DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 7, 2017 at 10:41 AM Post #3,932 of 22,021
Feb 7, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #3,933 of 22,021
Well
Are you able to drive the HD800 without an amp easily? If so, then the dx200 definitely gets on top of my list
Well this is hard to tell. Everyone has a different definition of "effectively driven". For me, although I listen to music a lot, I'm quite protective to my ears. So for me, when listening to classical music at home or a quiet place, around 85 - 95 of volume on high gain can already drive the HD800 with a sufficient volume. When push to 115-120, the volume on HD800 is already quite intolerable for me. About the direct driven sound quality, I would say it's already quite good for a portable DAP. Of course it's not as good as driven by my tube amp, but the instrument separation and the details of the sound are already on point. On my tube amp, the orchestra sounds like performing on stage with distance. On DX200, it sounds like performing surrounding me which means less airiness. But the details, high extension, separation, etc. is on point. DX200 can drive HD800 with ok sound stage, just not as good as with my tube amp.
P.S. HD800 driven with original cable by 3.5mm unbalanced output

Feb 7, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #3,935 of 22,021
Try android mode, it is snappier than Mango OS mode.

Try open development option, and set all animation scale to .5x. It will give you a little faster when transition.

I already tried. It's not only a big lag, the touch screen doesn't work properly, it's not responsive. I put my finger many times in many parts of the screen and nothing happens.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #3,937 of 22,021
I'm sure Paul said there is literally zero difference in SQ when using the stripped down version over the full. The mind will often hear what it subconsciously wants/expects to hear. Then again, maybe there is a difference.

I do not remember saying this. If I did I would take it back.

Paul, you little devil you...

I am bad?

I already tried. It's not only a big lag, the touch screen doesn't work properly, it's not responsive. I put my finger many times in many parts of the screen and nothing happens.

Have you updated to the latest FW? Some screens had issues and the latest FW solved this.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 7, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #3,938 of 22,021
jeffhawke

I wanna ask about their sound signature is compliment to each other or not, not how it drive the headphone

:)

They work together quite well :) If you are a classical music listener, then this combination is just for you. The analytical ability on dx200 is like a beast. I dare to say that it even presents details better than AK380+amp。Also it has great soundstage and separation. So with the HD800, the whole presentation is quite united. Very opened and live like sounding with accurate and least colored realistic tonality.

Feb 7, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #3,939 of 22,021
They work together quite well :) If you are a classical music listener, then this combination is just for you. The analytical ability on dx200 is like a beast. I dare to say that it even presents details better than AK380+amp。Also it has great soundstage and separation. So with the HD800, the whole presentation is quite united. Very opened and live like sounding with accurate and least colored realistic tonality.

Ah! There's answer I waited for.

Thanks likwacheng for answer
and thanks jeffhawke for correcting me

Feb 7, 2017 at 4:24 PM Post #3,942 of 22,021
Mine reached Australia quickly, 2-3 days. Then the TNT courier driver decided he'd drive my DX200 around Sydney in his van for 2-days before casually knocking on my door late in the afternoon asking if I could walk down to his van and get it..

The rage was real.

Hey H20, can you advise how much customs duty etc you had to pay. I'm in Australia too. Message me if you prefer.

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #3,943 of 22,021
Try android mode, it is snappier than Mango OS mode.

Try open development option, and set all animation scale to .5x. It will gie you a little faster when transition.

Where exactly in the DX200 Android settings did you find Developer mode??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back