1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859
861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870
Next

Last
  1. chaiyuta
    @Whitigir : For AMP4s, Do you have any physical issue with Pentaconn 4.4mm. plug?

2. parabellum777
    I have exactly the same issue. I can hear some electric sounds and a buzz through the left channel only. It’s annoying. I even hear from time to time a strange bip.

3. chaiyuta
    It seems like AMP4s already run out of stock now. This is a lesson for anyone who is interested on limited amp module wouldn't wait for review...

acap13 and alphanumerix1 like this.
  4. Lurker0
    Are you sure this setup ever charged DX200? I'm in doubt because "USB host" (DX200) must provide power to "USB device" (iDefender/HDD), not vice versa.

5. singleended5863
    Agreed.

alphanumerix1 likes this.
  6. natemact
    Ah yes, I get the dip too

I posted this in the Bug/Issue thread but I guess it will get a broader view here.

There's a recent Amazon review from an Android developer https://www.amazon.ca/iBasso-DX200-Resolution-Supporting-Connection/dp/B01MTEVQ1B#customerReviews

Here's a quote from it:

"Wifi Audio Interference - One of the first things I did when I got my DX200 was to install TIDAL. A lossless music streaming service on a DAP of this caliber was just a no-brainer, but I was immediately frustrated. While listening, I quickly noticed intermittent static in the left ear. I thought it was a short in my headphones until I realized that it didn't happen when in MangoOS mode. At this point, I thought it was just a TIDAL issue, but then I started using the DX200 to browse the internet one day while listening and immediately noticed that downloading data cause the issue. Loading any amount of data over wifi will cause the interference. Turn off the wifi and it goes away. The worst part about this bug is that I doubt this is fixable with a firmware update. My guess would be that this is a hardware design issue, but I would be absolutely thrilled if I was wrong!"

I really thought it was just me, figuring this would've been brought up before. Then I found another member in the DX200 B/I thread reporting the same annoyance. I'm not fond of the clicks, cricks, floobs or fleebs I'm getting out of this thing, but it sure does play music well! I did get some loud buzzing at times when I streamed A a A a A Very Good Song (Silent Track) by Samir Mezrahi. Lot's of room for the musicians to explore in this piece.

I'll be honest though, I just tried it now and other than the noises leading up to the song starting, noise free after that. Now it is 2:45am here. Matter? Maybe.

7. Whitigir
    No more issue on amp4s.

chaiyuta likes this.
  8. Whitigir
    Well, I am not sure if the fix I provided would help. It depends on the damages. If the fall was hard enough and the drop angles were right, thesolder joins on the socket to pcb may have been cracked. This is the worse case scenario and it can’t be fixed unless you reflow the joints. If it is intermittent sounds issue on left channel like original amp4 issues, which was caused by the socket, then my solution would work. You can certainly try it

9. KEV G
    Just received the latest screwdriver from Ibasso :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
    17A3C7DB-A848-4C7B-AF85-76BB6CF67290.jpeg

acap13, gc335, fuhransahis and 2 others like this.
  10. Whitigir
    No special edition for you ? Sad! Should have it made out of pure meteorite of six nines purity

KEV G likes this.
  11. KEV G
    As long as it’s as good as the screwdriver that came with Amp 3 or better, I’ll settle for that :smile_phones:

12. fuhransahis
    Not sure what you've tried yet but if you don't use a 5Ghz WiFi connection you are prone to noise on the DX200. Switch to 5G and it should stop (assuming I've understood your issue currently and the noise occurs when streaming).

13. ctaxxxx
    The balanced amps always did sound tighter than the SE ones, so an improved AMP5 does sound interesting. How does the treble on AMP4s compare to AMP5? Is it less of a peak?

14. mrmoto050
    +1 issue is with lower band width, no issue at 5G.

fuhransahis likes this.
  15. mrmoto050
    Has anyone tried to connect with a Headphone amp using USB output? I have been having the hardest time with both my DX150 and DX200 with no luck. My X7MkII and AK AC300 perform perfectly but no such luck with Ibasso. Using Teac UD503 USB in DSD mode. Suggestions would be helpful. Also using Teac HD Player SW to connect.

First

Back
850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859
861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870
Next

Last