.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #19,168 of 22,021
OK...

1. Don't have another DX200 to try
2. Tried a couple computers and several USB ports
3. I'll get another cable, but Windows is recognizing that something's plugged in, just not specifically an Android device. Not sure a bad cable would even give me that much, but I'll still buy another cable.
4. I see the Mango USB options described above - selecting any option made no difference (on my Macbook, anyway)

Is there a way to do a hard reset? Maybe that would help???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back