DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 8, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #18,781 of 22,021
Awesome offer, but unfortunately I am located in the US

Darn, No problem pal, plus you saved me from buying a dx150 just yet (i'd need one to test the amp8) i have one on my list to upgrade the 2 x ak4490eq dacs to 2 x ak4493eq (Almost a direct replacement circuit wise, plus firmware compatible) amongst other upgrades. Tested the dac replacment on a Zishan Z3.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #18,782 of 22,021
Anyword on when the DX200 will get the new Mango Player App, with the new interface?

Also I can't solder, would anyone be willing to "mod" my amp8 for a small technician fee :blush:

Go to a Guitar Center or hifi repair shop and they will be able to do it for you. It should come out to about the same as shipping and what you my be offering as a fee.

Nov 8, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #18,783 of 22,021
guys
again reverted back to v 2.10.215 modified by @Lurker0
And I'm happy...Oreo both v1 and v2 changed the sound signature especially in the bass. And furthermore now I'm able again to play .iso files.
Maybe this sound variability you can meet every time there is some major update is the only thing I "don't like" about this great dap.

PS next week will arrive Z300...just want to "taste" it, i'm curious...(taken through amazon so I can return it back)

Nov 10, 2018 at 6:12 PM Post #18,786 of 22,021
Hello

I successfully use Lurker's AddOn on Oreo v1 (thank's to him)
Do you know if it's possible to use it with Oreo v2?

Yes

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #18,788 of 22,021
I took a picture of my DX200Ti (left) and friend's regular DX200 (right). My friend helped me to test my Ti with regular DX200 battery before sending back to iBasso. Paul said that replacing battery wont void warranty so I just gave it a try.

The regular DX200 has been modified with copper stickers and rosenkranz metal sticker from Japan.

The power module is on top left corner and there is a small differences there. Both devices have same motherboard version.

20181107_204102.jpg

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:22 AM Post #18,790 of 22,021
I took a picture of my DX200Ti (left) and friend's regular DX200 (right). My friend helped me to test my Ti with regular DX200 battery before sending back to iBasso. Paul said that replacing battery wont void warranty so I just gave it a try.

The regular DX200 has been modified with copper stickers and rosenkranz metal sticker from Japan.

The power module is on top left corner and there is a small differences there. Both devices have same motherboard version.

Yes, exactly what Ibasso mentioned , upgraded regulators in the DX200Ti :). Everyone who knows, will agree that power supply is the most important aspect :) which explained why the 200Ti is superior, but the normal 200 isn’t to be shaken off lightly either.

I can see those stickers, which is the same concept as modifications on the Amp8 as I mentioned. It sound so good that I put it in my Dx200Ti as well

E1737759-1DA4-47F1-B306-535834E5D88C.jpeg F8ADFC2B-3C8B-4CB0-8AC0-3AED14C9DB7E.jpeg 033F9970-BBAF-4C28-910A-A56FD9835B9F.jpeg

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #18,792 of 22,021
Yes, exactly what Ibasso mentioned , upgraded regulators in the DX200Ti :). Everyone who knows, will agree that power supply is the most important aspect :) which explained why the 200Ti is superior, but the normal 200 isn’t to be shaken off lightly either.

I can see those stickers, which is the same concept as modifications on the Amp8 as I mentioned. It sound so good that I put it in my Dx200Ti as well

Wow very nice. May I know what sticker is that?

Nov 11, 2018 at 8:26 AM Post #18,793 of 22,021

What kind of tape is that? Why u cover all your motherboard with it? Is it a good conductor of heat or?

Nov 11, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #18,794 of 22,021
Wow very nice. May I know what sticker is that?

The link is from my DIY Amp8 modifications here

You can also find the way how to disassemble the Dx200 main body from Alex blog as well

https://twister6.com/2016/09/09/amp8-diy-mod/

Direct link:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/810-IFM10M25BB300200

What kind of tape is that? Why u cover all your motherboard with it? Is it a good conductor of heat or?

