DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Apr 16, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #5,896 of 22,021

Have you turned on gapless playback?

I didn't find a way to prevent power management to power down USB bus in sleep mode
frown.gif

Can you check what can caused the program? 

It is normal behaviour: when USB Audio detects that the device was detached, it tries to initialize it again, It is detached when Android enters doze mode. But, for me and testers, it didn't prevent to play a full album in UAPP.

I was wrong about gapless: ut seems that UAPP always plays gapless. But there is a setting "Stop after song ends". Did you turn it on by a mistake?

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:36 AM Post #5,897 of 22,021

Dear DX200 owners!

You have a great sound from your device, but are you satisfied with the software? You have full Android and can install third party applications with great features, but they can't squeeze the maximum from the audio part, because, regardless of iBasso efforts, Android has its limitations. But, imagine that you install an application like USB Audio Player PRO, Hiby Music, Neutron Player, and you can use all their features, at the highest possible quality... I mean it - all, with direct access to DAC for bit perfect playback of all the supported formats, including Native DSD!

You have made a smart decision: iBasso DX200 is the first and the only player in the world that can do it, with a help of a little application with ugly user interface, named USB Audio for DX200.

All you have to do is:
  • Install this application.
  • The hardest step: Start it first to read warnings and instructions how to configure an audio player of your choice!
  • Push 'Start' button.
  • Enjoy!

This application switches iBasso DX200 audio processor (XMOS chip) into USB DAC mode, accessible for Android applications, installed on this DX200 itself. When USB Audio for DX200 starts the USB DAC Interface, any compatible Android music player application, that supports and is configured to use a USB DAC, will play bit perfect audio, including DSD! For DSD, it supports both Native and DoP modes, and even DoP-encoded PCM formats, e.g. in flac. Please continue reading here

Hello.
The usb audio for dx200 + someone app with usb dac ( usb audio player pro )  is the same as mango mode on dx200(only music)?

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:48 AM Post #5,898 of 22,021
And to @Paul - iBasso would you please consider including MQA format like onkyo and pioneer do. It's getting interesting now!

I would second  that too. If MQA decoder could be included in DX200 - that would make a perfect DAP. Not sure where MQA decoding is deployed - on the level on sabre chip or firmware and thus which company (Ibasso or ESS) is capable of including MQA support...

Apr 16, 2017 at 6:55 AM Post #5,899 of 22,021
@Lurker0 Can You please comment more on this?

"Please note: such applications are not aware that the volume control of DX200 is the volume control of the USB DAC they use! It may lead to distorted, or too loud sound! Look into the particular application setting to find a way to disable using volume control at all."

I have volume control off but I can still using it when the screen is off in UAPP.

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #5,900 of 22,021
  The usb audio for dx200 + someone app with usb dac ( usb audio player pro )  is the same as mango mode on dx200(only music)?

Mango for Android uses another path for playback. So, they are similar, in sence that both play bit perfect, but not the same technically.
I have volume control off but I can still using it when the screen is off in UAPP.

UAPP allows to disable the use of the volume control by UAPP itself. Then you can control the volume via Android. Its is the compatible behaviour.
Hiby and Neutron don't allow to disable their use of the volume control, so it can be used only outside these apps. This is the incompatible behaviour.

Apr 16, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #5,901 of 22,021

Do you guys find that listening in Android mode is actually more enjoyable (maybe a little more dynamic, more engaging) than in Mango mode? I noticed this in 2.0.78beta & again in 2.1.94. I haven't found the words for it yet but it seems to be a little more "dramatic" in Android mode. 

Edit: Same settings - digital filters, gain mode, etc.

Originally Posted by Lucif6r6th /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, i find it like this too

I may just stick to the Android mode as it sounds more to my preference and the GUI performance is faster. I've also had Mango mode hang on me more often too (can't simulate but at times when I just pause and leave for a few mins - then need to hard reboot).

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #5,902 of 22,021

I may just stick to the Android mode as it sounds more to my preference and the GUI performance is faster. I've also had Mango mode hang on me more often too (can't simulate but at times when I just pause and leave for a few mins - then need to hard reboot).

We are working on the sleep mode and the problem you mention.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 16, 2017 at 12:34 PM Post #5,904 of 22,021
  It is normal behaviour: when USB Audio detects that the device was detached, it tries to initialize it again, It is detached when Android enters doze mode. But, for me and testers, it didn't prevent to play a full album in UAPP.

I was wrong about gapless: ut seems that UAPP always plays gapless. But there is a setting "Stop after song ends". Did you turn it on by a mistake?

No, I haven't turn on the setting. I found that even I do not playing the song, the USB driver will detach automatically, I do not know what may caused the problem. FYI I haven't installed other apps.

Update: Seems it works now, after reinstall USB audio player pro.

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #5,907 of 22,021
I asked to people of '' usb audio pro '' and we can't buy the application without googleplay, he don't give a more options

I bought the UAPP app and installed it on 2 other Android players but when I copied a working app from one and installed it on my DX200, it would open but not play music and presented a message that said it was unable to verify so no luck. Looks like without a Windows computer one is out of luck. Bummer!

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #5,908 of 22,021
Hmm
Someone test too the usb audio from lurker?
Feedback please!
I think the sound now is more clear, headphone sound more high ( volume ) and dx200 is really hot in this mode.., i get my dx200 two day ago i don't know if this is normal

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #5,909 of 22,021
1. Yes, the APK is just APK, an application.
2. I don't know about quality :) But it does not prevent using any other app the usual way as long as you don't start it for its particular purpose: activate USB Audio.

Sorry if it is a stupid question, but can i Listen to the Tidal App with your App? Via headphone jack? Or can i enter my Tidal Account inside your App and Play my offline Content?
I think i dont Understand exactly how it works :grimacing:

Apr 16, 2017 at 4:54 PM Post #5,910 of 22,021
I bought the UAPP app and installed it on 2 other Android players but when I copied a working app from one and installed it on my DX200, it would open but not play music and presented a message that said it was unable to verify so no luck. Looks like without a Windows computer one is out of luck. Bummer!

If you're on a Mac you can get Windows through boot camp... otherwise use a VM software, there are free ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back