Dunu TITAN Series (new for 2019: Titan 6) [Page 196]
Jun 1, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #1,576 of 3,012
  A couple recent posts reminded me of something I wanted to ask you guys before the Titans show up here tomorrow...I usually pick up some Comply tips for my IEMs...would you guys also recommend that for the Titans? Or do they come with some tips that I should try first? 

Really looking forward to hearing them tomorrow! 

One cool thing about the Titan1's is that they respond quite a lot to different tips. Many like the double/triple flange type tips to get them sounding as flat as possible. Others prefer comply's. I personally have stuck with the stock red core silicone tips because (a) they are small and therefore the titan1's don't stick out of my ears and fit better; and (b) I don't mind the slightly enhanced bass and the better isolation that they afford. So spend some time exploring which tips work best for you :)

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #1,577 of 3,012
Jun 1, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #1,578 of 3,012

One cool thing about the Titan1's is that they respond quite a lot to different tips. Many like the double/triple flange type tips to get them sounding as flat as possible. Others prefer comply's. I personally have stuck with the stock red core silicone tips because (a) they are small and therefore the titan1's don't stick out of my ears and fit better; and (b) I don't mind the slightly enhanced bass and the better isolation that they afford. So spend some time exploring which tips work best for you :)

Thanks brother Wayne :)

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:36 PM Post #1,579 of 3,012

Thanks brother Wayne :)

Yer welcome Focker! To elaborate, one of the things I love about the Titan1's with smaller single flange tips (like the red cores) is that the housings then fit inside of the antitragus, and for me they don't fall out even when tugged or when contorting the face due to extreme lifting of weights lol. For gym or biking use, this is perfect for me.

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:40 PM Post #1,580 of 3,012

Yer welcome Focker! To elaborate, one of the things I love about the Titan1's with smaller single flange tips (like the red cores) is that the housings then fit inside of the antitragus, and for me they don't fall out even when tugged or when contorting the face due to extreme lifting of weights lol. For gym or biking use, this is perfect for me.

LOL! That's my favorite post of the day 

Jun 1, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #1,581 of 3,012
Jun 1, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #1,582 of 3,012

You know what I'm talkin' about!

When I read your comment about face contorting, the first thing that went through my mind was, "hey, these will be great when I'm on the toilet then"

I almost SAID that, too! lol

Wait, oops! 
eek.gif

Jun 1, 2015 at 11:59 PM Post #1,583 of 3,012

That's the funny thing about my ears, when I have the Titans that deep, they become uncomfortable when I make contorting faces because something inside my ear moves. I must be some sort of alien, it drives me nuts! I have to use double flange tips to keep them just out of range of that part that moves.

Jun 2, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #1,585 of 3,012
For me it's the complete opposite. I feel spoilt by the Havi because I look for a wide and flat sound signature, and the Havi got this down packed. The Titans are party animals but I can't listen to them all day like I can with the Havis. What the Havis need is an authoritative warm amp to really shine, but the Titans sound better with a transparent amp. For me, there space for both in my arsenal.

+1, I feel exactly the same.

I also love the Titans when doing yard work, at the gym and while cykling. No signs of any weakness in their construction yet, knock on wood.

Jun 2, 2015 at 4:49 AM Post #1,586 of 3,012
+1, I feel exactly the same.

I also love the Titans when doing yard work, at the gym and while cykling. No signs of any weakness in their construction yet, knock on wood.

The Titans are great when you need to here whats going on around you, like cycling. But I every time when I got to take out the Titans (which sit right next to the Havis) I just get pulled to the Havis lol. I'm just a fan boy.

Jun 2, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #1,587 of 3,012

The Titans are great when you need to here whats going on around you, like cycling. But I every time when I got to take out the Titans (which sit right next to the Havis) I just get pulled to the Havis lol. I'm just a fan boy.

Your incessant Havi B3 blathering (
wink.gif
) forced me to dust off mine and give them a spin. It had been quite a while, and I hadn't tried them off of the Cayin C5 amp yet. Yup - nothing wrong with that sound! And I can even use the C5's bass boost with the Havi's to great effect (with other gear it can be a bit too much for me, but it works well with the Havi's).
beerchug.gif

Jun 2, 2015 at 7:04 PM Post #1,588 of 3,012
Hey guys...so I am at work and have only had about 10 min to give a listen, but so far I'm very impressed! There is only one small bone to pick at this point, and for there to be only ONE bone given I haven't spent much time with them, that says a lot (at least in terms of how I evaluate gear). 

I have to give credit for a fellow HE-500 and Dunu Titan owner for hitting the sound signature right on the head (in my opinion)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/604583/hifiman-he-400-impressions-and-discussion-thread/20250#post_11654566

So that one small bone is the midrange. They do sound slightly recessed to my ears, but overall the quick and dirty impressions are very positive. And I'm sure my impressions will be more refined as I get more time to listen :)

Jun 2, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #1,590 of 3,012
Hopefully burn in and tip selection will get the mids closer to where you prefer them.

Mine arriving weekend and can't wait to get them burnin in.

That's really the only thing I can say about them that's not to my liking, but everything else is excellent...I love the comfort. The angle on them fits my ears perfectly, and I love the detail. Also love the low end...sounds nice and clean...not boomy or bloated. Definitely keepers! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back