DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Jul 15, 2018 at 1:37 PM Post #15,031 of 22,021
I can confirm that Amp8 drives my Hd800S with plenty of power and authority. Not sure if Titanium Amp1 can do the same, but otherwise, I will have to let it collect dust and use Amp8 instead
Boo effing hoo!
Sorry, I've just been battling with a sudden and sinister manifestation of jealousy for a select 66 people world-wide :smiling_imp:

Jul 15, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #15,032 of 22,021
Well I have posted some in my initial impressions, there has been quite a few others as well. I know it’s hard to keep up as the thread has gone through a lot of post from AMP8 new owners :)

AMP4 has been my long time favorite since it’s been out (never got the 4S) but now I have what I think is a well burnt in AMP8 and I don’t think AMP4 is going to get much listening time. Again, not because it’s not great but to me the greatest thing AMP8 brings compared to AMP4 is depth, layering and even better dynamics. This affects the whole presentation, as bass are more layered, better controlled and go deeper but treble are more refined as well and I would say it’s really about dynamics and authority. Also, very important, soundstage is much deeper but also significantly taller.

Keep in mind this is from the VE8 and Phantom, and both are low impendance multi BA setup which means they do benefit greatly from more current but full size headphone or dynamic drivers will benefit as well : AMP8 can both provide current and power so high impedance phones will sound great as well. Too bad I can’t test the LCD i4 I have sold recently I think it would have done wonders as well with it.

I can confirm that Amp8 drives my Hd800S with plenty of power and authority. Not sure if Titanium Amp1 can do the same, but otherwise, I will have to let it collect dust and use Amp8 instead

Definitely Amp8 sounds way better than amp3 and amp4s. I enjoy it by connecting to Triton adapter 4.4 to 2.5 and 2.5 Ares II and CIEMs Spartan IV...

Jul 15, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #15,033 of 22,021
My Coax Cables is 4’ in length :). I also done some more thing to it. But like I said , even at high-exact mode for the highest precision tolerances (it needs high quality source because it does minimal to control Jitter), my LKS004 does not lose lock PLL at the highest bandwidth, and that is why the Dx200 is such a beast.
Just to say ... we are the champions .... oops sorry

Jul 15, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #15,034 of 22,021
emgn-funny-charts-26.png

*Don't take me TOO seriously :D

Jul 15, 2018 at 2:04 PM Post #15,035 of 22,021
emgn-funny-charts-26.png

*Don't take me TOO seriously :D

But there is some truth to it, at least if you come visit Paris not much to be proud of in terms of welcoming people indeed and yeah we’re not much of a customer service oriented bunch. And yes, we can be arrogant :p I have worked in multi-cultural environments (I managed a team where we had 9 nationalities) and there is much to be learned from other countries!

Of course there are exception and the capital city is not all of France, although population and economy is too concentrated there.
Things are begining to change, French people speak a little more English than before too :wink:

Just to say ... we are the champions .... oops sorry

Just two post and this, you sound like a bot my friend

Boo effing hoo!
Sorry, I've just been battling with a sudden and sinister manifestation of jealousy for a select 66 people world-wide :smiling_imp:

Yeah I get you, same here...still a slim chance to get one though... we’ll see

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #15,037 of 22,021
Now, do we need to create a sub-forum-thread for Dx200Titanium ? LOL ? I also wonder if there is a series number engraved onto the unit

Forum for 66 DX200Ti owners is not “fair” for the rest of people who have been participated in this forum. Would you be kind to wait until all of them surely wait for another chance to get one? Thank you.

Jul 15, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #15,038 of 22,021
Now, do we need to create a sub-forum-thread for Dx200Titanium ? LOL ? I also wonder if there is a series number engraved onto the unit

There should be a serial for limited edition...

Jul 15, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #15,039 of 22,021
But there is some truth to it, at least if you come visit Paris not much to be proud of in terms of welcoming people indeed and yeah we’re not much of a customer service oriented bunch. And yes, we can be arrogant :p I have worked in multi-cultural environments (I managed a team where we had 9 nationalities) and there is much to be learned from other countries!

Of course there are exception and the capital city is not all of France, although population and economy is too concentrated there.
Things are begining to change, French people speak a little more English than before too :wink:
:grimacing: I had no idea **canceling trip now** jk. I was only razzing because if you're going go OT...at least be funny with it

Jul 15, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #15,040 of 22,021
There should be a serial for limited edition...
0_0, I am more excited about serial numbers than the player itself! LOL! I hope I get some nice number like a “Pair”: 11 / 22/ 33/ 44/ 55/ 66 for example, or a good combination of the highest count in gambling like 36 (3+6=9) or 63, 45 or 54, 27, 18....kakakaka....the idea is out there

Jul 15, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #15,041 of 22,021
:grimacing: I had no idea **canceling trip now** jk. I was only razzing because if you're going go OT...at least be funny with it

And you’re right sometimes I am too serious :wink:

0_0, I am more excited about serial numbers than the player itself! LOL! I hope I get some nice number like a “Pair”: 11 / 22/ 33/ 44/ 55/ 66 for example, or a good combination of the highest count in gambling like 36 (3+6=9) or 63, 45 or 54, 27, 18....kakakaka....the idea is out there

At this point I would stay clear of wishes other than getting one :p

Jul 15, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #15,042 of 22,021
Do you have something you'd like to share with the group @Whitigir? We won't judge (unless you're French, K last one). We're here to help.

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #15,043 of 22,021
Too bad I can’t test the LCD i4 I have sold recently I think it would have done wonders as well with it.

Yeah, it's good. The LCDi4s really seem to reward extra power and punish weak systems, which is sad for such a mobile device. It likes my Moon 430HA, but the output from DAPs tend to render a flat, unengaging image. The sound is clear and lovely, but the opposite of authoritative and dynamic. I passed on the Hugo2 because my days of stacking a transportable are over. I wanted a pocketable grab-n-go but felt wistful knowing I wouldn't be satisfied. The DX200 is not a Hugo2 but with amp8 It is thoroughly satisfying. It makes for an insane portable system.

Jul 15, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #15,044 of 22,021
Yeah, it's good. The LCDi4s really seem to reward extra power and punish weak systems, which is sad for such a mobile device. It likes my Moon 430HA, but the output from DAPs tend to render a flat, unengaging image. The sound is clear and lovely, but the opposite of authoritative and dynamic. I passed on the Hugo2 because my days of stacking a transportable are over. I wanted a pocketable grab-n-go but felt wistful knowing I wouldn't be satisfied. The DX200 is not a Hugo2 but with amp8 It is thoroughly satisfying. It makes for an insane portable system.
Had you tried DSD512 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back