DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Nov 21, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #18,962 of 22,021
That was fast! I thought dx208 is bit superior to wm1z! How was that?

Because @Vitaly2017 ears are sensitive to hiss...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well you all know I got super ears.
And coming from an hdv820 down to dx200 was a downgrade by few notches. I was ok but the hiss got me out of my mind and I had to find a solution.
Wile dx200 is a nice dap and offers a tones of nice specs and features. I still found 1z being superior and muchhhh cleaner it has maybe 1 to 5% hiss wich I can leave with.
Sound wise it also pleased me more it was warmer lushier and very fun to listen. Its more premium as well its all copper and sonys ui is faster more appealing. With new features like blutooth dac I can stream spotify right into it.

And guys I was about to go for lpgt but something happend I couldnt refuse that insane super deal!

I baught tia forte and 1z for 4.3k that was a steal of a deal barely used in brand new condition...

So thats my short story :) hope you guys understand me and dont get mad.

I would like to share my big thanks to Paul hes an amazing guy and supper friendly he was very kind and replaced my dx200 for free and had free shipping too, it was a very impressive service I am very thankfull for hes support. Ibasso has probably the best service to customers they deserve a good applause :)

I like Ibasso and it was my first dap ever I owned. But audiophiles always grow to fast and need to evolve and upgrade there hunger to have more and better gear...

Nov 21, 2018 at 5:08 PM Post #18,964 of 22,021
Be forewarned this place charges tax, AFTER checkout. It's still a good price, but bhphoto is the better deal if you can wait till they restock.

This is a partial print screen of the invoice, there are no taxes.
I paid with PayPal, I’ll keep an eye if I see additional charges.

9DC9502A-78E6-4882-9A32-43092D7536F2.jpeg

Nov 21, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #18,966 of 22,021
Nov 22, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #18,968 of 22,021
Firmware based on Android 8.1 seems to be very stable. Along with my add-on, it provides user experience not much worse (in some aspects - better) than Android 6.1. But what if you can't join the party due to inability to run RockChip AndroidTool software?

Here is the solution that works for all, MacOS, Linux, and Window included: bootable SD-card to upgrade firmware on DX200! You only need a spare SD-card (4GB or more, sure you have one collecting dust!) and some minutes of your time to prepare it for this purpose. Then, you can use it for firmware upgrades even without using your computer!

WANTED: an experienced MacOS user, who can write step-by-step instruction on how to write an image to an SD-card, suitable for "average users", to be published there.

Of course, I've published an image of my add-on, compatible with upgrade via SD-card. And you always can revert back to 2.10.215-L0 using full flash image. So, what more are you waiting for? :)

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 2:44 AM Post #18,969 of 22,021
Firmware based on Android 8.1 seems to be very stable. Along with my add-on, it provides user experience not much worse (in some aspects - better) than Android 6.1. But what if you can't join the party due to inability to run RockChip AndroidTool software?

Here is the solution that works for all, MacOS, Linux, and Window included: bootable SD-card to upgrade firmware on DX200! You only need a spare SD-card (4GB or more, sure you have one collecting dust!) and some minutes of your time to prepare it for this purpose. Then, you can use it for firmware upgrades even without using your computer!

WANTED: an experienced MacOS user, who can write step-by-step instruction on how to write an image to an SD-card, suitable for "average users", to be published there.

Of course, I've published an image of my add-on, compatible with upgrade via SD-card. And you always can revert back to 2.10.215-L0 using full flash image. So, what more are you waiting for? :)

I can do OREO myself !??

On a mac?

Via SD card??

...if so ..whheeeeee!!

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #18,970 of 22,021

WANTED: an experienced MacOS user, who can write step-by-step instruction on how to write an image to an SD-card, suitable for "average users", to be published there. I believe, man dd is not a good solution :frowning2:

Great! Thanks a lot
Nice solution

All I have to do now, is wait till Ibasso realeases the non beta Oreo :stopwatch:

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #18,971 of 22,021
wait till Ibasso realeases the non beta Oreo
What do you miss in 0.03.004, apart from its status? Also, the more testers - the sooner the release.

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:26 AM Post #18,972 of 22,021
What do you miss in 0.03.004, apart from its status? Also, the more testers - the sooner the release.

Not sure if I know what you mean.
I am on the Oreo Beta1 version and experience no problems
I switched back from the Oreo 2 version because I prefer the sound signature of V1 over V2

I only use pure Mango mode btw. I never do streaming, bluetooth or wifi (always airplane mode, so maybe that wouldn't make me a good tester)

I am looking forward to the non Beta Mango, because of the expected new user interface

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #18,973 of 22,021
Not sure if I know what you mean.
I am on the Oreo Beta1 version and experience no problems
I switched back from the Oreo 2 version because I prefer the sound signature of V1 over V2

I only use pure Mango mode btw. I never do streaming, bluetooth or wifi (always airplane mode, so maybe that wouldn't make me a good tester)

I am looking forward to the non Beta Mango, because of the expected new user interface

You shouldn't expect any feature to be in the final version that wasn't in a beta version previously. If a new mango interface is coming then there will be at least a v3 beta to test it.

Nov 22, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #18,974 of 22,021

For Preparing Bootable SD card :-

The sdupdate.img file is 140052952 in size, and I've tried dd and Etcher which writes to the SD card successfully however Etcher does say that the sdupdate.img is a non-bootable file. I've also tried using Win32 Disk Imager under VMWare Fusion which also writes to the SD card however even under Windows 10 it says it's a non-mountable SD card and asks if I want to format it. Have I missed something?

Nov 22, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #18,975 of 22,021
Have I missed something?
I tried with Win32 Disk Imager only under WinXP, and it worked fine. But in the drop down list there were two choices for one removable drive: for the card reader (first) and SD card in it (second), and I used the second, with the drive letter.

Moreover, this image was created with Disk Imager, so it must work, being used correctly.

With dd, you need to write to the disk device, not to the partition on it, i.e. to /dev/sdc and not to /dev/sdc1.

The sdupdate.img file is 140052952 in size
OK, understood why there are more downloads of firmware add-ons than SD-card images :frowning2: I've put wrong link to the FirmwareUpdater page, and you didn't pay attention to the file name.
DX200FirmwareUpdater.img is 172 949 504 bytes long. It is the bootable SD-card image.

sdupdate.img is a firmware file to put to the SD card. Please re-read what I've written!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back