DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 13, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #14,971 of 22,021
It comes with Fine Italian Leather Case (even better than those that comes with Astel&Kern). That is enough said :D

We don't know what it looks like yet though.

Jul 13, 2018 at 9:34 PM Post #14,972 of 22,021
Hahahaha,
So if I buy that nice Italian leather case, my DX200 will look just like the new ones.
Cheers.

Jul 13, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #14,973 of 22,021
I have this weird problem with DX200, either with Amp1 or Amp4s the last 2 days. While playing some DSD files, it just shut down with a pop sound in the headphone, between 5 - 30 minutes into playing. It is random and not specific to any DSD files. I was using Lurker firmware in Mango OS mode, did factory reset and installed the newest firmware from ibasso. Same thing happened again. I am running another round of test with flac and DSD today for the last hour and seems fine.
Anyone encountered this issue?

I fell asleep on the TI.

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #14,974 of 22,021
I'm getting the double pop/click when Tidal switches tracks. I read the DX200 bug thread but I think I'm on Lurker's newest FW (2.10.215-L0) and still have the issue. It doesn't happen every time but quite regularly. Does anyone know if there's a fix?

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #14,975 of 22,021
I have this weird problem with DX200, either with Amp1 or Amp4s the last 2 days. While playing some DSD files, it just shut down with a pop sound in the headphone, between 5 - 30 minutes into playing. It is random and not specific to any DSD files. I was using Lurker firmware in Mango OS mode, did factory reset and installed the newest firmware from ibasso. Same thing happened again. I am running another round of test with flac and DSD today for the last hour and seems fine.
Anyone encountered this issue?

I fell asleep on the TI.
Please use the Batch tool from the first page. Use the .img firmware with the batchtool and then use the latest FW in the normal way, on the sd card.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 14, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #14,976 of 22,021
Please use the Batch tool from the first page. Use the .img firmware with the batchtool and then use the latest FW in the normal way, on the sd card.

Hey Paul ,

I did the following:
1. factory reset, batch tool to load the .img
2. factory reset again and installed the latest firmware from SD card.

However, I get a different problem today, using amp4s. while playing flac 24/352 or DSD, the music will occasionally wind down and replace by weird soft crackling sound but the display show it is still playing. start/stop is the same soft crackling but when I switched to 16/44 it plays fine. switching back to high res, same problem occurs randonly after a while. I never had this problem until this couple of days. I will try another reset and batch tool install followed by SD card install using an older firmware.

Jul 14, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #14,977 of 22,021
Speaking about battery, has anyone replace the battery on their own? Is it soldered or can it be done as DIY for electrical dummy like myself?
Hi. With my dx200 and amp1, the battery level decreased from 67% to less than 14% during less than 5 s. The dx200 automaticaly turned off ... no problem to restart after a few minutes of charging. The only thing i have changed is the firmware few days ago. I also observed that the batterie level is decreasing during the dx200 is turned off ...i thought to come back to the previous firmware ...

Jul 14, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #14,978 of 22,021
That is not right, rollback the firmware then ? And see if it persist

At the moment, I am pairing my Dx200+Amp8+DSD512 into my Stax SR-009 and T2 amp....and I can not believe this level of performances out of a portable player.

The Dx200 is naked, and laying there for picture purposes....it would cook LoL

F1C48A4C-5268-48BD-9369-D6D60C947F85.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #14,979 of 22,021
Hi. With my dx200 and amp1, the battery level decreased from 67% to less than 14% during less than 5 s. The dx200 automaticaly turned off ... no problem to restart after a few minutes of charging. The only thing i have changed is the firmware few days ago. I also observed that the batterie level is decreasing during the dx200 is turned off ...i thought to come back to the previous firmware ...

Have you done a factory reset yet?

I've had that issue before. If the reset doesn't work, you'll have to send it in for repairs like I did.

Jul 14, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #14,983 of 22,021
I would contact dealers in France still. There are 7 total dealers there. I bet one will have a Ti.
French iBasso Dealers

In fact there are much less than that, AudioGarden is out of business and Son Video has several store so it’s down to one...
I am looking at options, fingers crossed!

DX200 sold to a fellow head fi’er. No DAP now until that new Ti arrives. This is going to be a painful wait!

Well, I won’t be too sorry for you as you are one of the 66 :p
It’s worth it!

Jul 14, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #14,985 of 22,021
Chord Mojo owner here but I’m very tempted by the DX200. This would be to pair with my 64 Audio A12t CIEMs. I’m assuming some bias since this is the dx200 thread but can anyone offer an opinion on the sound quality difference between the two now that there are so many amp modules available for dx200? It seems early on the Mojo may have edged it out for sound quality, but I’m guessing now with all the modules the gap has closed?

I like everything I read about the dx200, but since I already own a Mojo if there is a considerable gap in sound quality I’ll hold off on the dx200. For the record I’m sick of having my phone tethered to the Mojo and I’m ready for a stand-alone DAP. I’m not considering buying the Poly at the moment because there too many issues with it and it still relies on a phone for functionality.

Btw I don’t have a huge library of music files, I’d mainly be steaming via tidal with the dx200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back