DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 8, 2017 at 2:36 AM Post #3,961 of 22,021

On a good day, I can get up to about 105. 
eek.gif

I think what chiyut means by reach that level. he mean about he never reach to 8 hr play time extent 

Feb 8, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #3,962 of 22,021

I think what chiyut means by reach that level. he mean about he never reach to 8 hr play time extent 

Arrr, I see now. That will serve me right for not reading properly...

Btw, does anyone know if its possible to take screenshots with DX200? For example, the user interface?

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #3,964 of 22,021

I know, I know, volume level. 

it will depend on a few factors such as the recording, IEM / Headphone sensitivity. 

With my current IEM 105 - low gain is about my upper limit.

Dynamics are really kicking in by this stage...

On low gain single ended I stay below 70 on the AAW900, which are normally sensitive.

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #3,966 of 22,021
Hello All,

I know they are different price bracket and quality.

However, could any tell difference between dx200 vs FiioX5(III)

Thanks

FiiO x5iii can fight what price twice of him but it can't win dx200 yet.

Ibasso Dx200 also can fight what price twice of him too.

If you can afford dx200, go for it. You'll get TOTL DAP around.

If you have far way to go, you can rest at x5iii and upgrade your headphone. Later, when you're ready to get something that more expensive than x5iii and dx200, go for something else but I can't guarantee that you'll get something sound better than dx200 :wink:

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #3,967 of 22,021
Hello All,

I know they are different price bracket and quality.

However, could any tell difference between dx200 vs FiioX5(III)

Thanks

X5iii is towards flat sounding / smooth treble and a bit shy vocal. while DX200 is (slightly) warmer sounding with more impact and fuller/juicier mid and more extended treble. For, Quantity and tightness of bass of both device is quite equal.

Resolution, separation, soundstage (especially depth), I give DX200 has a upper hand. Nonetheless, fiio x5 iii still is a great all rounder device in the reason price range.

Feb 8, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #3,968 of 22,021
Feb 8, 2017 at 7:12 AM Post #3,969 of 22,021
Testing OTG type C > ifi silencer > micro sd card reader is also working. Still cant hear any changes with storage since it is designed for usb dac.

Tomorrow I would like to go test with ifi defender + powerbank combi. Hope I not need to spend more money. lol.

Feb 8, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #3,970 of 22,021
@koluludome

I currently own Dunu2000 as Iem, Jaybird x2 as wifi and Meze 99 as over ear. My reason of course 1 is price, other was storage space that devices offered. Not having heard both of them, and going for a blind purchase wanted to know take some opinions. Both are not available in my country currently so I would not get a chance to test either of them.  Though thank you for helping me on this.

Feb 8, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #3,974 of 22,021
Can anyone speak to how well the DX200 works as a desktop DAC? I want a device that has the new ES9023, so I'm trying to talk myself into spending $800.

Although I don't have a Windoze or Mac to test with, I can say that the DX200 works perfectly as a desktop DAC with my Linux desktop computer. No drivers needed and is recognized immediately upon connection. Volume can be controlled either by my computer or via the DX200 volume control.

It was not recognized by my Chromebook.

Feb 8, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #3,975 of 22,021
How is the pairing between Andros and dx200? Any special benefits from dx200?

I've only ever used my Andros with the DX200, so I couldn't say how it fairs against other DAPs in this regard.

Very brief points that I can make:

- Super wide stage, its like the music is running not just left and right, but left to right, a little down and up, through the centre and back of my head. Overall sound is slightly distant. As close to a headphone as an IEM can get, as far as my experience goes anyway.

- As my colleague said today, 'YOU CAN HEAR EVERYTHING'. I think his volume may have been a little high, bloody good point though.

- Highs are clear, not piercing. 

- Mids just about right, a smidgen forward at times.

- The bass is very satisfying. In many earphones, I find the bass is either always there or lost entirely. With this combo, the bass is very well behaved: If its not called upon, it won't interfere, but when your track calls for it, it will make itself very well known, without disturbing the other frequencies. 

- Texture, detail and separation (separation, separation, separation, separation, separation) throughout the range is really good.

- Notes which would normally start quietly then become louder and louder, don't simply get louder, they emerge from the silence. Sounds silly, but that's how I'd describe it.

- People sometimes say that individually, the DX200 and Andro are more laid back than others. Well, I've never head 'The fire rises' from 'The Dark Knight Rises' sound so menacing. I'm not left feeling short on 'slam and attack' with any genre. I'm not really into dance music, but man, 'Three Triangles' by 'Hardwell' sounds so damned good! I'm not a 'that bass!' sort of guy... but... That bass!

- I've literally never heard better musicality: I'm so engaged with everything, I'm an almost complete introvert most of the time, but I often want to get up and dance my ass off... I don't like dancing and I have a huge 'squatter's ass' - enough said? Haha. Anyway...

- Eh, if I'm being mega picky, cellos could sound fractionally better and there's a touch of hiss (which I soon forget about), but that's literally it.

Downside... I may now be selling my LCD-X and Mjolnir 2, though I may keep them for the convenience of headphones.

Honestly, The Andro and DX200 are amazing. Best money I've spent on audio.

I'll be loaning them out to a fellow Welsh head-fier this weekend, so you may have a better and more informative opinion soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back