DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 13, 2018 at 5:24 AM Post #18,811 of 22,021
Anyone try DX200 with Andromeda? I already had a chance to pair my friend's Anromeda with Ifi Nano Blacklabel, but when i got DX200, he sold his Andromeda. So i'm really curious how the good are they :frowning2:
I'm using DX200 amp8 with Andromeda, and I greatly enjoy the pairing. Andromeda are awesome IEM!

Nov 13, 2018 at 6:11 AM Post #18,813 of 22,021
Anyone tried DX200 with Andromeda? I already had a chance to pair my friend's Anromeda with Ifi Nano Blacklabel, but when i got DX200, he sold his Andromeda. So i'm really curious how good are they :frowning2:
I am currently using Andromeda with AMP8 & AMP4 and I do slightly prefer AMP4. With both AMPs the sound is excellent, quite neutral with clear trebles and good bass extension (I am not a basshead)

Nov 13, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #18,814 of 22,021
Wouldn’t be an issue for how hot the DX200 is generating is what I meant....I really don’t want to spell out every A B C on each every post my friend. But it is good that you make it more clear for others

◼ Whitigir,....Good that you clarified what you meant above,..there is always a risk that ”short messages” will be misunderstood.

I also pondered how you could claim what you did in your first post.

Most amplifiers have a circuit breaker that dissolves at 70-75 °C.
Not even class A amplifiers go so hot.

Are the amplifiers too hot so....
◾The life expectancy is much shorter.
◾The soundquality will be worse.
◾Renovations intervals are shorter,..in other words,one may renovate the amplifier more often.

⬜ Question: Regular Pre,Power-amps that stand on at 24/7 hours,..usually have a temperature of between 30-45 °C.
How hot will DX200/DX200TI be as most.?

/Peder.

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #18,816 of 22,021
◼ Whitigir,....Good that you clarified what you meant above,..there is always a risk that ”short messages” will be misunderstood.

I also pondered how you could claim what you did in your first post.

Most amplifiers have a circuit breaker that dissolves at 70-75 °C.
Not even class A amplifiers go so hot.

Are the amplifiers too hot so....
◾The life expectancy is much shorter.
◾The soundquality will be worse.
◾Renovations intervals are shorter,..in other words,one may renovate the amplifier more often.

⬜ Question: Regular Pre,Power-amps that stand on at 24/7 hours,..usually have a temperature of between 30-45 °C.
How hot will DX200/DX200TI be as most.?

/Peder.

How I could claim ? Because I am a handy DIY kind of folk who make my own amplifiers, if that satisfied your questions

The breaker can dissolve at 75C, but it will never get that hot (unless). The hottest components of any amps would be Transistors and FETS. But if a person don’t even know about this parts, it is meaningless to discuss further

Dx200 running regular files FLaC and so on is about 30C. If you are running DSD512 without the leather case, it is about 55-60C (on the body). Before you look down on it, let me kindly remind you that there are no other DAP that can do DSD512 , except Lotoo touch, which is still not out and about yet. For these exact reason, heating wouldn’t even be an issues for something merely 60C (on top of the IC and not IR Gun measurement on the body casing) with modern components

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #18,817 of 22,021
Glad to hear that! Care to comment on hiss with amp 8 and Andros, especially running balanced? That is my only concern with upgrading.
I have no hiss at all with the Andros & AMP8. Don't remember having any hiss in fact. BTW I mostly listen in Mango Mode

Nov 13, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #18,818 of 22,021
Hello Andromeda, so glad to see you my friend !
Btw, my game is end here. I'd like to thank you all for the consultants.
20181113_225830.jpg

Nov 13, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #18,819 of 22,021
◼ Whitigir,....Thanks for the answer on how hot DX200 gets.

I'm totally on what you say about the electronics.
I'm no DIY-guy,but have many friends who are.
I've done some small jobs in CD players and more,but let others who are better than me do this.

However,,,I am very knowledgeable and well known in Sweden on installing and optimizing music-systems.
I have run active systems since 1992.
I use the "Tune Dem" evaluation method,which prioritises the musical presentation.
Hifi parameters come second hand,if the musical presentation is not optimal.
Well then it doesn't matter how good the hifi parameters are.

I have read a lot of your posts in this long thread,..Interesting posts,which also made me want to try a IBasso DX200.
Had there been a DX200TI for sale,so I had bought one.

◾But Whitigir,..Do you think you or someone else,have time to answer the questions I asked in my first post here two days ago.
In my second post I also had some question.
It would certainly be appreciated,and would make it easier for me,to get answers to those questions before I order a DX200.

I do not want to order a DX200 before I know the answer of this question.

