DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 14, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #18,826 of 22,021
I understand you have both dx200 and dx200TI.

I have the standard dx200 (amp1+amp3) I like it very much but I'm not completely satisfied about bass extension and punch.
Keep in mind I usually use it with external amplifiers and in this case this limit is partially removed (see my signature).

But what I want to know is if it really worth the price difference between 200 and 200TI and if I can hear the difference even when I use them through with ext amplifiers.

thanks

Does anyone have a complete list of upgraded caps etc, or hires side by side circuit board pics (like the wm1a wm1z pics) so I can upgrade myself to almost dx200ti.

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:03 PM Post #18,827 of 22,021
Does anyone have a complete list of upgraded caps etc, or hires side by side circuit board pics (like the wm1a wm1z pics) so I can upgrade myself to almost dx200ti.
Ask yourself this question first, can you work on a 3mm square chip with 16 legs or so ? If so, then you can think about it.

The differences between 200Ti vs normal 200 is about 15% to 20%. It is very observable...but where can you buy a Titanium nowadays ? If you do and have the pocket, shoot for the stars!

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:11 PM Post #18,828 of 22,021
Cheers whitigir, the works not the issue, just looking for info. I did buy a dx200ti. I only had it for a couple of days and returned it, I would of had to keep it if I was going to strip it down.

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:15 PM Post #18,829 of 22,021
Cheers whitigir, the works not the issue, just looking for info. I did buy a dx200ti. I only had it for a couple of days and returned it, I would of had to keep it if I was going to strip it down.
Awesome! That is what I love to hear :) . According to Ibasso, the voltage regulators were upgraded, also the capacitors too. @bden59 is looking into it, and also found a POS cap upgraded too. Beside those, I don’t know any further. Also, not sure what voltage regulators are being used though

Nov 14, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #18,830 of 22,021
Thanks pal, cool I'll see what @bden59 uncovers.

I love this hobby when I can save a few bucks, and do what I love at the same time :L3000:

...edit, not too sure about the saving a few bucks come to think of it looking at my sig :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #18,832 of 22,021
Does anyone stream and listen to modern music ?

Despacito sounds wonderful, a modern mix of computerized effects, Synthesis Bass and Organic drums/strings instruments...etc...all that good stuff. Once a DAP can expose to you all the different timbres, which is organic and which is synthesis, you know you have a good DAP, and DX200TI can do that ...only requires Modified Amp8....that means DX200TI is very capable, depend on what modules you are having :D

Kakakaka...crazy DAP!! It makes me crazy as it never failed to impress

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #18,834 of 22,021
Itching to get a dx150 too and upgrade the 2 AK4490EQ to 2 AK4493EQ (only slight mod needed, firmware compatible) along with caps etc, not sure how much of an improvement it will be yet.

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #18,836 of 22,021
Ask yourself this question first, can you work on a 3mm square chip with 16 legs or so ? If so, then you can think about it.

The differences between 200Ti vs normal 200 is about 15% to 20%. It is very observable...but where can you buy a Titanium nowadays ? If you do and have the pocket, shoot for the stars!

which differences Whitigir? will the bass and the punch improve in TI ?
these differences are also observable line out 200 and 200TI into external amp.?

thank you!

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #18,837 of 22,021
which differences Whitigir? will the bass and the punch improve in TI ?
these differences are also observable line out 200 and 200TI into external amp.?

thank you!

Bass and punches improves in speed , articulation and fidelity but it isn’t as much as soundstage depth, width, vertical expansions and the detail retrieval’s of fine trebles and upper frequencies extensions, also darker background on 200TI

Yes

Nov 14, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #18,838 of 22,021
Bass and punches improves in speed , articulation and fidelity but it isn’t as much as soundstage depth, width, vertical expansions and the detail retrieval’s of fine trebles and upper frequencies extensions, also darker background on 200TI

Yes
so, you are saying bass improved but the great boos is in soundstage depth and, I would say...wow!
And this is true also when you line out into and external amplifier?
Which is the secret of this big improvement?

So...what can happen if I line out a 200TI into my pathos aurium amplifier? Since the big improvement I feel from my dx200 standard + pathos aurium is a big improvement in the depth of the soundstage that becomes more reliabilable...

The point is I was looking into something more and I was thinking about WM1Z and the 200TI (of course to find both of them into second hand)

Nov 14, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #18,839 of 22,021
so, you are saying bass improved but the great boos is in soundstage depth and, I would say...wow!
And this is true also when you line out into and external amplifier?
Which is the secret of this big improvement?

So...what can happen if I line out a 200TI into my pathos aurium amplifier? Since the big improvement I feel from my dx200 standard + pathos aurium is a big improvement in the depth of the soundstage that becomes more reliabilable...

The point is I was looking into something more and I was thinking about WM1Z and the 200TI (of course to find both of them into second hand)

Improved power supply will always be the biggest improvements of any audio devices

The dx200Ti has all the immersive and expansive soundstage but it won’t have the tonal timbres that can stand up to 1Z, and the 1Z has the king of timbres for small DAP as far as I can say, but the 1Z won’t out perform the airiness, soundstage of the 200Ti.

I think Ibasso produced an excellent main body for DAC and will slowly improving the performances of amp modules over time. The evidence is that the latest bicap technique being used with Amp8 and Amp1Ti is very good, and further modifying can improve the Amp8 to bring out that Timbres similar to 1Z or even better, which I never thought would be possible for dx200 (this also mean that Ibasso has a lot more in store for us with future modules)

As far as I can see, the real down size of Dx200 is the hissing with some sensitive multi driver gears, the firmware bugs here and there. But overall I just love it for pure audio performances and how much it is capable and how much it can still be improving

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #18,840 of 22,021
Seems like my journey can't stop here so easy. My problem is that when using Andromeda with the stock Amp1 of DX200, treble and mid lost the quality and the only thing i hear good is bass. I'm not a bass head and this is super terrible and disaster for me. So do you guys think that upgrading to Amp8 will solve my problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back