DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 9, 2018 at 7:25 PM Post #17,221 of 22,021
Sep 9, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #17,223 of 22,021
Ah, going up in price and downgrading in sound. :relaxed:
Depend on how you would take this route. Going R2R isn’t easy, especially R2R by nature is full of errors, these errors can be DSP and filtered, masked away. If it was done right then it can sound good but a tad colorful. People never dislike colored stuff anyways.

To get the R2R to do better, it needs not only an excellent source with excellent power supply and ultra low low low ESR, Jitters in the 0.05Femto seconds and so on, it also needs many FPGA to help switching the arrays correctly to avoid these errors to downgrade the sound.

On paper, that HFM is not really impressive to me, while the idea is wild, I don’t look to adopt such at a price...by any times soon. The only company able to do this would be Sony, and they had let me down on the DMP-Z1

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2018 at 11:00 PM Post #17,225 of 22,021
Depend on how you would take this route. Going R2R isn’t easy, especially R2R by nature is full of errors, these errors can be DSP and filtered, masked away. If it was done right then it can sound good but a tad colorful. People never dislike colored stuff anyways.

To get the R2R to do better, it needs not only an excellent source with excellent power supply and ultra low low low ESR, Jitters in the 0.05Femto seconds and so on, it also needs many FPGA to help switching the arrays correctly to avoid these errors to downgrade the sound.

On paper, that HFM is not really impressive to me, while the idea is wild, I don’t look to adopt such at a price...by any times soon. The only company able to do this would be Sony, and they had let me down on the DMP-Z1
I thought he is going to get SP-1000M which costs $2.5K and I read somewhere that SP-100 has been received some not too good reviews?!
Yeah, I'm the one that wants to sell the DX200Ti to get the Hifiman R2R2000 :p

Sep 10, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #17,227 of 22,021
DX208 is one of the best DAPs out there. I've not heard the R6 but from my readings the DX200 w/ AMP8 will trounce it.

Dang, I honestly hoped it wouldn't. I looked forward to reading that the difference is there but not big. "Sorry about yer wallet" etc. yet again :/

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Sep 10, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #17,228 of 22,021
DX200 software update
have DL the latest, zipped up
start update
checking the package
verifying failed, check your package :wink:

have tried a different update version, same answer

any suggestions ?

After downloading the DX200FW2.10.215OTA.zip file, where did you store it to? Did you try putting it under the root location of your SD card?

Sep 10, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #17,235 of 22,021

Users who are viewing this thread

Back