DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 16, 2018 at 11:12 PM Post #18,856 of 22,021
That is exactly what my colleague said. He suggested me going for a new dap with higher output impedance like AK SR15. Do you think the iFi EarBuddy or iFi IEMatch will help ?

I think Walkmen usually have a couple ohms output impedance also, but getting a whole new dap seems a little extreme.

AFAIK the iEMatch "sensitivity" setting raises the resistance a couple ohms, so that might work? No doubt at least a few people on iEMatch or Andro threads have used them together- thread search might show up some comments.

There are also some cheap "impedance plug" or "impedance adapter" some places sell. Usually they are for pretty high resistances but maybe you can find some with just a few ohms. A custom cable maker might be able to make something for you too.

Nov 17, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #18,857 of 22,021
I think Walkmen usually have a couple ohms output impedance also, but getting a whole new dap seems a little extreme.

AFAIK the iEMatch "sensitivity" setting raises the resistance a couple ohms, so that might work? No doubt at least a few people on iEMatch or Andro threads have used them together- thread search might show up some comments.

There are also some cheap "impedance plug" or "impedance adapter" some places sell. Usually they are for pretty high resistances but maybe you can find some with just a few ohms. A custom cable maker might be able to make something for you too.

Thank you Sir, I've just bought an iFi ieMatch and this thing works like a charm, now my Andromeda perform amazing as it should be. You may ask why i didn't buy the ieMatch 2.5 for DX200, that was because they don't sell that one in my country.

Btw, if i replace the stock cable to 2.5mm one, is it better for sound quality ?

eb625da6a70c47521e1d.jpg

Nov 17, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #18,858 of 22,021
I did hear distortions with newly bought Amp8, and it would go away about 150 hours mark or so. But distortions could be caused by many different things. So in all honesty, if you could come back to the shop and physically exchange it, I would ask them to allow you to audition it.

The distortion I heard was very strange, it only started happening since 8-10 hours out of the box, and slowly disminishing until 120-150 hours approximately and gone
It can take a while for the caps to form in the AMP8 and the rest of the circuit. The circuit is very sensitive to changes so you will hear these changes.
I usually let the DX200 run in for about a week playing continuously (where possible) before truly listening. In between naturally I do give a quick listen but not for critique. The only caveats have been playing some albums, the drain is faster than the charge so it may go off in the middle of the night and I'll just have to switch the DX200 on again in the morning. The other is this practice seems to have a toll on the battery longevity. I'm lucky if I get more than 2 hrs out of the DX200.

The AMP8 is a charm though. Best sounding out of the current AMP1, AMP2, and AMP3 in my collection. During the Fujiya Headphone Festival I did pop by the iBasso table and they had an AMP4 there which I couldn't I couldn't resist by try. Though it was a short 10 min listen, I think there was something about the AMP4 that (to my ears) sounded nicer over the AMP8. But alas, the AMP4 is no longer in production. Hoping for one to crop up in the classified or auctions.

Nov 17, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #18,860 of 22,021
Did anybody try YouTube with Android 8.1 beta2? I've installed it today, and it worked flawlessly for almost a hour. But I'd like to hear independent feedback, because I can't call both of my DX200s "clean" :frowning2:

Nov 17, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #18,861 of 22,021
Did anybody try YouTube with Android 8.1 beta2? I've installed it today, and it worked flawlessly for almost a hour. But I'd like to hear independent feedback, because I can't call both of my DX200s "clean" :frowning2:
Lol! I understand that “clean” feeling lol!

Yes, my YouTube app downloaded from pureAPK works, the only thing is that I can’t fast forward and so on....maybe I don’t know how to use the new interface or I downloaded a wrong one...stock beta2

Have not tried Bluetooth yet as I heard somebody reported that it isn’t working with beta 2 as Bluetooth DAC/Amp

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #18,862 of 22,021
Hi, has anybody some issues with bluetooth? After updating with Oreo V1 and V2 (no problem before), bluetooth is stopping time to time ...
Thanks for your feedback.

Was on Oreo beta 1 and now on beta 2 and so far no drops. I'm connected via LDAC with the V-Moda CFW2 Codex. What are you using? Did you try resetting the pairing?

Snapseed.jpg

Nov 17, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #18,863 of 22,021
I usually let the DX200 run in for about a week playing continuously (where possible) before truly listening. In between naturally I do give a quick listen but not for critique. The only caveats have been playing some albums, the drain is faster than the charge so it may go off in the middle of the night and I'll just have to switch the DX200 on again in the morning. The other is this practice seems to have a toll on the battery longevity. I'm lucky if I get more than 2 hrs out of the DX200.

The AMP8 is a charm though. Best sounding out of the current AMP1, AMP2, and AMP3 in my collection. During the Fujiya Headphone Festival I did pop by the iBasso table and they had an AMP4 there which I couldn't I couldn't resist by try. Though it was a short 10 min listen, I think there was something about the AMP4 that (to my ears) sounded nicer over the AMP8. But alas, the AMP4 is no longer in production. Hoping for one to crop up in the classified or auctions.
My addiction got the better of me... I scooped up an AMP4 a couple of days ago and I have to agree with you. I recommend that you find one. :)

It does a lot of things right and it pairs very very well with the N8. I am giving it some more listen time as I make some decisions on replacement cables for almost all of my headphones that I hope to use on the go and portably in the home, which means just about all of them.

Any others out here with both AMP4 and AMP8? When was the last time you went back to give your AMP4 a long listen again? Especially with headphones that have sufficient sub-bass and bass and on the warm side.

I'll comment some more after a week or so.

Nov 17, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #18,864 of 22,021
A few days ago? A FEW DAYS AGO!?!!!!??? Aww man!?? Where did U score that?? I’ve been looking on auctions, classifieds for the past 6 weeks and zip...nada.

Christmas does come early for some :p

Nov 17, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #18,865 of 22,021
A few days ago? A FEW DAYS AGO!?!!!!??? Aww man!?? Where did U score that?? I’ve been looking on auctions, classifieds for the past 6 weeks and zip...nada.

Christmas does come early for some :p
Do you know someone in HK? There are several amp4 for sale in DCFever website. Some sellers post with player but they may want to sell amp4 separately. Here is one just amp4.
https://www.dcfever.com/trading/view.php?itemID=6890811

Nov 17, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #18,866 of 22,021
Nov 18, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #18,869 of 22,021
I was searching for a neutral sounding, transforming the sound to the headphone without changing anything, DAP under $1k, but every DAP I found colored the sound in some way. According to the reviews DX 200 is the perfect product. My search is finally over?

Nov 18, 2018 at 5:12 AM Post #18,870 of 22,021
Hi AnakChan, how do you check the type of bluetooth? (Aptx versus ldac) Thanks for your help.
This is in Android mode (i.e. not native/pure Mango mode).

Settings -> System -> About tablet -> Build number (tap for a number of times, was it 6 or 7?). Anyhow it'll tell you how many taps you are away from Developer mode
Once you have developer mode, go back one screen (i.e. Settings -> System -> About tablet), and you'll see Developer options. Click in there.
Scroll down to Bluetooth Audio Codec, then choose LDAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back