Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jun 1, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #1,561 of 3,012
They have been many phones that have come out after the GR07's, but the GR07 will always be in my collection of phones. Love the sound. 

I think anyone who's been around long enough knows GR07 has its fans. :wink:

My days of playing tit for tat between two IEM's are long behind me though. Not my style.

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #1,562 of 3,012
I think anyone who's been around long enough knows GR07 has its fans.
wink.gif

My days of playing tit for tat between two IEM's are long behind me though. Not my style.

Yes, the GR07 is among my collection of IEMs. I can't say I'm a hardcore fan but it's good at what it does and it definitely has a memorable sound for it's price 
wink.gif

Jun 1, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #1,563 of 3,012
I use my AN16 for yard work and other physical activities that might lead to utter destruction of the IEM. They are very good, especially for the price I paid, which was essentially $18. I would never use the Titans for such activities, especially since the recent picture posted of the housing coming apart. I definitely prefer their sound to the VSonics.

Jun 1, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #1,564 of 3,012
  I use my AN16 for yard work and other physical activities that might lead to utter destruction of the IEM. They are very good, especially for the price I paid, which was essentially $18. I would never use the Titans for such activities, especially since the recent picture posted of the housing coming apart. I definitely prefer their sound to the VSonics.

I use the Titan1's for yardwork - they fit under earmuffs which is great - and I don't recall feeling like they were ever in any  danger. I also use them when at the gym. And, I use them when biking.

I probably won't use them when paddleboarding though - that could definitely end up in destruction lol

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:27 PM Post #1,565 of 3,012
Could anyone with both the TripleFi10 and Titan 1 give a comparison? I'm looking to upgrade the former. I never found the TripleFi10 particularly comfortable - particularly while lying in bed - and the cable is highly microphonic. The sound quality, however, is sufficient to my ears. 

Also, I've read the Titan 1 lets in a fair amount of ambient noise. This is a desired quality for me as I like to run/bike/walk in public and thus I appreciate less-than-full isolation.  

Thanks!

Jun 1, 2015 at 6:05 PM Post #1,566 of 3,012

smily_headphones1.gif
I thought you Titan mavens would like an opinion I posted earlier on the KZ Impressions thread. Make sure you read the last line:

smily_headphones1.gif
There have only been 2 'phones recently that I had any issues with. Vsonic GR07 Classics and Havi B3 Pro 1. Let me explain.

I put 100 hrs on the GR07 after first trying it when I received them expecting GREAT things from all the hype. No matter what I tried I could not get them to fit or get a good seal, and they sounded THIN and TINNY. After 100 Hrs.Burn-In, they sounded just as bad or worse. I immediately sold them on Ebay.

The Havis are a different story. They are a superb sounding set, but my reaction to their voicing was Meh? I would assume these would be a TRUE Audiophiles delight, which I obviously am not. Almost Flat Response, great Soundstage and Articulate, but left me wanting more, so I gave them More. They are extremely hard to drive. I had plenty of Power using my E12 amp with the Gain Boost, but they still had no Bass, or at least as much as I like and I'm NO Basshead. So I used the E12s Bass Boost. This is where they became intolerable for me, at sufficient Volume and Bass boost for EDM or Trance they ACTUALLY DISTORTED. For me this is a deal Breaker, End of Story. The Havis are a superb phone for Acoustic or Classical low volume listening, but simply not for me. JMHO

I have been Utterly Spoiled by the Dunu Titan

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

For me it's the complete opposite. I feel spoilt by the Havi because I look for a wide and flat sound signature, and the Havi got this down packed. The Titans are party animals but I can't listen to them all day like I can with the Havis. What the Havis need is an authoritative warm amp to really shine, but the Titans sound better with a transparent amp. For me, there space for both in my arsenal.

Jun 1, 2015 at 7:01 PM Post #1,567 of 3,012
Your reassuring words are going to make waiting for delivery feel even longer.

I listen to pretty much all genres but EDM/Trance is my choice for on the go.

Are you amping the Titans to get best out of them ?

smily_headphones1.gif
Yep. My normal on the go settup is My trusty X1 through an E12 Mont Blanc. LOTZ of power. I run Line out (Flat EQ) from the X1 and season  with the Bass Boost from the E12 when needed.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 1, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #1,569 of 3,012
A couple recent posts reminded me of something I wanted to ask you guys before the Titans show up here tomorrow...I usually pick up some Comply tips for my IEMs...would you guys also recommend that for the Titans? Or do they come with some tips that I should try first? 

Really looking forward to hearing them tomorrow! 

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:01 PM Post #1,570 of 3,012
Focker - if you're going genuine Comply - make sure they are the 200 series.

Sony Isolation tips also fit pretty well, so the Sony Hybrids should fit also.

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #1,572 of 3,012
  Focker - if you're going genuine Comply - make sure they are the 200 series.

Sony Isolation tips also fit pretty well, so the Sony Hybrids should fit also.

Will do...thanks! 

If your mom was on here would she be mother @Focker?

Okay done, back to acting my age again...

You can never have too many Fockers

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #1,574 of 3,012
This thread is really getting Focker'd up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back