Have also thought about a Astell Kern Kann,..but this DX200 feels almost more interesting.
Has anyone here heard Astell Kern Kann.?

/Peder

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #18,820 of 22,021
I have no hiss at all with the Andros & AMP8. Don't remember having any hiss in fact. BTW I mostly listen in Mango Mode

That is great news. I was asking because of Twister6's comment in his Dx150 review:

"I tried AMP8, but hissing was too strong, as well as bass hitting a bit too hard." - On his pairing of DX150 with Andromeda

Maybe DX150 just hisses more than DX200? I thought amount of hiss was similar between the two, but I could be wrong.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #18,821 of 22,021
That is great news. I was asking because of Twister6's comment in his Dx150 review:

"I tried AMP8, but hissing was too strong, as well as bass hitting a bit too hard." - On his pairing of DX150 with Andromeda

Maybe DX150 just hisses more than DX200? I thought amount of hiss was similar between the two, but I could be wrong.
They are two different products, being the DX200 the TOTL for Ibasso. Perhaps I have been lucky, but so far I have not experienced any hiss

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #18,822 of 22,021
Hi

Has just become a member here,but have been doing with High End Hifi since 1983.
Before 1983,it was more Japan products,..albeit good such .

Started my headphone trip 2 years ago,..and now has Bowers & Wilkins P9 headphones.
I have had various headphone-amplifiers,special ehternet-cables,switches etc,etc to my big music-system at home.

I've read quite a few pages in this thread,but it's on 1254 pages..so I thought it's easier to ask here instead .

I was going to buy DX200 and have some questions....
1 ◾B&W P9 has an impedance of 22 ohms,and a sensitivity of 111 db.
Which amp-module is best suited to these light-powered headphones.?

2 ◾This Below is from a review by DX200,..Does this mean that you can watch a YouTube video with DX200,..With both sound and image.?
--------------------------------------------------------"DX200 can play videos flawlessly,and you can view your favorite photos and images on it.
All typical Android usage scenarios are available on DX200, and it does all works flawlessly for its hardware.
OTG functions work very nice as well.”
--------------------------------------------------------
3 ◾You can stream Tidal on this DX200,how good will the soundquality be compared to ”stored,downloaded music”.?

4 ◾Fits amp1TI to DX200,..I have read here that many think it is very good.

5 ◾Some other tips that I should think of,as beginners with a DX200 DAP.

I am very grateful if I can get answers to these questions,..and also something that I forgot.
I am very knowledgeable in High End Hifi,also pushing a forum within this.

But this with DAP-players is completely new to me,a real beginner in other words.

Is by the way from Sweden.

/Peder29

1/ I can’t comment on this specific combination as I don’t have the P9

2/ Yes, with Oreo firmware, the YouTube now can be used on Browser and playing video just fine

3/ Not sure about sound quality, but Dx200 has everything android does, streaming Tidal can be done

4/ Yes, ofcourse, because Amp1Ti is an upgraded version of regular Amp1, and if you are handyman, you can mimic what Amp1Ti has on your regular Amp1 and perceive similar improvements

5/ The only thing you should be concerned is the Power driven of Dx200. It is powerful for full size headphones and you can opt for your favorite amp modules, but it can also hiss with low impedance multi-driver in ear buds. I have not yet seen any cases where Dx200 would hiss with single driver in ear or headphones yet.

I am all about music and offline contents, lately I enjoy YouTube streaming too and found no issues that could bug me away from 200, but I have seen some other concerns about WiFi connection here and there. But IMO, the pleasures from Dx200 VS occasionally and specific instant errors are well worth it. Sound signature and personal preferences aside, the Dx200 is still the most high-end performances at affordable pricing and most practical DAP I have seen until now.

Nov 13, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #18,823 of 22,021

Hissing can be said to be a phenomenon that the same player with the same ear buds (combination A) can hiss much more than the same player with the same ear buds (combination B). The best way to avoid it is to compromise one for another, that mean you pick dx200 and seek different ear buds, or you can pick your ear buds and opt for another player :)

Hissing will always be plaguing DAP and multi-driver Headphones or ear buds, there are no players which is immune from this. It is only more or less depend on the combination. AK380 hiss, 1Z hiss...etc...

Nov 14, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #18,825 of 22,021
Zero hiss with my DX200/DX200Ti/Amp8, absolutely love what this combo gives me.

I understand you have both dx200 and dx200TI.

I have the standard dx200 (amp1+amp3) I like it very much but I'm not completely satisfied about bass extension and punch.
Keep in mind I usually use it with external amplifiers and in this case this limit is partially removed (see my signature).

But what I want to know is if it really worth the price difference between 200 and 200TI and if I can hear the difference even when I use them through with ext amplifiers.

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back