I cover the major IC and the Amp socket receptacles . The PCB is what it is. The amp socket need a layer of electric insulation tape such as Kapton tapes first, and layer this over top. I also keep the Kapton Tape the way it is and layer this on top for the better insulation, so all of the radiated magnetic and noises would be absorbed and recycled into thermal radiation instead of magnetic and radio energy. Also covered the back behind the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth antenna, to avoid the leakage which improve the WiFi and Bluetooth signals while containing the hissing too

The concept is that every IC has electrical conductivity within itself and it will generate noises that radiate into the surrounding components. The wirings and the tracing on PCB can act as antenna to attract those radiated noises, which will infect the sound performances in a negative way.

These sheets have data sheet in there, just read it, and you will understand it better. Never the less, these sciences originated from audio enthusiasts, and this concept has been existed for so long. Eventhough I previously tried it with Copper tapes, I didn’t observe noticeable improvements, and so I shake it off. Until when I Modified Amp8 @chaiyuta is the one who brought these sheets with new technology into my mind. I went with it and the improvements were enough to deem it worth the works.

1/ It deflects, and absorb noises as there are Electro magnetic absorbent are layered on top of Metal layer

2/ heat wouldn’t be an issues, all of the modern technology has components working upto 150C range, eventhough it could be less efficient the hotter it goes, but DX200TI wouldn’t be cooking that hot. Trust me, My Mini Dynalo can have 102 Celsius on it transistors and still sound wonderful :).

The improvements are observable in a manner that all of the works is worth it.

The question came to my mind as of why Copper tape didn’t work as well, I guess it was because there was no magnetic absorbent, and recycling, which stored magnetic need a place to go, and so it just radiate outward or back inward, which still help some what, but majority of it won’t.

This is a lesson to never look down on us audio enthusiast, there are proven science and measurements from the data-sheet itself to show radiated magnetic field being drastically reduced and perceived performances of IC components all in there . Which made my point that I had been saying all along, Human Magic is their brain, creativity and senses (I think the Buddha said so). Then science and tools and measurements come later. So if you listen to something because it measured good, you are doing it backward. Anyways, I trust my ears before all else :wink:

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #18,795 of 22,021
The link is from my DIY Amp8 modifications here

You can also find the way how to disassemble the Dx200 main body from Alex blog as well

https://twister6.com/2016/09/09/amp8-diy-mod/

Direct link:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/810-IFM10M25BB300200

I cover the major IC and the Amp socket. The PCB is what it is. The amp socket need a layer of electric insulation tape such as Kapton tapes first, and layer this over top. I also keep the Kapton Tape the way it is and layer this on top for the better insulation, ut all of the radiated magnetic and noises would be absorbed and recycled into thermal radiation instead of magnetic and radio energy. Also covered the back behind the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth antenna, to avoid the leakage which improve the WiFi and Bluetooth signals while containing the hissing too

The concept is that every IC has electrical conductivity within itself and it will generate noises that radiate into the surrounding components. The wirings and the tracing on PCB can act as antenna to attract those radiated noises, which will infect the sound performances in a negative way.

These sheets have data sheet in there, just read it, and you will understand it better. Never the less, these sciences originated from audio enthusiasts, and this concept has been existed for so long. Eventhough I previously tried it with Copper tapes, I didn’t observe noticeable improvements, and so I shake it off. Until when I Modified Amp8 @chaiyuta is the one who brought these sheets with new technology into my mind. I went with it and the improvements were enough to deem it worth the works.

1/ It deflects, and absorb noises as there are Electro magnetic absorbent are layered on top of Metal layer

2/ heat wouldn’t be an issues, all of the modern technology has components working upto 150C range, eventhough it could be less efficient the hotter it goes, but DX200TI wouldn’t be cooking that hot. Trust me, My Mini Dynalo can have 102 Celsius on it transistors and still sound wonderful :).

The improvements are observable in a manner that all of the works is worth it.

The question came to my mind as of why Copper tape didn’t work as well, I guess it was because there was no magnetic absorbent, and recycling, which stored magnetic need a place to go, and so it just radiate outward or back inward, which still help some what, but majority of it won’t.

This is a lesson to never look down on us audio enthusiast, there are proven science and measurements from the data-sheet itself to show radiated magnetic field being drastically reduced and perceived performances of IC components all in there . Which made my point that I had been saying all along, Human Magic is their brain, creativity and senses (Buddha also said similar). Then science and tools and measurements come later. So if you listen to something because it measured good, you are doing it backward. Anyways, I trust my ears before all else :wink:
Thanks for the info!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back