1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Next

Last
  1. Kerouac

It better does [​IMG]

Counting on at least the same (probably even better) sq than DX100 (+ improved UI & batterylife) myself.
    Anything less would be a real disappointment for me...

Under 1K$ would be nice too [​IMG] 

2. Cecala

I think they will provide excellent SQ comparable to the 'best' at there, although that case design is starting to bother me. It looks so 90's to me in a way. They should make it all black and apply a very slick UI over android. For the price, they will offer serious competition to Sony and others.

3. Onetwothree
    Is the amp in this being built to be able to drive headphones such as the HD800? I'm trying to decide between a chord mojo paired with my existing iPhone or a stand alone player.

Simplicity and convienece is an important factor for me. I'd prefer not to fiddle with 3rd party apps or cables or multiple batteries to charge etc.

4. Mython Contributor

As has been stated in this thread, the DX200 is intended to have a number of different amp modules, depending on personal requirements.

For example:

5. Onetwothree

Thanks. Just have to wait and see now.

6. Greggo
    I am going to chime in here again now that I have a temporary DAC solution that will last another 6 months or more...

Please consider a cradle or docking station of some sort that allows the DX200 to have a prominent position on the desktop and serve as a desktop computer DAC or as a stand alone music streamer, with balanced cables running a line level signal to a balanced desktop amp. Like the Cavalli Liquid Carbon v2 that I just happen to now own :)

Maybe I am just being selfish here, but I am convinced there is a market for folks to have a high quality DAP to drive headphones on the go, but then continue to serve as the primary music source at office and home destinations, plugging into desktop DACs perhaps, or straight into desktop amps most definitely.

Something that helps manage cables and presents the DX200 in a fixed upright position would be practical and classy. I would buy two of them, one for home and one for the office.

jeffhawke and BarDash like this.
  7. HiFiChris Contributor
    A stand somewhat similar to the Cowon Plenue S docking station would be amazing.

I'm totally with you, @Greggo.

8. artpiggo
    +1

9. esm87
    I wonder... if this dx200 will sound better than my mojo with galaxy s6 edge plus.

If so, may very well have to upgrade and sell mojo, would love to have an incredible sounding DAP running Tidal whilst im on my travels. The convenience to me would be awesome

10. wirefriend
    I prefer DX100 to S6+Mojo. IMO DX100 has better texture of low end. Mojo had a bit better spatial positioning. I sold the Mojo. It is very likely that DX200 will be better than S6+Mojo.

11. esm87
    cool, be interesting to reads peoples opinions on both, thanks

12. Dephezz
    I wish DX80s battery drain issue wont migrate to DX200. Honestly i like my DX80 but after i charge it and leave it 'off' for one-two days - i find my DX80 with 70-80% and need to charge it again.
    I tested how long this dap can play flac with my UE900 new out of the box - 10.5 hours. Now its only 7 hours. 3 months of use. Confused... 

13. twister6 Contributor

That's not a typical behavior, contact iBasso under warranty.

14. Dephezz
    Maybe this is due to using DX80 as a PC DAC, because of continuous charging from USB? Can battery capacity be reduced as a consequence of continous charging in theory?  

15. twister6 Contributor

Batteries age, but not that drastically.  I mean, who knows, but I would still contact iBasso or the place where you purchased it while you are still under warranty.  Also, maybe a good idea to post this question under DX80 section of the forum to see if anybody else experienced the same.

Dephezz likes this.
First

Back
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
Next

Last