DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 9, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #17,206 of 22,021
Did we ever figure out what the DX200 surprise was? A looming upgrade to Android 8?

I think there should be newly mango OS design similar to what ibasso did in DX120. To improve GUI responsiveness.

As in DX120, mango OS is smoother UI than in DX200.

Sep 9, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #17,208 of 22,021
I am using a coaxial cable like this. Works fine with other daps using coax output to hugo.

Are you by any chance using Fiio DAPs to Hugo with that four pole cable?

Sep 9, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #17,212 of 22,021
Yup, was using a Fiio dap. Maybe thats why i suppose.

Yep, Fiio annoyingly did away with a separate coax out socket after X5mk1 and used line out in a combined socket. That caused standard cables to be of no use, and they had to include a short converter cable. But that has caused problems where any connecting cable has to be different between brands.

Sep 9, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #17,213 of 22,021
Time to dream of this dream again. So, inspired by DMP-Z1. I drew up a simple something dx200 owners will be dreaming off. There are reasons why I dream of this, and if this is welcomed, I will list out the reasons. It is very plausible that Ibasso will come up with this in a near future

1/ You slide in the main unit, and choose to set it to stand up, or lay down. New firmware will allow displaying spectrum 16 bands analyzers in mango mode and in android mango app. You can also choose Vu-meters

2/ your DX200 will be charged independently where as your main external amplifier unit will also be charged externally

3/ you get SE out, 4.4mm out, 2.5mm out, and line out ?

4/ the dedicated desktop amp will be using high quality components of discrete regulators, and discrete buffers, amplifications (no Op-Amp or integrated amp chips will be used)

5/ the Amp modules will be using similar Analog attenuation but not the expensive RK50. It will uses RK27 for an affordable solution, and rk27 is also proven to be worthy of high end

6C7DC1B2-44B9-4969-A659-254FBB26AFC3.jpeg
D103D6A8-04CC-4BA4-963D-1D75D0444426.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018 at 3:58 PM Post #17,215 of 22,021
Time to dream of this dream again. So, inspired by DMP-Z1. I drew up a simple something dx200 owners will be dreaming off. There are reasons why I dream of this, and if this is welcomed, I will list out the reasons. It is very plausible that Ibasso will come up with this in a near future

1/ You slide in the main unit, and choose to set it to stand up, or lay down. New firmware will allow displaying spectrum 16 bands analyzers in mango mode and in android mango app. You can also choose Vu-meters

2/ your DX200 will be charged independently where as your main external amplifier unit will also be charged externally

3/ you get SE out, 4.4mm out, 2.5mm out, and line out ?

4/ the dedicated desktop amp will be using high quality components of discrete regulators, and discrete buffers, amplifications (no Op-Amp or integrated amp chips will be used)

5/ the Amp modules will be using similar Analog attenuation but not the expensive RK50. It will uses RK27 for an affordable solution, and rk27 is also proven to be worthy of high end

Like the nintendo switch!!!!!

Sep 9, 2018 at 4:26 PM Post #17,217 of 22,021
Like the nintendo switch!!!!!

Even better, and here are the technical reasons:

1/ DSD512 demands a lot of power and high current: this means that the design has to accommodate these features, for Xmos XU208 to do DSD512, it consumes a lot of power. Then there are 2x ES9028Pros which also consume a hell load. Please mind you that it consumes almost 2.5X the ES9018S and more than 1.5X the other brands flagship such as AK4497EQ. These are approximately as more detailed need to compare from data sheets

2/ In order to support #1, the Supportive components of Dx200 have to be very Low ESR On capacitors, and high precision Resistors, ultra low noise and powerful regulators have to be in there. Also, the battery is a powerful pack. It is as powerful as that it can power these internal chips and DAC board through DSD512 and then Amp8 module which has 1.2W of rating and still lasting 4-5 hours on DSD512 alone!!! Oh, and Jitters ! Any noises will be perceived as errors and it will result in Jitters, crackling or pooping whatever.....DSD512 in mango mode does not have such problem! That means the Jitters control here is excellent

*so much for those high-end DAP to claim Fenton-Second Clocks and cant do Native DSD512*, marketing!

3/ DSD512 demands so much power because it is a very high speed of transferring and processing while preserving the quality. I witness myself that my Desktop LKS-004 (2x-es9038Pro) is stuttering upon DSD512 with different filters options (this is the Amanero faults) and Dx200 does not. It beautifully playing without degrading or stuttering. Yet, let me kindly remind you all that DSD512 on Dx200 has even better details retrieval than my LKS004, but it is lacking behind in soundstage and dynamic (this is due to the limitations of amping power supply *which can easily be overcome with an external fullblown tabletop amp)

The DSD512 on dx200Ti can easily be 85% of lks004 performances in dsd512. It can outperform lks004 running pcm with dx200 doing DSD512 Native *

Dsd512 demands so much power that many other manufacturers are afraid of touching for the portable players, even if it was priced an arm and legs.

Are you excited yet ? The Dx200 is truly A Marvelous Engineering piece of equipments, and it was released almost 2 years ago. It is still ahead of many competitors, not only specifications, but is really that good, and I witness it myself. It is not only marketing, but it truly is great! It will still be future proof for some more times.

Now, with the release of a fullblown table top amps like this, we can totally dream of a fullblown discrete solid state or even tubes amps. The Dx200 main DAC unit is Marvelous! And it is possible that Ibasso will release such amps. What better is that these amps can be used for DX300 (next gen) and will also be future proof

Damn! So much future proof.....so much dreaming with facts that I can’t help but want @Paul - iBasso to make it to happen...Please

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #17,219 of 22,021
If anyone is interested in a DX200Ti PM me as I’ll be parting ways with mine. :)

I wish you had posted this like 3 weeks ago! I could have saved on shipping from Singapore. Regardless, good luck with the sale.

What are you planning to switch to in place of the DX200TI, if you don't mind me asking?

Sep 9, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #17,220 of 22,021
I wish you had posted this like 3 weeks ago! I could have saved on shipping from Singapore. Regardless, good luck with the sale.

What are you planning to switch to in place of the DX200TI, if you don't mind me asking?

He is heading this way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back