DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 14, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #14,986 of 22,021
Hey Paul ,

I did the following:
1. factory reset, batch tool to load the .img
2. factory reset again and installed the latest firmware from SD card.

However, I get a different problem today, using amp4s. while playing flac 24/352 or DSD, the music will occasionally wind down and replace by weird soft crackling sound but the display show it is still playing. start/stop is the same soft crackling but when I switched to 16/44 it plays fine. switching back to high res, same problem occurs randonly after a while. I never had this problem until this couple of days. I will try another reset and batch tool install followed by SD card install using an older firmware.
Please email me at paul@ibasso.com. We will need to examine and repair if needed your DX200.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 14, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #14,987 of 22,021
Chord Mojo owner here but I’m very tempted by the DX200. This would be to pair with my 64 Audio A12t CIEMs. I’m assuming some bias since this is the dx200 thread but can anyone offer an opinion on the sound quality difference between the two now that there are so many amp modules available for dx200? It seems early on the Mojo may have edged it out for sound quality, but I’m guessing now with all the modules the gap has closed?

I like everything I read about the dx200, but since I already own a Mojo if there is a considerable gap in sound quality I’ll hold off on the dx200. For the record I’m sick of having my phone tethered to the Mojo and I’m ready for a stand-alone DAP. I’m not considering buying the Poly at the moment because there too many issues with it and it still relies on a phone for functionality.

Btw I don’t have a huge library of music files, I’d mainly be steaming via tidal with the dx200.
I owned the Mojo before the DX200. Even with Amp 1 to me the DX200 surpassed the Mojo on all fronts, except in that it sounded colder and more analytical. But even as soon as Amp 3 it gained some needed warmth and then I preferred it in all regards - more dynamic, detailed, more expansive yet 3D soundstage, higher resolution and imaging. With Amp 4 it just got better and Amp 8 even bettererer.

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #14,988 of 22,021
Hi. With my dx200 and amp1, the battery level decreased from 67% to less than 14% during less than 5 s. The dx200 automaticaly turned off ... no problem to restart after a few minutes of charging. The only thing i have changed is the firmware few days ago. I also observed that the batterie level is decreasing during the dx200 is turned off ...i thought to come back to the previous firmware ...
Please email me at paul@ibasso.com .

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 14, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #14,989 of 22,021
I owned the Mojo before the DX200. Even with Amp 1 to me the DX200 surpassed the Mojo on all fronts, except in that it sounded colder and more analytical. But even as soon as Amp 3 it gained some needed warmth and then I preferred it in all regards - more dynamic, detailed, more expansive yet 3D soundstage, higher resolution and imaging. With Amp 4 it just got better and Amp 8 even bettererer.

Thanks for your thoughts! Glad to hear as the DX200 appears to check all the boxes for me. I wonder what else we could ask of a DAP that could possibly be included in a DX300 besides of course continuing t make incremental sound quality improvements?

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:49 PM Post #14,990 of 22,021

I didn’t feel like repeating it (Mojo this and that). I totally agree with your statement :). In fact if there was a Mojo on the table and a Dx200+ amp modules on the table....I would never even realize the existence of that Mojo

Jul 14, 2018 at 12:59 PM Post #14,991 of 22,021
Thanks for your thoughts! Glad to hear as the DX200 appears to check all the boxes for me. I wonder what else we could ask of a DAP that could possibly be included in a DX300 besides of course continuing t make incremental sound quality improvements?

You want a wishlist for Dx300 ? Here, tagging @Paul - iBasso too! For the challenge :D

1/ Higher precision tolerances electrical components such as Capacitors and Resistors. Ofcourse also Audio-Grade components for Analog sections

*dont be mistaken, Dx200 is already with next to the highest quality available for electrical components, but there are better available as always*

2/ Better Battery performances (technicality, such as noises, AH, capacity)

3/ Quick charge

4/ 512Gb of internal memory

5/ SD card that is PCIE compatible and MicroSD slot. 880Mb/S
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12487/western-digital-displays-sd-card-with-pcie-interface

6/ Choices of DAC from Ibasso Engineers

7/ Better Clock precision’s components (there are always better Clocks)

8/ Silver traces Printed circuitboard (for ultimate conductivity)

9/ Silver Pins, goldplating interconect connectors for amp modules (for ultimate conductivity)

10/ High Grade Silver content Solder (for better audio performances)

11/ Faster CPU (not a priority)

12/ better cooling design (such as piped cooling for essentials chips Xmos and DAC)

13/ Easier to access and replace battery pack

14/ Maybe some possibility to open for further features such as AptX-HD and LDAC Bluetooth (not a priority)

Feel free to add in :D

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #14,992 of 22,021
You want a wishlist for Dx300 ? Here

1/ Higher precision tolerances electrical components such as Capacitors and Resistors. Ofcourse also Audio-Grade components for Analog sections

*dont be mistaken, Dx200 is already with next to the highest quality available for electrical components, but there are better available as always*

3/ Quick charge

4/ 512Gb of internal memory

5/ SD card that is PCIE compatible and MicroSD slot. 880Mb/S
https://www.anandtech.com/show/12487/western-digital-displays-sd-card-with-pcie-interface

6/ Choices of DAC from Ibasso Engineers

7/ Better Clock precision’s components (there are always better Clocks)

8/ Silver traces Printed circuitboard (for ultimate conductivity)

9/ Silver Pins, goldplating interconect connectors for amp modules (for ultimate conductivity)

10/ High Grade Silver content Solder (for better audio performances)

11/ Faster CPU (not a priority)

12/ better cooling design (such as piped cooling for essentials chips Xmos and DAC)

13/ Easier to access and replace battery pack

14/ Maybe some possibility to open for further features such as AptX-HD and LDAC Bluetooth (not a priority)

Haha awesome. I can get on board with all that :)

Although I fear that build would be quite expensive. I love that the dx200 has a low cost for what it appears to achieve.

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #14,993 of 22,021
You want a wishlist for Dx300 ? Here

and/or user-replaceable battery.

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #14,994 of 22,021

Although I fear that build would be quite expensive. I love that the dx200 has a low cost for what it appears to achieve.
Ibasso pulled off the Dx200 in an impossible way from when it was first released....Dual Es9028Pro back when people were struggling to put it into a desktop DAC, and priced Dx200 at cheaper than those WM1Z or AK380....still cheaper, still care about customers, and still outperforming in some many ways :D ? It is crazy, so I just want to put Ibasso to the challenge LOL

Want to hear this ? Dx200Titanium priced at $1699 is still Cheap!

and/or user-replaceable battery.

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #14,995 of 22,021
Jul 14, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #14,997 of 22,021

I have to agree with the cost increase. Look at what happened with the DX200Ti. There were quite a few to upgrades to the internals and the price is double.

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #14,998 of 22,021
"Appears to achieve"? It does achieve. :thumbsup:
Does achieve is an understatement
I have to agree with the cost increase. Look at what happened with the DX200Ti. There were quite a few to upgrades to the internals and the price is double.

Still cheap for what it does. Have you ever looked at those Titanium Nut and Bolt for your motorcycle decorations ? Imagine a solid block of Titanium :D

Jul 14, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #15,000 of 22,021
Dx200Titanium priced at $1699 is still Cheap!
Ok, let's not give iBasso any ideas or they may turn into AK and start charging us thousands of dollars...lol...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back