DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Feb 6, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #3,901 of 22,021
  I've done some quick comparing with DX90, DX80, over the last few days.

I would definitely label DX200 closer to DX90's voicing, which isn't really surprising, its the iBasso unit I've liked the most (up until DX200)

Loved the DX90, but I traded up for an R10. Unfortunately it quick broke down on me. Glad DX200 is here.

Feb 7, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #3,902 of 22,021
Initial impressions?

Been using one for 2 years now, as I received a beta test set from them previously. The truth cable is, simply put the most detailed cable I have heard. Th resolution is fantastic. To describe what I hear, listening to fine textured with even the DHC Complement 4, the DHC sounds like little fine rocks while the truth sounds like fine sand, not sure if it make sure sense. It is very spacious, but not necessarily the most compared to other top of the line cables (complement 4 sounds really open). It is not really a silver cable and as such has an incredibly impactful yet Super tight bass impact.

The truth copper to my ears actually sounds a tad more open, possibly a tad more detailed and with a more neutral bass, but a tad lusher mids. Overall both are extremely resolving cables, and were what made me believe in cables.

ExpatinJapan did you get them from Dita directly? :)

Feb 7, 2017 at 2:28 AM Post #3,903 of 22,021

Loved the DX90, but I traded up for an R10. Unfortunately it quick broke down on me. Glad DX200 is here.

DX90 is one of my favorite players, it aligns with my preferences and especially synergy wise with the (original) 1Plus2 hybird, but also in part with the pure silver Tralucent branded cable being a requirement. I was thrilled when DX200 took on a more mature version of this voicing over something warm, think, dull. The only issue I find with 1Plus2.2 / DX200 is the soundstage width single ended doesn't quite reach out enough, another small self-inflicted issue, it can sound almost too detailed at times, vocals are extremely full, vibrant. More a trait of the synergy than DX200 itself. None the less I still have many hours to place on DX200 and its nothing short of excellent if I'm not nit picking.

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #3,905 of 22,021
Been using one for 2 years now, as I received a beta test set from them previously. The truth cable is, simply put the most detailed cable I have heard. Th resolution is fantastic. To describe what I hear, listening to fine textured with even the DHC Complement 4, the DHC sounds like little fine rocks while the truth sounds like fine sand, not sure if it make sure sense. It is very spacious, but not necessarily the most compared to other top of the line cables (complement 4 sounds really open). It is not really a silver cable and as such has an incredibly impactful yet Super tight bass impact.

The truth copper to my ears actually sounds a tad more open, possibly a tad more detailed and with a more neutral bass, but a tad lusher mids. Overall both are extremely resolving cables, and were what made me believe in cables.

@ExpatinJapan did you get them from Dita directly?
smily_headphones1.gif

Oh you are talking about the cable.

I have the CM version of the Truth cable. Previously I was using my A12 with OC Studio OCau but it was quite thick and too imitate. I get the dita cable and the dx200 at the same time so I am not qutie sure if it's the power of the cable or dx200.
Bass is less but more refined. Mids are placed a little bit far then OCau. They sound more dynamic. Details are even better. Sounds are less full but quite airy. Excellent details as well. Although it's a copper cable, but it sounds like a silver cable IMO.
It is really a fun cable especially it can switch between 3.5 and 2.5mm.

Feb 7, 2017 at 3:18 AM Post #3,906 of 22,021
Good synergy like you pared it to Vegas.

Background noise is low even Andromeda is one hell of sensitive IEM even not the most sensitive one.

Seperation is up scale to another level.

With this great iem, you'll hear the level of TOTL DAP sound :)

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:15 AM Post #3,908 of 22,021

DX90 is one of my favorite players, it aligns with my preferences and especially synergy wise with the (original) 1Plus2 hybird, but also in part with the pure silver Tralucent branded cable being a requirement. I was thrilled when DX200 took on a more mature version of this voicing over something warm, think, dull. The only issue I find with 1Plus2.2 / DX200 is the soundstage width single ended doesn't quite reach out enough, another small self-inflicted issue, it can sound almost too detailed at times, vocals are extremely full, vibrant. More a trait of the synergy than DX200 itself. None the less I still have many hours to place on DX200 and its nothing short of excellent if I'm not nit picking.

