DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 14, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #15,001 of 22,021
Quick question, I don't own any external hard drives, but are there any that the DX200 could connect to through direct WiFi?

Uf so would there be any SQ issues when streaming this way, say if I wanted to put the DSD512 files onto an external hard drive and have the DX200 stream from there?

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #15,002 of 22,021
Jul 14, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #15,004 of 22,021
Jul 14, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #15,005 of 22,021
Ibasso pulled off the Dx200 in an impossible way from when it was first released....Dual Es9028Pro back when people were struggling to put it into a desktop DAC, and priced Dx200 at cheaper than those WM1Z or AK380....still cheaper, still care about customers, and still outperforming in some many ways :D ? It is crazy, so I just want to put Ibasso to the challenge LOL

Want to hear this ? Dx200Titanium priced at $1699 is still Cheap!

Sounds like you could have a thread on this topic with updated post #1 or #2 with list.
Remind me of the "what do you want in the next Oppo" threads at AVS.
(before Oppo Digital was going to stop making BR players that is)

Mike

Jul 14, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #15,007 of 22,021
I owned the Mojo before the DX200. Even with Amp 1 to me the DX200 surpassed the Mojo on all fronts, except in that it sounded colder and more analytical. But even as soon as Amp 3 it gained some needed warmth and then I preferred it in all regards - more dynamic, detailed, more expansive yet 3D soundstage, higher resolution and imaging. With Amp 4 it just got better and Amp 8 even bettererer.

I agree fully with that.

I've Mojo and Hugo. Dx200 with amp4/amp4s equals or betters Hugo in terms of sound quality. Hugo is transportable at best and then it has to be chained to another source.

With DX200, I just take it and put in my pocket along with my CustomArt Harmony 8.2 IEM (in my ears). All set. Very simple and very convenient. Wish it had a replaceable battery at least like DX90. then I could carry spare battery with me.

For my long flights, Sony WM1A it is. It has a sound signature close to AMP4s with lesser sound stage width and slightly lesser details (As compared to DX200 only). But the overall package is extreme awesomeness.

I was using PW Audio #5 (the timbre on this is quite good. But to me it feels more warmer and slightly boosted bass, only slight) and recently I upgraded it to Effect Audio Leonidas. I'm never going back. It is an amazing combo with CustomArt Harmony 8.2 IEM. So balanced and rich with very good extensions at both the ends.

Effect Audio Ares II was a touch too bright and lean in the mids for me.

Edit: Ak120ii optical out to Hugo is one good pairing. All the details, clarity, resolution, stage width, separation, imaging along with a very well balanced sound signature. Without AK120ii, I feel Hugo isn't worth having

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 3:42 PM Post #15,009 of 22,021
I agree fully with that.

I've Mojo and Hugo. Dx200 with amp4/amp4s equals or betters Hugo in terms of sound quality. Hugo is transportable at best and then it has to be chained to another source.

With DX200, I just take it and put in my pocket along with my CustomArt Harmony 8.2 IEM (in my ears). All set. Very simple and very convenient. Wish it had a replaceable battery at least like DX90. then I could carry spare battery with me.

For my long flights, Sony WM1A it is. It has a sound signature close to AMP4s with lesser sound stage width and slightly lesser details (As compared to DX200 only). But the overall package is extreme awesomeness.

I was using PW Audio #5 (the timbre on this is quite good. But to me it feels more warmer and slightly boosted bass, only slight) and recently I upgraded it to Effect Audio Leonidas. I'm never going back. It is an amazing combo with CustomArt Harmony 8.2 IEM. So balanced and rich with very good extensions at both the ends.

Effect Audio Ares II was a touch too bright and lean in the mids for me.

Edit: Ak120ii optical out to Hugo is one good pairing. All the details, clarity, resolution, stage width, separation, imaging along with a very well balanced sound signature. Without AK120ii, I feel Hugo isn't worth having
I'm assuming your Hugo is the first version because Hugo 2 is on a different level. Now I know my AMP 8 needs to be broken in more but my initial comparisons between AMP 8 vs. optical out DX200 to Hugo2 gives the Hugo 2 an edge in details and presence; it was a LOT closer than I expected, to be honest with you.

Jul 14, 2018 at 3:45 PM Post #15,010 of 22,021
I'm assuming your Hugo is the first version because Hugo 2 is on a different level. Now I know my AMP 8 needs to be broken in more but my initial comparisons between AMP 8 vs. optical out DX200 to Hugo2 gives the Hugo 2 an edge in details and presence; it was a LOT closer than I expected, to be honest with you.

Yes! And I can not say enough good thing for the Coax/SPDIF out on Dx200. Try a real Coax-out high-end grade into your Hugo2 and hear the improvements :wink:

So, there is a DAP that makes uses of the new Korg-Tubes. I wonder when the next amp modules are going to have these Tubes :D, calling @Paul - iBasso
F5A2EC5F-2222-465A-BF25-21636510FAEC.jpeg
47B3BDED-744F-4673-BA42-624D0946E817.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #15,011 of 22,021
So... what I'm getting is -- amp8 is better than amp4? :D

LOL :D does the awesomeness ever end!?

Jul 14, 2018 at 4:20 PM Post #15,013 of 22,021
Yes! And I can not say enough good thing for the Coax/SPDIF out on Dx200. Try a real Coax-out high-end grade into your Hugo2 and hear the improvements :wink:

Any suggestions on a good high quality 3.5mm to 3.5mm digital coaxial cable? I can't find any good ones...lots of cheap ones though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back