1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261
263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272
Next

Last
  1. mrhizzo

In accessoryjack.com
    I buy there since a long time.

2. koluludome

Had not tried this mode before due to some comments about performance and some opinions that prefer mango in android mode in sound performance.

I've read artpiggo and likwacheng comment. I immediately swap to Mango OS. In android mode, balanced, soundstage is improved, seperation is on another level but sound thinner than single end. In Mango OS, also balanced, I have everything from android mode with fuller sound, vocal is more intimate and sing lively.

3. odevans
    I'm sure Paul said there is literally zero difference in SQ when using the stripped down version over the full. The mind will often hear what it subconsciously wants/expects to hear. Then again, maybe there is a difference.

davidmolliere likes this.
  4. irrefleumas
    Maybe the Dac is underutilized to preserve the battery when in android mode as the quad processor needed for the os. When in mango, the dac is fully utilized and the main proc is underutilized. Thats why it sounds better in mango mode. Just my 2cent

jeffhawke likes this.
  5. JacquesDewitt
    Hello, someone experiences with lag in mango OS? On android, it works without problems.

And the duration of battery for android and mango os is the same?

Best regards

6. koluludome

Same, but I have to live with it since Mango OS give me such a great experience of listening :wink:

7. koluludome

Try android mode, it is snappier than Mango OS mode.

Try open development option, and set all animation scale to .5x. It will give you a little faster when transition.

8. artpiggo
    I have once email to paul and he said he love mango OS's sound more than android's also.

Glasha likes this.
  9. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Paul, you little devil you...

10. likwacheng
    FYR, I'm using MDR-Z1R, HD800 and a pair of Hong Kong local CIEMs which have 8 BA drivers on each side.

11. likwacheng
    Sorry, but I didn't read anything about the Mango OS before. I switch to Mango OS simply because I want to try all the things out. But when I hit the play button, i just wowed.The difference is just there and it's undeniable.

12. the wizard of oz
    Yes, well, iBasso also denied that there was any SQ or sound signature differences between the different official FW releases for the DX100, but nearly all of the DX100 users agreed there was.

13. likwacheng
    For anyone who is experiencing lag in Mango OS, I do too when i first switch to it. But then I rescan the library on Mango OS and it works just fine. Quite smooth no lagging but not as good as Android. Though I'm still using Mango because of the better sound.

14. jeffhawke
    Are you able to drive the HD800 without an amp easily? If so, then the dx200 definitely gets on top of my list

15. headwhacker
    HD800 is an easy-peasy for DX200.

First

Back
252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261
263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272
Next

Last