Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
May 31, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #1,546 of 3,012
  This is a shot in the dark, but are any of you guys owners of the FutureSonics Atrios? Those have been my favorite IEMs for a few years, and even though I've brought in some other contenders, the Atrios always come out on top. I'm hoping the Titans can give them a little more competition. Anyone have both and willing to offer some thoughts? 

I own the atri mg5 with mg7 drivers for a long time , they are excellent , the dunu titan 1 I like better , I lot of detail , more energetic , more spacious , sound is tight .

May 31, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #1,547 of 3,012
  I own the atri mg5 with mg7 drivers for a long time , they are excellent , the dunu titan 1 I like better , I lot of detail , more energetic , more spacious , sound is tight .

Interesting, thanks...should be a fun comparison

Jun 1, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #1,548 of 3,012
Pulled the trigger ! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EPH100 broke and Tenore just not delivering enough fun factor.

BTW anyone able to make comparison of Bass texture/detail against Aurisonics ASG2 ?

Bass in Drake's Take Care has never sounded better to my ears than with ASG2.

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:35 AM Post #1,550 of 3,012
  All I know is that they're a dream for Jazz.

EDIT: I will buy something today in secret. Then will let you guys know, because some of you will laugh, but I got a feeling ; )

Ooooooo secrets 
eek.gif

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #1,551 of 3,012
smily_headphones1.gif
I thought you Titan mavens would like an opinion I posted earlier on the KZ Impressions thread. Make sure you read the last line:

smily_headphones1.gif
There have only been 2 'phones recently that I had any issues with. Vsonic GR07 Classics and Havi B3 Pro 1. Let me explain.

I put 100 hrs on the GR07 after first trying it when I received them expecting GREAT things from all the hype. No matter what I tried I could not get them to fit or get a good seal, and they sounded THIN and TINNY. After 100 Hrs.Burn-In, they sounded just as bad or worse. I immediately sold them on Ebay.

The Havis are a different story. They are a superb sounding set, but my reaction to their voicing was Meh? I would assume these would be a TRUE Audiophiles delight, which I obviously am not. Almost Flat Response, great Soundstage and Articulate, but left me wanting more, so I gave them More. They are extremely hard to drive. I had plenty of Power using my E12 amp with the Gain Boost, but they still had no Bass, or at least as much as I like and I'm NO Basshead. So I used the E12s Bass Boost. This is where they became intolerable for me, at sufficient Volume and Bass boost for EDM or Trance they ACTUALLY DISTORTED. For me this is a deal Breaker, End of Story. The Havis are a superb phone for Acoustic or Classical low volume listening, but simply not for me. JMHO

I have been Utterly Spoiled by the Dunu Titan

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Jun 1, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #1,552 of 3,012
You can't really put GR07 down if you had a bad fit. Its not really the kind of IEM that gains instant wow factor for many even when fitted properly. Its more about absorbing the timbre, naturalness of those bio cellulose drivers. The reason GR07 is so popular is because its hard to fault with many errors. Titan on the other hand, has a more vibrant brighter sound. I like them both, but if you listen to a GR07 with good quality FLAC files, even at low volume late at night its just a really classy IEM. 

I suggest if you see them cheap again, try the fit once more. 

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:32 AM Post #1,555 of 3,012
What didn't you like about it?

It was along time ago. Not enough bass perhaps and nothing special about mids or treble, or detail, or separation... I remember I got the EPH100 (that I don't like now) at almost the same time and liked it much more than the GR07. But I don't remember much more, it was along time ago...

I have to get wow'ed by a IEM and that didn't happen with the GR07. By the other hand, when I got the UM3X, for example (many years ago), I got completely wow'ed. Same for T-PEOS H300 and W40 more recently. And now the Titan's, that I think that are as good and even better in certain areas.

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #1,556 of 3,012

It was along time ago. Not enough bass perhaps and nothing special about mids or treble, or detail, or separation... I remember I got the EPH100 (that I don't like now) at almost the same time and liked it much more than the GR07. But I don't remember much more, it was along time ago...

I have to get wow'ed by a IEM and that didn't happen with the GR07.

That's how I feel about the AN16. They're perfectly competent, but there's just no defining characteristic that makes them likable. I know they aren't the same as the GR07, but are obviously related sharing the same drivers and whatnot.

The Titan's on the other hand, for me, completely overshadow the AN16 in every way. No comparison to my ears.

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #1,557 of 3,012

That's how I feel about the AN16. They're perfectly competent, but there's just no defining characteristic that makes them likable. I know they aren't the same as the GR07, but are obviously related sharing the same drivers and whatnot.

The Titan's on the other hand, for me, completely overshadow the AN16 in every way. No comparison to my ears.

Thats it. Sorry, my english is not very good today. Or it's me... Not in my best days.

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #1,558 of 3,012
Well, I guess times change, the boys like Titan, so be it. 

I'll head back to the GR07 graveyard and lay some flowers. 

I like both. 
wink.gif

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #1,560 of 3,012
:) I thought you Titan mavens would like an opinion I posted earlier on the KZ Impressions thread. Make sure you read the last line:

Bass boost for EDM or Trance they ACTUALLY DISTORTED.....

I have been Utterly Spoiled by the Dunu Titan

:cool: :cool: TWIN

Your reassuring words are going to make waiting for delivery feel even longer.

I listen to pretty much all genres but EDM/Trance is my choice for on the go.

Are you amping the Titans to get best out of them ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back