DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 7, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #3,917 of 22,021
at least there is someone whom I share the same opinion that Mango sound is better than android after full burn in.

Had not tried this mode before due to some comments about performance and some opinions that prefer mango in android mode in sound performance.

I've read artpiggo and likwacheng comment. I immediately swap to Mango OS. In android mode, balanced, soundstage is improved, seperation is on another level but sound thinner than single end. In Mango OS, also balanced, I have everything from android mode with fuller sound, vocal is more intimate and sing lively.

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #3,919 of 22,021
Maybe the Dac is underutilized to preserve the battery when in android mode as the quad processor needed for the os. When in mango, the dac is fully utilized and the main proc is underutilized. Thats why it sounds better in mango mode. Just my 2cent

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #3,922 of 22,021
Well, it looks like I got lucky and my DX200 is with touch problems. As related before, very very annoying, and crazy.

I will return it probably tomorrow and who knows how long it will takes to get the other and I still need to pay for shipping and all...

Try android mode, it is snappier than Mango OS mode.

Try open development option, and set all animation scale to .5x. It will give you a little faster when transition.

Feb 7, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #3,923 of 22,021
I have once email to paul and he said he love mango OS's sound more than android's also.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:04 AM Post #3,926 of 22,021
I'm sure Paul said there is literally zero difference in SQ when using the stripped down version over the full. The mind will often hear what it subconsciously wants/expects to hear. Then again, maybe there is a difference.

Sorry, but I didn't read anything about the Mango OS before. I switch to Mango OS simply because I want to try all the things out. But when I hit the play button, i just wowed.The difference is just there and it's undeniable.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:07 AM Post #3,927 of 22,021
I'm sure Paul said there is literally zero difference in SQ when using the stripped down version over the full. The mind will often hear what it subconsciously wants/expects to hear. Then again, maybe there is a difference.

Yes, well, iBasso also denied that there was any SQ or sound signature differences between the different official FW releases for the DX100, but nearly all of the DX100 users agreed there was.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #3,928 of 22,021
Hello, someone experiences with lag in mango OS? On android, it works without problems.

And the duration of battery for android and mango os is the same?

Best regards

For anyone who is experiencing lag in Mango OS, I do too when i first switch to it. But then I rescan the library on Mango OS and it works just fine. Quite smooth no lagging but not as good as Android. Though I'm still using Mango because of the better sound.

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #3,929 of 22,021
FYR, I'm using MDR-Z1R, HD800 and a pair of Hong Kong local CIEMs which have 8 BA drivers on each side.

Are you able to drive the HD800 without an amp easily? If so, then the dx200 definitely gets on top of my list

Users who are viewing this thread

Back