DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 18, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #12,887 of 22,021
I have exactly the same issue. I can hear some electric sounds and a buzz through the left channel only. It’s annoying. I even hear from time to time a strange bip.

Not to take away from the 4s impressions - wish I had something to hook into mine lol - Anyone ever notice intermittent static noise when streaming Tidal or even just in the app no music playing? Same goes for Tidal via UAPP. I only get it in left channel as well.

Could this just be the byproduct of living in a condo? Wifi pollution?? I would say it sounds identical to what a dirty pot sounds like. That same scratchy noise but very, very quiet. Can't hear it with music playing save for extremely quite passages. It's extra bad (read: continuous, same volume though) after pushing play while waiting for track to play. I can at least say this is not firmware related having tried that.

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #12,888 of 22,021
It seems like AMP4s already run out of stock now. This is a lesson for anyone who is interested on limited amp module wouldn't wait for review...

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #12,889 of 22,021
It should work like we connect.
Are you sure this setup ever charged DX200? I'm in doubt because "USB host" (DX200) must provide power to "USB device" (iDefender/HDD), not vice versa.

Apr 18, 2018 at 2:51 AM Post #12,891 of 22,021
I have exactly the same issue. I can hear some electric sounds and a buzz through the left channel only. It’s annoying. I even hear from time to time a strange bip.
Ah yes, I get the dip too

I posted this in the Bug/Issue thread but I guess it will get a broader view here.

There's a recent Amazon review from an Android developer https://www.amazon.ca/iBasso-DX200-Resolution-Supporting-Connection/dp/B01MTEVQ1B#customerReviews

Here's a quote from it:

"Wifi Audio Interference - One of the first things I did when I got my DX200 was to install TIDAL. A lossless music streaming service on a DAP of this caliber was just a no-brainer, but I was immediately frustrated. While listening, I quickly noticed intermittent static in the left ear. I thought it was a short in my headphones until I realized that it didn't happen when in MangoOS mode. At this point, I thought it was just a TIDAL issue, but then I started using the DX200 to browse the internet one day while listening and immediately noticed that downloading data cause the issue. Loading any amount of data over wifi will cause the interference. Turn off the wifi and it goes away. The worst part about this bug is that I doubt this is fixable with a firmware update. My guess would be that this is a hardware design issue, but I would be absolutely thrilled if I was wrong!"

I really thought it was just me, figuring this would've been brought up before. Then I found another member in the DX200 B/I thread reporting the same annoyance. I'm not fond of the clicks, cricks, floobs or fleebs I'm getting out of this thing, but it sure does play music well! I did get some loud buzzing at times when I streamed A a A a A Very Good Song (Silent Track) by Samir Mezrahi. Lot's of room for the musicians to explore in this piece.

I'll be honest though, I just tried it now and other than the noises leading up to the song starting, noise free after that. Now it is 2:45am here. Matter? Maybe.

Apr 18, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #12,893 of 22,021
I may have screwed my AMP4 up...my cat knocked the DX200 off the desk with the adapter in...now I have a little wobbly connection and some minor static going on...

Schiit... @Whitigir will the fix you put up help this? I might need a hand...lol

:frowning2:

Well, I am not sure if the fix I provided would help. It depends on the damages. If the fall was hard enough and the drop angles were right, thesolder joins on the socket to pcb may have been cracked. This is the worse case scenario and it can’t be fixed unless you reflow the joints. If it is intermittent sounds issue on left channel like original amp4 issues, which was caused by the socket, then my solution would work. You can certainly try it

Apr 18, 2018 at 7:40 AM Post #12,894 of 22,021
Just received the latest screwdriver from Ibasso :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
17A3C7DB-A848-4C7B-AF85-76BB6CF67290.jpeg

Apr 18, 2018 at 8:36 AM Post #12,897 of 22,021
Ah yes, I get the dip too

I posted this in the Bug/Issue thread but I guess it will get a broader view here.

There's a recent Amazon review from an Android developer https://www.amazon.ca/iBasso-DX200-Resolution-Supporting-Connection/dp/B01MTEVQ1B#customerReviews

Here's a quote from it:

"Wifi Audio Interference - One of the first things I did when I got my DX200 was to install TIDAL. A lossless music streaming service on a DAP of this caliber was just a no-brainer, but I was immediately frustrated. While listening, I quickly noticed intermittent static in the left ear. I thought it was a short in my headphones until I realized that it didn't happen when in MangoOS mode. At this point, I thought it was just a TIDAL issue, but then I started using the DX200 to browse the internet one day while listening and immediately noticed that downloading data cause the issue. Loading any amount of data over wifi will cause the interference. Turn off the wifi and it goes away. The worst part about this bug is that I doubt this is fixable with a firmware update. My guess would be that this is a hardware design issue, but I would be absolutely thrilled if I was wrong!"

I really thought it was just me, figuring this would've been brought up before. Then I found another member in the DX200 B/I thread reporting the same annoyance. I'm not fond of the clicks, cricks, floobs or fleebs I'm getting out of this thing, but it sure does play music well! I did get some loud buzzing at times when I streamed A a A a A Very Good Song (Silent Track) by Samir Mezrahi. Lot's of room for the musicians to explore in this piece.

I'll be honest though, I just tried it now and other than the noises leading up to the song starting, noise free after that. Now it is 2:45am here. Matter? Maybe.
Not sure what you've tried yet but if you don't use a 5Ghz WiFi connection you are prone to noise on the DX200. Switch to 5G and it should stop (assuming I've understood your issue currently and the noise occurs when streaming).

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #12,898 of 22,021
To my ears amp5 sounds kind of little muddy warm compared to amp4s has layers and articulate warming sound with some details... I do not know if it is because of different IEMs/CIEMs.
That is why most of headfiers here raved the amp4.
The balanced amps always did sound tighter than the SE ones, so an improved AMP5 does sound interesting. How does the treble on AMP4s compare to AMP5? Is it less of a peak?

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #12,899 of 22,021
Not sure what you've tried yet but if you don't use a 5Ghz WiFi connection you are prone to noise on the DX200. Switch to 5G and it should stop (assuming I've understood your issue currently and the noise occurs when streaming).
+1 issue is with lower band width, no issue at 5G.

Apr 18, 2018 at 9:44 AM Post #12,900 of 22,021
Has anyone tried to connect with a Headphone amp using USB output? I have been having the hardest time with both my DX150 and DX200 with no luck. My X7MkII and AK AC300 perform perfectly but no such luck with Ibasso. Using Teac UD503 USB in DSD mode. Suggestions would be helpful. Also using Teac HD Player SW to connect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back