DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Sep 10, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #17,236 of 22,021
Unit looks nice but why such a huge black border around screen, they need to shrink that it ruins it for me.
Only referring to Mango OS
200w.gif

Sep 11, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #17,237 of 22,021
Posted this elsewhere, but thought might as well share it here...

Interesting and promising offer from Massdrop:-

One of the thing that caught my attention - 4.4mm balanced in right-angled build (for AMP8 lovers)... now, correct me if I'm wrong but that's not easy to come by at this price.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mee-audio-2-pin-balanced-cable-set

10167947.jpg

Sep 11, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #17,238 of 22,021
Posted this elsewhere, but thought might as well share it here...

Interesting and promising offer from Massdrop:-

One of the thing that caught my attention - 4.4mm balanced in right-angled build (for AMP8 lovers)... now, correct me if I'm wrong but that's not easy to come by at this price.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-mee-audio-2-pin-balanced-cable-set

10167947.jpg

It's a good budget cable, been using their mmcx version since a year ago. But the adapter itself is not the highest quality, and while using 4.4mm adapter by itself with my other high end cables and comparing to other brand name adapters, I find mee adapter to degrade the sound quality a bit, takes the sparkle away.

Sep 11, 2018 at 12:23 PM Post #17,239 of 22,021
So my DX200 is on it’s way back for repair, popped it in to DHL yesterday lunchtime.
It’s now completed customs clearance in Hong Kong. So from London to Hong Kong in 24 hours, not bad considering I ordered some materials for work on Sunday expecting it to be shipped Monday, a distance of about 300 miles and I’ll get it Thursday. Maybe that’s the difference between DHL and Yodel lol

Sep 11, 2018 at 1:01 PM Post #17,240 of 22,021
So my DX200 is on it’s way back for repair, popped it in to DHL yesterday lunchtime.
It’s now completed customs clearance in Hong Kong. So from London to Hong Kong in 24 hours, not bad considering I ordered some materials for work on Sunday expecting it to be shipped Monday, a distance of about 300 miles and I’ll get it Thursday. Maybe that’s the difference between DHL and Yodel lol

That is pretty faster than FedEx here in USA. My DX200TI is arrived today (shipped out on Friday last week) :worried:

Sep 11, 2018 at 2:22 PM Post #17,242 of 22,021
recently bought @McCol 's DX200 and it arrived safely today in pristine condition, pretty much mint :k701smile:

quick question, is there any downside to installing the most recent hiby music app in regards to the signal chain / audio quality? Might I in any way be inhibiting the DX200 this way? Already tested it and hiby link is running flawless

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #17,243 of 22,021
recently bought @McCol 's DX200 and it arrived safely today in pristine condition, pretty much mint :k701smile:

quick question, is there any downside to installing the most recent hiby music app in regards to the signal chain / audio quality? Might I in any way be inhibiting the DX200 this way? Already tested it and hiby link is running flawless

Simply download and install Lurker FW which never affects to the sound. :slight_smile:

Sep 11, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #17,244 of 22,021
Simply download and install Lurker FW which never affects to the sound. :slight_smile:

thing is I have Lurkers FW on it already but the configured version of the outdated hiby player he used (I know he did that on purpose/for a reason, I read up on his commentary) doesnt have the hiby link feature : S and the sole reason I wana use hiby is to use the bluetooth remote feature hiby link offers so I can control the DX200 with my Note 9..

Sep 11, 2018 at 3:36 PM Post #17,245 of 22,021
ok scratch my last comment I just realized there's a bluetooth dac feature crawling through this thread and it sounds better to my ear than hiby link for some reason : ) and I'm actually still on the fence when it comes to mango vs bluetooth dac via my note 9.. somehow playing it in mango just sounds fantastic, usb dac does as well but it's either a placebo or I am picking up slight differences between the two, wired via mango being pretty much flawless whereas something is different via the bluetooth dac route.. but I can't put my finger on what exactly it is yet.. maybe I'm hearing ghosts

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #17,246 of 22,021
ok scratch my last comment I just realized there's a bluetooth dac feature crawling through this thread and it sounds better to my ear than hiby link for some reason : ) and I'm actually still on the fence when it comes to mango vs bluetooth dac via my note 9.. somehow playing it in mango just sounds fantastic, usb dac does as well but it's either a placebo or I am picking up slight differences between the two, wired via mango being pretty much flawless whereas something is different via the bluetooth dac route.. but I can't put my finger on what exactly it is yet.. maybe I'm hearing ghosts

You are not wrong, the mango mode is being perfected from practicality to sound performances and I witnessed it all along. The Android as an OS is always affecting the performances in some negative ways that many manufacturers are turning into their own OS. The awesome thing about Ibasso is that Mango is not...Android remake like Astel&Kern

Anyways, with good usb cables, the Dx200 in mango mode is excellent as an external DAC/USB. Bluetooth isn’t bad, but it is lossy compressions. When you compared it to a wired and good softwares for bit perfect, ofcourse the wired will win over.

I love Bluetooth/DAC though, it is useful and helpful when I want to listen to my hard to drive Hd800s by browsing YouTube or watching Netflix! Awesome by the way

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #17,248 of 22,021
Did anyone compared amp8/amp4 vs amp3
Looking at frequencie response on amp8/amp4 they are at 15hz to 45khz
While amp3 is 10hz to 45khz.
Does this mean amp3 has more sub bass?
Can any one share there experience please.

Sep 11, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #17,249 of 22,021
Did anyone compared amp8/amp4 vs amp3
Looking at frequencie response on amp8/amp4 they are at 15hz to 45khz
While amp3 is 10hz to 45khz.
Does this mean amp3 has more sub bass?
Can any one share there experience please.

Only if you can hear below 20Hz. And if you do, you still have to find a recording that actually have content on that region.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #17,250 of 22,021
But the adapter itself is not the highest quality, and while using 4.4mm adapter by itself with my other high end cables and comparing to other brand name adapters, I find mee adapter to degrade the sound quality a bit, takes the sparkle away.

What now? Adapter changes sound quality too and not just cables? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Hahaa... okay, discussion for another topic but yeah, call me a skeptic. :deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back