DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 1, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #1,141 of 22,021
I am going to chime in here again now that I have a temporary DAC solution that will last another 6 months or more...

Please consider a cradle or docking station of some sort that allows the DX200 to have a prominent position on the desktop and serve as a desktop computer DAC or as a stand alone music streamer, with balanced cables running a line level signal to a balanced desktop amp. Like the Cavalli Liquid Carbon v2 that I just happen to now own :)

Maybe I am just being selfish here, but I am convinced there is a market for folks to have a high quality DAP to drive headphones on the go, but then continue to serve as the primary music source at office and home destinations, plugging into desktop DACs perhaps, or straight into desktop amps most definitely.

Something that helps manage cables and presents the DX200 in a fixed upright position would be practical and classy. I would buy two of them, one for home and one for the office.

I fully support this. I'd like to be able to plug it into a base, skip the onboard amp and use a desktop amp for home listening. Then unplug it and take it with me on the go and plug my K10's into it for my portable setup.

Nov 2, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #1,142 of 22,021
From way back (on the basis of no evidence whatsoever) I had convinced myself the dx200 would be out before Christmas. I want one under my tree from me to me!!

Now what with waiting for reviews and postal times it ain't going to happen. Boy am I disappointed....

Nov 2, 2016 at 10:18 AM Post #1,144 of 22,021
From way back (on the basis of no evidence whatsoever) I had convinced myself the dx200 would be out before Christmas. I want one under my tree from me to me!!

Now what with waiting for reviews and postal times it ain't going to happen. Boy am I disappointed....

It should be here by Christmas... of 2017
beyersmile.png

Nov 2, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #1,147 of 22,021
They said this year for sure...

This year would be nice
rolleyes.gif

Well, at least you already have another amazing new toy (dap) to play around with in the meantime.
Am I jealous over here? Hell yeah!
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #1,152 of 22,021
I hope they keep it the same as fiio x7. It would probably blow it away if it is a more refined product. I like how ibasso is handling this thread. Instead of hyping it and releasing an unfinished product, they are taking there time to make sure it launches well. If it comes before Xmas, will definitely get one.

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #1,153 of 22,021
Kerouac, not too sure about this, waiting to see what the real thing looks like and how much they sell it.

I'm also waiting on price + some impressions / reviews first, but iBasso products have never disappointed me so far. And usually they have a very good price/performance ratio.
The NW-WM1A is also on my radar, but if I should buy the WM1Z (like you did) I would have to tell my kids that Santa's not coming over to our house for the next 15 years
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #1,154 of 22,021
It still might but what I said was if I wait for reviews and given postal times to the uk if it was released tomorrow I would be unlikely to get a dx200 by Christmas.

Did Paul really assure us of a 2016 release?

I searched the thread and maybe I missed it but I haven't seen Paul post anything other than there is no timeline for the product to be released.

Maybe the 2016 date was posted elsewhere or someone got their facts mixed up and a rumor was started.

Nov 3, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #1,155 of 22,021
It still might but what I said was if I wait for reviews and given postal times to the uk if it was released tomorrow I would be unlikely to get a dx200 by Christmas.

Did Paul really assure us of a 2016 release?

I searched the thread and maybe I missed it but I haven't seen Paul post anything other than there is no timeline for the product to be released.

Maybe the 2016 date was posted elsewhere or someone got their facts mixed up and a rumor was started.

It's here and next pages... Nothing official.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/791531/dx200-the-style-has-been-chosen-by-your-votes-details-of-design-and-features-on-1st-page/1005#post_12884579

Users who are viewing this thread

Back