1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by paul - ibasso, Dec 17, 2015.
First

Back
848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857
859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868
Next

Last
  1. bzxfire40
    So I just went to ibasso site to try and order the 4S and the price is $999 lol. I assume this is due to low supply. Any idea if they are making more any time soon? Or anywhere else I can find the 4S for a reasonable price?

2. Whitigir
    Lol, just burn-in the brain :wink:

Amp4S is definitely a more musical module, or perhap the most musicality accross all the amp modules that I have up until now (I don’t have amp2 or 5). Very nice! While amp3 and amp4 was almost similar, the amp 4s is like different sound signature. The fastest amp modules I have seen is the amp4, then next up would be amp1. The amp1 is fast, but doesn’t offer the performances the amp4 does. The amp4 is like amp1+amp3 together, super fast, and good performances. The amp3 was so welcome by dx200 owner because it had that performances of details, resolutions, soundstages and better musicality in comparison to amp1.

The amp4s is like the amp3 with added musicality into the sub-bass, bass, mid spectrum including the more vivid vocal details and extensions (female vocal is to die for). The sub bass is better rumbles, and mid bass is with better blooms. Over-all, the amp4s is also the most warmed signature in comparison to the whole bunch. Did Ibasso read my mind or what ? I was bored and tired of the very similar signature from amp1 into improved amp3, and faster speed amp4....but sharing similar signatures of being neutral.

For some reasons, the amp4s can also drive Hd800s well enough to an acceptable level. Yet, it is not as refined as 1Z, but is very acceptable. Now I can do Hd800s on either dx200 or 1Z :). I am very happy

Do not mistaken the amp4s for being overly warmth, nope. It is a very slight touch of warmth that can be observed when compared to other modules. But in general, the amp4s can be said to be Musical, fluidly and still neutral IMO.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    chaiyuta, kubig123 and natemact like this.
  3. Whitigir
    The cables is more expensive than Amp3 + Amp4 + amp4s together in materials. Anyways, I would say that the amp4s is the most musical I have came accross.

F477680D-2A2B-4B15-9C98-2529A99DAD01.jpeg

chaiyuta and gc335 like this.
  4. singleended5863
    Agreed wit @Whitigir my amp4s is sounding so good with Angie II via PW05 bass pod and 4.4 plug. Now my amp1, amp3 and amp5 are catching dust.

5. icefalkon
    D

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  6. icefalkon
    Dammit you two are driving me crazy! LOL I don't have it yet.

kubig123 likes this.
  7. ctaxxxx
    So... A balanced version of AMP5? With linux4ever's comment about elevated treble sparkle and yours with the increased musicality in the bass and mids, it kind of sounds like AMP5.

8. Dukebb13
    My experience with AMP4s is the soundstage is huge! It is very wide, deep, and tall. The best soundstage out of the amps in my experience. It does seem a touch warmer than the other amps, so it seems more laid back. I really am enjoying it so far. I have not gone back to compare with other amps yet, it is all from memory. I have Amp1, 3, 4 , and 4s. I am really glad I got it!

9. singleended5863
    I thought you got your amp4s already!
    It definitely sounds so balanced and musical and the sub-and low bass somehow woke me up last night. :L3000: 3C9E1E60-7922-497E-9502-CEC51DFC52C6.jpeg

icefalkon, kubig123 and Whitigir like this.
  10. icefalkon
    Nope. It's ok...I'll just wallow in despair lol

11. meomap
    Hi,
    Comparing amp4s to Sony 1z,
    4s does not have a dynamic slam as 1z. If you hear 1z vs 4s then you would know if I meant.
    4s vs 1z soundstage in width is roughly the same.
    1z has more holographic 3d than 4s, 4s has less so it feels like in your face a little bit.
    4s has the edge a little more with clarity thaN 1z due to its DAC.
    I would say 1z is more euphoric tube sound than 4s; however more than 3X the price of dx200.

If I have DX200 only with amp1,2,3,4 than I would be very happy.
    I have 1Z already and going back to hear with amp4s then I Really Don't miss,care,OR Praise That much. I still keep the whole system to connect to CDM though. Or give to my son if he wants it.
    I know that a lot of owners will enjoy with amp4s.
    Just my opinion.

12. jamato8 Contributor
    I don't have the 4s but the one thing I hear with the AMP4 or AMP5 in comparing to the 1Z is that balanced to balanced and single ended to single ended is just the opposite. With the Utopia or the IT04 I hear more slam/better dynamics with the DX200 and no less 3D presentation. So much so that I use the 1Z far less than I used to, maybe 5 to 10 % of the time.

13. Whitigir
    You are correct! I was too tired to rewriting all of it again. I just made it very simple to write out the comparison between different amps instead. Ofcourse it is to be expected, but for the dx200 to be side by side to compare with 1Z and cost less, it is an amazing device :)

14. meomap
    Actually, I use my Utopia more connected to ALO Studio Six than hearing from 1Z.
    Sounds like Utopia is designed for desktop amp.
    Mobile amp is ok but not as lively or engaging as desktop.
    1Z is superb with iems though, so is dx200.

15. mrmoto050
    I tend to agree with that. I received AMP4s yesterday but haven't had a chance to listen. Listening to AMP5 mostly with LCD Series.

First

Back
848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857
859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868
Next

Last