DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 18, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #12,901 of 22,021
To add my 2 cents here... I kinda agree that amp5 sound warmer and could be a tad muddy as compared to the balanced amp3. I for one could not stand muddiness once I've tasted clarity.

Despite all the rave on Amp4 or Amp4s, after going back and forth between 3 and 4... I ended up with Amp3 as I couldn't hear significant improvement in the Amp4... and to get a converter for 4.4.... it's just a little too troublesome there.

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #12,903 of 22,021
Not sure what you've tried yet but if you don't use a 5Ghz WiFi connection you are prone to noise on the DX200. Switch to 5G and it should stop (assuming I've understood your issue currently and the noise occurs when streaming).
Well here’s the thing, I can’t connect to 5G either lol. On the advice of a friend I downloaded WiFi Analyzer app and sure enough it found it and in turn the DX200 found it. Well it lost it again and other than take Lurker’s FW off I’ve tried everything to fix the issue.
+1 issue is with lower band width, no issue at 5G.
Have anywhere from 52-86mbps down over WiFi. Would 5G really help in this case?

Apr 18, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #12,904 of 22,021
Well here’s the thing, I can’t connect to 5G either lol. On the advice of a friend I downloaded WiFi Analyzer app and sure enough it found it and in turn the DX200 found it. Well it lost it again and other than take Lurker’s FW off I’ve tried everything to fix the issue.

Lol, you need to find it again. This isn't a recurring issue though. I onlyonly had to use the WiFi Analyzer App once months ago when I had the same issue (my 5G connection disappeared as an option on the DX200 but not on other devices). Paul helped me out and it worked ever since.

It's not about the speed of the connection... tbh I don't know the tech reasons why but basically yeah, you should use a 5G connection or you're likely to get noise.

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #12,905 of 22,021
Lol, you need to find it again. This isn't a recurring issue though. I onlyonly had to use the WiFi Analyzer App once months ago when I had the same issue (my 5G connection disappeared as an option on the DX200 but not on other devices). Paul helped me out and it worked ever since.

It's not about the speed of the connection... tbh I don't know the tech reasons why but basically yeah, you should use a 5G connection or you're likely to get noise.
Yep, same here used it once and bingo. I'm completely stumped now. DX200 can find 3 other 5G networks around me but not mine 10ft away. Like I mentioned I've tried everything so far. I think I need to take Lurkers new FW off to troubleshoot. No 5G issues with version L0

Apr 18, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #12,906 of 22,021
I have never had issues connecting to 5g since L0 or L1 actually. I have tried multiple networks and all worked fine. Is it possible that your router’s 5ghz frequency is not set at the correct bandwidth? If you can locate other 5g network around you, these means that there’s probably an issue with your router.

Either restart it or check it’s 5g connection bandwidth.

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #12,908 of 22,021

I was using 2.5G and encountered the cracking intermittently issue, changed to5g and have not had any since. Just a quick question are you using Lurkers USB Audio fix? You might want to turn it off and see if that affects Tidal, I don't think it should,but you never know.

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #12,909 of 22,021
I have never had issues connecting to 5g since L0 or L1 actually. I have tried multiple networks and all worked fine. Is it possible that your router’s 5ghz frequency is not set at the correct bandwidth? If you can locate other 5g network around you, these means that there’s probably an issue with your router.

Either restart it or check it’s 5g connection bandwidth.
Ya, it really should just work. Was fine on L0. BTW every device I own can connect to my 5G wifi, and yes restart was the first troubleshoot. Going back to L0 to see if that fixes it

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #12,910 of 22,021
I was using 2.5G and encountered the cracking intermittently issue, changed to5g and have not had any since. Just a quick question are you using Lurkers USB Audio fix? You might want to turn it off and see if that affects Tidal, I don't think it should,but you never know.
Sorry are you referencing USB DAC function? If so, not on.

Apr 18, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #12,912 of 22,021
Often if having problems with the WiFi connection please use 5g also shutting off the router and restarting it can clear the router. I normally will shut down the router for about 1 minute or more.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 18, 2018 at 2:01 PM Post #12,913 of 22,021
Has anyone tried to connect with a Headphone amp using USB output? I have been having the hardest time with both my DX150 and DX200 with no luck. My X7MkII and AK AC300 perform perfectly but no such luck with Ibasso. Using Teac UD503 USB in DSD mode. Suggestions would be helpful. Also using Teac HD Player SW to connect.
If you are connecting to an external amp you use the line out.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 18, 2018 at 2:46 PM Post #12,914 of 22,021
@Whitigir : For AMP4s, Do you have any physical issue with Pentaconn 4.4mm. plug?
Same as with Amp4. No sound on left channel till I spin the connector. It only happens with the DX200+Blue Dragon cable. Have no issue with the CA02 from Ibasso though

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #12,915 of 22,021
Interesting, if so, the faulty would be your blue dragon cables then eh ? I am using furutech plugs and there is no issues with amp4s

The amp4 did have the issue with my OFC Pentaconn plug which was $100 by itself, and there is still no counterfeit of OFC 4.4mm Pentaconn known to exist yet.
A68B9B05-01BE-4F41-9887-3711B98E54C3.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back