Yeah, I would have kept my DX90, had I not listened to R10. With Rockbox on it, it was my ultimate player. I had a jaw dropping moment with R10 when I listened to it that when the opportunity presented I let my DX90 go . Since then, I was looking at something similar, but could not seem to find the one.

I thought X7 could be the one since it is built around the same DAC as R10/DX100. But the bugs and noisy am3 for iem just ruined the experience for me. 

When iBasso used two ES9028Pro, and a powerful amp I thought they went nuts and just went after specs one-up-manship. Mim's impressions plus Paul's assurance the annoying bugs/issues (e.g. gapless, pop/thump shutdown/startup) from DX90 gone and the impressive power/noise level is enough for me to take a plunge without hearing it first. I had my doubts to be honest and will not do it on other brands. But I trust iBasso when it comes to SQ and always liked how their players sound with the iems I have. 

Lets see with future FW updates how DX200 will evolve. But I can say as of now that DX200 has a very good start compared to DX90 and especially DX50. Kudos to iBasso. 

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:39 AM Post #3,909 of 22,021
Feb 7, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #3,910 of 22,021
Feb 7, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #3,911 of 22,021
I had both AK380+amp and DX200. After 200 hrs of burn in of the DX200 I literally sold my AK380+amp. If you are using Android OS or tidal or any player in the android OS, you are not fully utilizing the dx200. Please press and hold the power button for three seconds and switch to Mango OS. The difference between Mango OS and Android OS is surprisingly significant! The soundstage, imaging and power instantly enhanced by switching the OS. On Mango OS, the DX200 is absolutely comparable to AK380+amp. Both have excellent soundstage and imaging. The difference is that the DX200 is more dynamic while ak380 produces smoother sound. The difference is just on sound tuning but not on quality or ability. I end up selling my ak380+amp which I own and used for 3 months and I don't feel any degrading at all.
Comparing to the Sony Wm1z/a, the DX200 has better soundstage, imaging and analytical ability, while wm1z/a has better bass and warmer and more concentrated sound. Some may say DX200 is lack of bass but it's EQ can easily fulfill your bass needs. So if you are a Sony Fan or a super bass head or loving more intimate sound, then go for wm1z/a,but if you are looking for soundstage, imaging, analytical ability, transparency and clarity, DX200 is just a winner. DP-X1/a or fiio is just not at the same league.
At last, please don't waste the dap and start using Mango OS on dx200

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:09 AM Post #3,912 of 22,021
I had both AK380+amp and DX200. After 200 hrs of burn in of the DX200 I literally sold my AK380+amp. If you are using Android OS or tidal or any player in the android OS, you are not fully utilizing the dx200. Please press and hold the power button for three seconds and switch to Mango OS. The difference between Mango OS and Android OS is surprisingly significant! The soundstage, imaging and power instantly enhanced by switching the OS. On Mango OS, the DX200 is absolutely comparable to AK380+amp. Both have excellent soundstage and imaging. The difference is that the DX200 is more dynamic while ak380 produces smoother sound. The difference is just on sound tuning but not on quality or ability. I end up selling my ak380+amp which I own and used for 3 months and I don't feel any degrading at all.
Comparing to the Sony Wm1z/a, the DX200 has better soundstage, imaging and analytical ability, while wm1z/a has better bass and warmer and more concentrated sound. Some may say DX200 is lack of bass but it's EQ can easily fulfill your bass needs. So if you are a Sony Fan or a super bass head or loving more intimate sound, then go for wm1z/a,but if you are looking for soundstage, imaging, analytical ability, transparency and clarity, DX200 is just a winner. DP-X1/a or fiio is just not at the same league.

at least there is someone whom I share the same opinion that Mango sound is better than android after full burn in.

Feb 7, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #3,913 of 22,021

Your take on the dx200/Mango OS is an excellent heads-up, and very detailed, thanks! May I ask what kind of headphones have you been using?

Feb 7, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #3,914 of 22,021
Well, it looks like I got lucky and my DX200 is with touch problems. As related before, very very annoying, and crazy.

I will return it probably tomorrow and who knows how long it will takes to get the other and I still need to pay for shipping and all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back